You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Anniebell" started this thread

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 3:06pm

Dreaded injections

My jabs start tomorrow. I'm on 300 Bemfola. Any hints or tips? I'd be lying if I said I was loozing forward to it. I'm absolutely dreading them. Not so much bothered about the needle I just hate taking medication. Forum seems slow these days, how's everyone getting on?

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 3:33pm

Good luck annie!! I think it will be the mental side for me that will be hard like the thought of sticking a needle in myself lol my hubby said he would do it first i said no but now i think i will lol x

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 3:51pm

Hubby is doing mine. Don't know if that's wise or not but it keeps him involved. I just want it all over. The more hurdles you get over the more there is to come.

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 4:06pm

Aw annie i know it feels like its never ending am so glad to have finally of started but just wish i new if its gona work or not x

Reg: Aug 25th 2017

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 4:59pm

My first cycle I used an ice pack to freeze my leg, but I didn't do that this time and really didn't notice a difference. The only advice I would have is to lift the medication and needle out of the fridge maybe 5 or 10 minutes before you need it. A couple of times I didn't do that this time, and it felt funny, nearly made my leg twitch a bit going in, but I think it was the cold rather than anything else. My last three I made sure to lift out and they were fine. Once you've done it once, you'll be grand! Good luck x

Reg: Apr 15th 2014

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 5:03pm

Hi Anniebell- I felt so better when I started the injections.

I had a wee routine taking mine! I would take my injection, lie down and relax listening to my fertility cd and imagined my ovaries ‘going to work’. Then my partner used to bring me one daily cup of tea and a piece of chocolate and I would watch an episode of father ted! Kind of made it more pleasurable- any excuse to eat a bit of chocolate!

I am still on my spray in prep for my FET at the start of next month. Felt wiped out, but with this cold weather- it’s acceptable to get into pjs and dressing gown straight after work.

Best of luck for your injections.

Joys

Ace

Reg: Mar 29th 2017

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 6:33pm

Good luck starting the injections. I got my husband to inject me as I freaked out each time I thought about stabbing myself even though they didn't hurt, I was just cowardly!

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 6:55pm

Thanks girls, think I'm just gonna be nervous till its started and/or done. Were any of you given a time to take it? They told me 6.30 every evening but I have read some threads where people were doing it earlier or later.

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 7:00pm

I was never given a specific time, I did mine at 8pm

Reg: Mar 18th 2017

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 7:06pm

Hi Annie I was told anytime between 6-8 so long as it was the same time every night - I chose 7.30 to give me time to get home and relax after work etc- also I started out getting My hubby to do the injections 1st time round but eventually ended up doing them myself as It really didn’t bother me as much as I thought it would . This stage is so exciting after all the waiting I can’t wait to be doing it again when my rfc go comes around .. good luck to all of you hopefully lots of bfps coming up on the forum :) xx
me 29 DH 37
Endo and MFI

ICSI#1 - July 17 - bfn
ICSI#2 - Nov 17- BFP !! - M/c at 6w1d
Hoping 2018 will be our year ....

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 7:07pm

I cannot believe it's tomorrow I start. I'd probably be as well doing it at the time they told me. I've cut out my caffeine and am eating healthy enough.. apart from a box of chocs I demolished today. I want to do everything I can to try and get it right. I don't want to look back and think, If I had off...

Lauren84

Reg: Dec 18th 2017

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 7:22pm

Hi anniebell my only advise with the injections is sit down and grab as much fat as possible then it doesnt hurt. My first two for some reason i done them standing up on my stomach and was very stingy and sore. I hate needles and found them a walk in the park compared to synarel... good luck... not long now so exciting!

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 7:31pm

Thanks Lauren. I hope to have as much luck as you.

Joys

Ace

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 9:00pm

I wasn't given a time but chose 7pm as we had a few evenings with family as we started over christmas / New Year so it worked out best for us. Best of luck, I found that the time went much quicker when I was injecting compared to just spraying.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 11:20pm

Wishing you luck for your first injection tomorrow. Grab as much fat as you can, I was nervous but after the first one it was really fine, and I hate needles! I did mine at 7pm, was just told the same time each day. Sometimes mine felt a little itchy after but only tiny, it’s never as bad as our head thinks beforehand :) xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 5:08pm

Girls just a quick question I’m on Synarel now 9 days and my cycle was due to start yesterday still no show . On my schedule it says to phone them if it’s not here by tomorrow.. does that mean my treatment is now likely to be delayed?

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 5:46pm

Currently having a minor meltdown. Less than 1 hour to go to start the injections and I'm terrified of side effects. I'm not a bit annoyed by the needle... yet. Im so afraid of OHSS or some other severe side effect. It says don't take if allergic to any ingredients but sure I don't know if I'm allergic to them or not. I'm building a mountain out of a molehill and over thinking but I can't help it. :tears: :tears: :tears:

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 5:49pm

And I have to go through this every day for 12 days. Infertility sucks....

Joys

Ace

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 5:53pm

It's certainly a stressful time but most likely you will be fine once you've got over the first day. just look out for the side effects and keep the clinics number handy to ask any questions. If it helps, my friend developed ohss and still went on to have a healthy baby boy. She said you'd know for certain if you get it so don't panic about slight twinges.

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 6:14pm

Thanks Joys, probably everything will be fine. I made mistake of reading leaflet and the difficulty breathing side effect has me a bit scared. I'll be fine. Ive a history of panic anyway sotrying not to let it start up panic attacks.

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 6:51pm

All done. Never knew needle went in until it stung a bit with fluid going in. I'm just not myself this evening but that's my general anxiety playing up. It's gonna be a long evening I think. Now the other thing is, can I take paracetamol with this stuff?

Joys

Ace

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 7:05pm

Well done anniebell! I was told yes paracetamol is fine, they gave me some at the clinic after my EC.

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 7:09pm

That's great Joys, thank you.

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 7:24pm

Well done Anniebell :)

Reg: Sep 21st 2017

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 7:43pm

Yay! Another wee hurdle anniebell xx

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 7:52pm

Haha Belfast.. several hurdles to go. It honestly wasn't that bad. I had a very anxious hour there seeing if I was gonna have any of the 'difficulty breathing or swelling' side effects but here I am and apart from a bit of a sore thigh I seem to be grand. I don't know where I would be without this forum. Thaks girls you are all amazing.

Fifs

Reg: Nov 19th 2017

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 8:49pm

Go you, anniebell, for getting through the first one. Injections sound unpleasant, but would love to be at that stage with you!!

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 9:09pm

Anniebell great news

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 10:29pm

Well done hon, that’s the worst one done :thumbsup: I got severe OHSS and was in hospital for 2 weeks (was told congratulations on your pregnancy in the hospital lift going from A&E, I didn’t even know I was until then), my consultant said it actually ‘supported’ my pregnancy and it may not have worked had my levels not been all over the place! Every cloud and all that :) Hope the paracetamol helped too xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 10:33pm

Thamks everyone. Feel like an idiot now!!! I didn't need the paracetamol either!!

Thursday, January 18th 2018, 3:09pm

Had a rough enough time from 4am - 6am this morning. Cramping, headache and an unbelieveable thirst. I went to my GP for a general check and all seems ok. I'm such a worrier it's not worth the anxiety not to check in with GP. I also rang clinic as I have to say the dry mouth/thirst scared me more than anything as I wasn't prepared for that. I can't put into words how I felt, just generally unwell. Clinic said they have never heard of that as a side effect so they seem happy enough. I still feel generally like poop today and now dreadin today's jab in case it makes me feel worse. 1 down... 11 to go :yell: :yell: :yell:

CQCQ

Reg: Jul 7th 2017

Thursday, January 18th 2018, 5:05pm

Keep going Anniebell you can do it!! Use the clinic, your GP and this forum as much as you need to over the next 11days That is what they’re for!! Just try to keep relaxed and keep thinking this is what you need to go through to be a mum so it’ll all b over soon and hopefully be worth it!!

Joys

Ace

Thursday, January 18th 2018, 5:14pm

Wishing you well anniebell, you can do this!

Thursday, January 18th 2018, 5:58pm

I honestly don't know what I would do without this forum. Thanks girls. Number 2 will be done shortly.

Thursday, January 18th 2018, 8:40pm

Girls what did you all use to help with cramping? Did everyone get it?

Friday, January 19th 2018, 7:19pm

Hi girls I’m on day 16 of sprays and I am still bleeding. My period came last Friday and it seemed to be away and then suddenly it started again. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Saturday, January 20th 2018, 12:05am

Hi Belfast123, mine was a strange one this time too. Lasted longer than usual and was there, then not and then only on wiping. Rang clinic and they said it was spray doing it so don't worry.

Saturday, January 20th 2018, 12:18am

Aw thanks so much anniebell that’s reassuring I was wondering what was going on I’m the same it seems to be just when I wipe now sorry for tmi! Lol! So glad to have u all

Saturday, January 20th 2018, 9:07am

That lasts forever that wiping carry on. I was so concerned but it's fine. Wouldn't we all be nuts with worry without this place?

Saturday, January 20th 2018, 9:36am

Yes anniebell I certainly Would be haha! How r the injections going? I start this Wednesday xx

Saturday, January 20th 2018, 10:58am

I hate evening time but once I have it took I am grand. Sounds crazy but the weather is not helping. I live on high ground and the snow is driving me mad, I keep thinking what happens if I get sick or something and can't get out. Irritional I know but I could do without the added stress. Symptoms wise I have a fair bit of fluttering going on in the abdomen and headache. Hubby would tell you I'm moody too haha! I do get a bit of pain on my left ovary when I am ovulating on that side and when I took jab in that thigh the other night I had quite a bit of similar pain in the ovary the following day. I went for the stomach last night.

Saturday, January 20th 2018, 1:01pm

Good on u Anniebell ur doing well to inject yourself etc I’ll be getting someone in my family to do it there r a few drs and nurses floating about lol! I just keep busy and try not to think about it all too much and I want it so badly to work but I’m also trying to focus on all the amazing things I have in my life if it doesn’t work. It’ll be a diff story if it doesn’t but for now that’s how I’m trying to think. I know u have prob said before but I lose track of everyone what dose r u on? Xx

Saturday, January 20th 2018, 1:22pm

Haha I'm not that brave... hubby does it for me. I'm on 300. That's how I try to be but you know our heads never stop thinking and wondering. 2ww will be absolute torture for me.