You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Wednesday, December 27th 2017, 9:52pm

How are you bumblebee38? Xx

Reg: Mar 18th 2017

Thursday, December 28th 2017, 12:09pm

Hi rodeogirl - I’m not from Scotland I’m in NI but I still follow this thread I seen your post and I couldn’t not say something -you were a great help to me many months ago when my 1st ivf failed and I am truely devestated to see your news .I really am thinking of you and will keep you and your family in my prayers .life’s is unbelievably cruel sometimes but you seem to be a fighter and have a strong family behind you -I will be thinking of you and your family in the months ahead x

To everyone else who has had failures and miscarriages I hope 2018 brings us all better luck and we get what we are hoping for x
me 29 DH 37
Endo and MFI

ICSI#1 - July 17 - bfn
ICSI#2 - Nov 17- BFP !! - M/c at 6w1d
Hoping 2018 will be our year ....

Kums17

Reg: Jul 27th 2017

Thursday, December 28th 2017, 5:11pm

Hi Rodeogirl,

I felt so sad reading your post, I had to go look at your initial posts to see if you wrote about any treatment given you during IVF that could have triggered this. But I think with cancer, you never know what exactly is the cause (although, I have always been skeptical about Progynova, because I did some extensive research on it and I think the side effect might outweigh its benefit at times, they keep saying if you use it for long, but what is the definition of long?). Life is unfair at times and you don't deserve this at all, however, your post shows you are strong and keeping your head high up. I pray that the Lord gives you the strength to go through this and come out victorious, I also pray that He will send His healing upon you in Jesus' name and you will look back at all this and smile in victory. Please continue to stay strong and take good care of yourself.

@Bambi, how are you doing? Have you been sorted re the molar-pregnancy issue? I also hope you had a good Christmas and are enjoying the festive season.

@everyone, compliments of the season and I wish you a blessed and victorious 2018. May those hoping to hold their babies, be able to do so in 2018, may those hoping to progress through their pregnancies be able to do so in 2018, may those hoping to get that bfp get them in 2018 and may those who have not enjoyed good health for a while, be blessed with perfect health in 2018.

Have a great evening everyone.
I am blessed beyond measures.

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Thursday, December 28th 2017, 9:32pm

How are you bumblebee38? Xx

I'm ok...nothing new here. We haven't gone for another cycle but are deciding on going to Prague next year. in the meantime, i need to lose weight but now i have a plan in place (just wating on someone there agreeing on an appointment date), I'll be back at slimming world AGAIN!!

Every year that passes, makes me realise the wasted opportunity to have a family. Its silly as its all ive ever wanted, so why isn't that enough to motivate me to stick to a diet??

How are you? I cant read back to see whats been happening with you?

Thursday, December 28th 2017, 9:52pm

Great news bumbkebee38, I wish you all the luck in the world!

We have a 18month old girl and had a FET in November/December but negative just over two weeks ago and I feel so guilty saying this but I am still devastated even though we are lucky. I phoned clinic today because I only bleecfor teodays after all meds stopped and I am in agony and started bleeding again yesterday. They didn't phone back so going to try and get g.p appointment tomorrow.

Good to here from you xxx

Friday, December 29th 2017, 11:02am

Rodeogirl I am devestated for you. Wishing you all the best with your treatment. Xxxx

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Friday, December 29th 2017, 7:50pm

Bloody hell Rodeogirl!! Haven't you been through enough?!

I couldn't actually take in what I was reading, big massive hug. You are such a strong person, a fighter and clued up on absolutely EVERYTHING and with that cancer doesn't even stand a chance!!

Hope you get all your answers soon as I could imagine the not knowing is unbearable. Hope your OH is coping well too. Much love and prayers for you and your family xxxx
Seven transfers later..

Baby bambi due December 7th baby2

Friday, December 29th 2017, 8:02pm

Bumblebee - I used to be a huge slimming world lover and do believe its perfect to aid weight loss. However, I don't believe it is the perfect "diet" to follow with fertility issues, it has a lot of artificial sugars, aspartame etc that are not good for you at all!!

Prior to my last cycle, I went on the Arbonne 30 days to healthy living and I cannot stress how amazing I felt, I lost weight and I was eating clean!! All high protein which is fab for us ladies, no gluten, dairy, sugars, processed foods, no starchy veg like white potatoes, can have brown rice and sweet potatoes etc. My energy was endless, my skin and hair were amazing, helped a lot with my anxiety and mental health as I believe a lot of illnesses are food related. I had a protein shake, blended with fruit and almond milk for breakfast it pretty much filled me up until lunch, may snack on an apple etc. Clean eating is hard going but once you get the hang of it you really think twice about what you eat, except over the festivities I intend to try and do another 30 day challenge as normally I try to live as clean eating as I can and avoid gluten/dairy when I can but then I feel you gotta live a little too!!
Before my next transfer, i will be following this and upping my protein intake.

If you want more info on Arbonne just let me know I am not involved with them at all just really recommend them xx
Seven transfers later..

Lily884

Reg: Aug 16th 2016

Saturday, December 30th 2017, 10:04pm

Rodeogirl, I am so sorry to read this news. I hope your family are giving you all the support you need. Having been through this with a family member I am happy to see you have the right attitude, strength is what you need now. It will be overwhelming but keep positive xxx
3 years TTC, male factor, starting 1st ICSI in Jan :|

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Friday, January 5th 2018, 2:24pm

Hey Ladies.

Happy New Year to you all and hope you all had a peaceful time over the holidays.

Hope everyone is keeping ok and all the bumps are doing well too?

Bumblee Bee it's lovely to hear from you and thanks for your lovely message too. I thought often about you and how you were doing. Good luck for the future in Prague and will keep everything crossed for you. Let us know how you get on xxx

Well my saga continues with finally getting some further answers this morning after the last 2 appts at the breast clinic were cancelled as my results were not back from Dundee. Turns out the breast cancer is not hormone based after all despite all the signs pointing to this after the mc's and IVF and it's not the other type HER2 or something like that so they are now back to the drawing board to see if it genetic although I would have to be the first in the genetic link as there is no family history of it. Aberdeen and Dundee have kept my last genetic blood samples from 4 years ago as they keep it for 20 years, so are now starting to check as from today if I carry the BRACA gene. This means another 2 week delay before we get the results back and before they can decide on type of surgery and treamtent but it now looks like I'll definitely need chemo and radiotherapy and if I do carry the gene then I might want to consider a double mastectomy to prevent the chance of it coming back on the other side. There is lots to think about in the future and lots of big decisions to be made possibly but I've said if it comes to this then I would probably want to have them both removed with a full reconstruction done at the same time. So all in all it's been a pretty rubbish few weeks but I'm strong and I'll fight this to the bitter end and I'm not giving up without a fight! As I said to the McMillan Nurse this morning, it I can survive 3 X mc's and IVF I can survive anything! tis fertility journey certainly toughens you up to face all sorts of fears you hoped you would never have to face.

Love and hugs to you all and I'll keep watching and reading your stories and keeping everything crossed you get your rainbow babies in the end

xxxxxx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

Lily884

Friday, January 5th 2018, 2:46pm

Progesterone

@rodeogirl Sounds like you have a plan in place and a strong head on your shoulders, I wish you all the best!

I wondered if I could ask what people’s experience of progesterone has been with Aberdeen? I have been reading up on IVF so I understand exactly what’s happening and when, and was surprised to learn about progesterone suppositories! My DH was laughing (he’s a brave man) last night as I exclaimed that it wasn’t enough that I was going to have to swallow tablets, attack my tummy with needles, have many meetings with the dildocam, never mind the recovery and transfer, but to add that I then may have to shove something up my behind 3 times a day for potentially 12 weeks?! Jings crivens

Friday, January 5th 2018, 8:10pm

Hi Rodeogirl, oh what a time your having waiting on the results and what type. I have always said I would have a double mastectomy if I ended up with breast cancer which I do have a highchange of it due to family. Your so strong and an inspiration!

Hi lilly84, yes progesterone pessaries teice daily after egg collection twice daily twelve hours apart. You soon get used to it and becomes part of your routine

Lily884

Monday, January 8th 2018, 12:40pm

Thanks Hello! Great news...!
I have another question (can you tell I’m a first timer!) about the e-freeze trial, has anyone on here been involved? As an Inverness-traveller, the whole requiring days off work thing is causing me quite a lot of anxiety as I work in a fairly small office where your absence is noticed! I have worked it for my scans that I will have two half days and two full days but then figure will need two full days also for egg recovery. As I have opted for the trial, I don’t know yet whether I will be in for the transfer 5 days later (assuming I get at least one decent embryo of course) or a month later. To be honest, I think I would prefer to opt for a FET if I could as this let’s me spread it out more and relax as I would know the timetable - I’m a bit of a control freak! Plus I’m genuinely interested in their trial. Does anyone know if that’s possible? Thanks!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lily884" (Jan 8th 2018, 12:43pm)

Monday, January 8th 2018, 8:18pm

Hello all,
Hope you all well.
Rodeogirl hope you get results and a plan soon must be such an unsettling time.
Bambi how are you?
Lilly - the progesterone is not anything to worry about. As for time of work it is so stressful isn't it. I was on short cycle. Was on northerisone from day 21 of cycle and had a day 37 cycle. I had a scan on Monday which should be day 1 of cycle. A scan the next mon, wed and fri. Egg collection the following Monday and transfer on the Saturday although was booked in on the Thursday for a three day transfer and cancelled for 5 day transfer. We had two frozen embryos to transfer. Getting ready for embryo transfer 2.
I am not hopeful about this FET and for next ivf I think I will ask for freeze all and was very sore after egg collection for a week. Although mixed about that as I find the FET very stressful with regards to the thaw. Good luck.
Ladies can you please tell me all you know about grading? I'm completely clueless!
Beattie xx

Monday, January 8th 2018, 9:31pm

Hi All,

I have to say I felt a lot more stressed having a FET than a fresh cycle, the thaw was very stressful and I felt that I got very anxious and worried more than I did for a fresh. Time off is very stressful that's why I am going to get signed off like I did for my successful cycle. The grade depends on the day of transfer if it's a three or five day transfer! I used to have a good link il try and find it xxx

Monday, January 8th 2018, 10:13pm

Are you going for a full cycle again hello or do you have more embryos? It's a 5 day blast which I don't have much faith in working but really want it to be the one. Would be great to see the link.
Best wishes BT x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Beattie02" (Jan 8th 2018, 10:14pm)

Tuesday, January 9th 2018, 8:19am

Understanding Embryo Grading - ARC Fertility

Hi Beattie, my successful treatment was a day three and since I had no frozen on my first ivf that failed. They froze dome on day 3 and some day 5 and I had a day 5 FET which failed do I have 2 frozen day three left and I am having these transferred and I want the endrometrial scratch and embryo glue incase this is my last chance! I have decided to have a few reflexology appointments more to relax and not stress too!

Xx

Lily884

Tuesday, January 9th 2018, 8:42am

Thanks for the feedback ladies! Beattie, it sounds like we’re on the exact same protocol. I started Norethisterone yesterday! I was in for a laparoscopy last year and just told Work it was a minor op, think I’ll say I’ve got a follow up op with some consultant appts in the run up, doubt they’ll ask anything. Feeling a little calmer about it now! That’s interesting that you guys have found the FET more stressful, I wonder though if it’s your first time having never done a fresh would it be so stressful? I guess the first time is stressful all round! I am going to plan nice things to keep me distracted and as chilled out as much as possible...here’s hoping!

Tuesday, January 9th 2018, 1:38pm

Hello everyone!

Rodeogirl - my goodness my heart really does break for you. I'm just so relieved you found the lump and acted on it, I am still really lost for words on what to say... I think about you so much and can't believe this is happening. Your strong and that is half the battle!! lots of love xx

Thank you, Beattie I'm doing ok.

Dundee had confirmed that fortunately, it wasn't a molar ( i am a little confused as to why Raigmore lab thought it was) anyway I am so relieved. They did scan me prior to Christmas and they were some unidentified abnormalities maybe leftover pregnancy tissue and they thought it might have been the abnormal cells related to a molar (this was prior to the news from Dundee) so I started a strong antibiotic course to stop infection or growth of these cells. On boxing day I started bleeding and had almost a mini miscarriage so I hoped this was the leftover pregnancy tissue then went on to have my period which lasted 7 days then stopped. A couple of days later I started spotting and haven't stopped and I am little confused/worried. I haven't been back in touch with Raigmore as they have discharged me from there care. So do I just carry on as normal and hope it all sorts itself out or should I ring them? As its only spotting, it doesn't seem worth phoning but I'm worried it is a sign something is still not right down there? We went down to London for New Year we really needed a few days to get away and while I was away I had a really bad UTI I was howling with pain, so again I back on antibiotics I would query an infection but with all these antibiotics I cant see how this would be possible!!

Sorry I haven't had much of a chance to read back through comments, hope everyone else is doing well and get a good catch up when I can xxx
Seven transfers later..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bambi85" (Jan 9th 2018, 1:40pm)

Wednesday, January 10th 2018, 9:57am

Oh bambi so sorry. I'd go back to gp if your still bleeding even if is spitting and def if still on pain.
Thank you hello - is that the grading system Aberdeen use I thought 5 was good and 1 poor. I'm so nervous about this failing again.

Lilly you'll be fine - having had 7 failed iui I found the ivf process more straightforward as I was able to plan time off work and did have to do all that peeing on stick nonsense for ovulation. The FET is a bit less easy to predict. I've not told my work and want to keep it that way. When do you find out what group you have been randomised to? Good luck BT x

Lily884

Wednesday, January 10th 2018, 10:50am

7 failed IUI, that must be hard. I told my boss I have an upcoming op as a follow on from last year which would involve a number of hospital appointments, none of which is a lie, and he told me to do what I have to do, big relief! I’m glad I get to keep it private at least this time anyway. Why is the FET harder to predict? I haven’t looked into how they prepare you for FET yet, sorry! Well the consultant told me I’d find out straight after egg collection whether or not we’ve been picked for the trial. Either way I’ll try and stay positive! When do you expect your FET to happen roughly?

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Saturday, January 13th 2018, 8:30pm

Hi everyone,
I haven't posted for ages and I don't know when I'll have another chance now! Just to wish you all a very Happy New Year, wishing that this will be YOUR lucky year. Also to let you know that I had my twin baby boys, Jordi and Jamie, a wee bit earlier on the 28th of December. I had a scheduled C-section and everything went really smoothly, recovering very well. Jamie had to be at the neonatal unit for 2 weeks, being 2000g at birth and to help him with feeding: he was getting tired quickly sucking from teat and had to be fed by tube to help him out. We are all back home since Thursday and getting used to the new challenges of having the 2 boys home but all good.
Rodeogirl, I meant to pop in here as well just to check on your news. I am so so gutted for you to hear your results. I was really hoping for a positive result... This is definitely the last thing you needed and I commend you for your strength in dealing with it all. You'll beat this, I'm sure of it. You've got the right attitude and I know many people in your situation who have had a very successful recovery. You won't be any different, you'll see. A massive hug to you and, even if I don't pop in here because I'm busy, I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. xxx
To everyone else, best of luck and wishes and hoping for many BFPs this year. Lots of hugs.
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Saturday, January 13th 2018, 9:43pm

:congrats: on the birth of your wee boys Sunflower... Lovely news xx

Kums17

Reg: Jul 27th 2017

Saturday, January 13th 2018, 11:12pm

Hi Everyone,
Happy New year to you all and I hope you are all keeping well. I wish you all a blessed new year and may your dreams come true.

@rodeogirl, I will keep praying for you and I hope you are coping well?

@bambi, what a relief it's not a molar. Please get checked 're spotting, it's better to leave no stone unturned in these situations.

@sunflower, huge congratulations to you, you won't even remember all those bfns anymore. I feel like running to come hug the twins!!! Have a great motherhood journey.

@Lily, I had FET as my first round of ivf and I found it very easy for me. I wouldn't have loved a fresh transfer as I was ill after egg recovery. I was blessed to have 17 eggs retrieved which qualified me to enter into the trial and then we were able to make 7 day 5 embryos and was also selected for a FET. The transfer resulted into a pregnancy, unfortunately it ended in a miscarriage. My advice will be to take it step by step and be positive all through. Progesterone will become a bliss as you keep using it.

I remembered someone asked about grading, I find that AFC don't emphasise on grading, I don't know if that's consultant dependent but I managed to find out the grading of our embryos during our post miscarriage consultation and it wasn't even the main topic it was just a side talk and I caught a glimpse of our embryo grading from my case note while the doctor was reading the state of the embryo out. So they use the number followed by two alphabets grading , so something like 5AA is the best, meaning a blastocyst about to hatch or even hatching and the AA mean something I can't remember offhand. If I come across the site I used to check it, I will post it here.

Have a great week ahead everyone.
I am blessed beyond measures.

GB87

Reg: Apr 15th 2016

Sunday, January 14th 2018, 9:40pm

Massive Congratulations Sunflower77 ! Fabulous news xxx

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Monday, January 15th 2018, 2:10pm

Hey ladies

Massive congratualtions Sunflower baby2 bab22 bab22 I'm so delighted for you and that everything went well with the birth. Great news you are all home now and are getting used to the madness of twins! I hope you've got lots of help on standby? I've got a few friends with twins and they all say they first few months are total madness but then as they get older they are good company for each other. I wish you all the happiness in the world with your new family. You so deserve it all. Gosh it just seems like yesterday you got you BFP result.

I hope everyone else is doing ok? Hugs to you all.

Thanks for all the lovely kind messages recently. We are still waiting for genetic results to come back which shuld hopefully be here by the end of the week or the start of next week but in the mean time, I'm booked for my pre-op assessment tomorrow so that they can get me into theatre ASAP once they have the results. I'm still not sure of what type of surgery i'll be getting or what my treatment plan will be yet but they said my pre-op assessment will just check me over to make sure that I'm fit enough for surgery at the moment, then my Cons will go over everything at a later stage. The waiting is killing me now and we keep getting told diffeent things about the order of treatment so that doesn't help either. Hopefully once I get a treamtent plan I'll be a bit more settled then.

Anyway, wishing you all good luck in the future and I hope to see lots of BFP's and happy news of baby bumps soon.

xxxx

blowkiss

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 8:52am

Rodeogirl your doing so well and I wish you all the best of luck for your treatment! Sorry got the late reply we have all been struck down with the flu/bug!

Please keep in touch and sending you wishes!

Xxx

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 5:13pm

Ladies I’m so sorry just to jump in on the forum but I’m currently having treatment with RFC and I was wondering if any of you could up me with something ?
Girls ju
I’m on Synarel now 9 days and my cycle was due to start yesterday still no show . On my schedule it says to phone them if it’s not here by tomorrow.. does that mean my treatment is now likely to be delayed?

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 10:08pm

Not always Martha it happens a lot to people I haven't experienced but hopefully someone else comments but the clinic will keep you right!

Good luck on your treatment xxx

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 1:24pm

Hi Martha - sorry not able to help there. Hopefully you managed to get started with no delays.
Congratulations Sunflower, hope all is well.
Rodeogirl -hope your keeping well and get started with treatment soon, best wishes.
Thank you Kumbs - I am worried about this FET but it will be what it will be
Lily - how are you getting on - well I hope. I am waiting for day 1 of my next cycle which should be next week.
Bambi - how are you getting on?
Hello - hope your well.

Sorry for anyone I have missed, hope you are all well BT x

Reg: Feb 28th 2016

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 3:09pm

Hi sorry it's been a while- I pop in now and then to see how everyone is. Think you asked me how the birth was hello- sorry I didn't reply. It was a really good experience- waters broke on the evening of the 1st Sept then our little girl was born in the early hours of the 3rd. Managed to use the pool and barely felt the contractions- so lovely and relaxing so I highly recommend.

I just wanted to say how devastated I am for you bambie- I really thought this was your time and everything would work out for you- I'm so sorry you're having to go through this again. I hope you can continue with treatment soon and you will have a wee one soon. I have everything crossed for you and can't wait to hear some good news- never give up

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 3:11pm

Rodeo girl I'm so sorry to hear your news! I don't have any words to express how awful I feel for you and how cruel life can be! You have through enough already and I just hope that you make a speedy recovery and treatment is straight forward.

My heart goes out for you all and I hope that everyone gets their happy ending soon. The fertility journey is not an easy one and it's so easy to become despondent and obsess over every little thing. Stay strong

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 3:12pm

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 3:13pm

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 3:42pm

Hi Ladies

How are you all? Congratulations Wee Miracles on the birth of your littel girl. Hope you are both keeping well!

Bambi how are you? Have you got a date to start again?

Well finally after 8 weeks of stress and me finally kicking off on Mon I've got my genetic results back and thankfully I don't have the 2 BRACA genes. I'm a bit of a mystery as I don't fall into the other 2 categories either so they have sent off for various other family members pathology records from Cancer Registry and are now testing me for the TP53 gene which can throw off a genetic link to breast cancer from someone who has previously had a sarcoma. I think I should either retrian in genetics or fertility at this rate as I've learned so much! lol. At least i can laugh I suppose now after going through hell recently. This result takes another 2-3 weeks to come back but in the meantime they have booked me in for surgery next Thursday and have now agreed I no longer need the double mastectomy as I dont have the BRACA genes and all I should need is lumpectomy and a sentinol node biopsy to remove a few lymph nodes to see if the cancer has spread. I'm booked to see the Cons again on Mon to go over everything then I wil get my radioactive dye the day before my op so they lymph nodes show up more easily under the ultrasound. I'm dreading the surgery but it has to be done and then we will see what further treatment in the terms of chemo or radiotherapy I will need. So if I'm not in touch for the next wee while, it's probably as I'm too sore to type but wishing you all lots of luck for your future treatment and I'll check in when I can.

Hugs to you all

xxxx

blowkiss

ABCgirl

Reg: Nov 26th 2016

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 6:49pm

Glad to hear there is a silver lining for you Rodeogirl. Your strength and courage through all this is truly inspiring.

Just a quick update from me... after our failed fertilization after IVF, I investigated a lot and didn't want to take the chance of having another failed fertilization with ICSI. So we contacted a researcher at Oxford who is investigating PLCzeta protein, it's the protein responsible for activation of the egg. Despite stellar numbers on the standard semen analysis, the results showed that my husband has reduced quantities of this protein so ICSI would have also likely failed. We had a great talk with the lab manager after I sent the results and they are able to put the embryo in a calcium solution for a few minutes which is supposed to kickstart activation. It's quite experimental/cutting edge as the only children born from it are not even in their teen. I just hope this is the answer we need to find success in our second round and that this is the only reason we haven't been able to conceive naturally.

I'm on day 5 of buserelin. This long protocol is killing me! It's going so slow, otherwise, no side effects and I've felt fine so far

Good luck to you all. How is everyone else doing? Any updates?
Me/DH(34) TTC 2.5y Unexplained
Oct '17: IVF1 TFF
Feb ‘18: IVF2 w/ICSI+AOA BFN
5 ❄️
Apr: FET 1 BFP

Wednesday, January 31st 2018, 4:07pm

How is it all going ABC? I would have been in touch before we have been floored with a really bad bag!

How are you Rodeogirl? Have been thinking of you so much take care.

We have our review next week? We still have two froasties so I want a double transfer and run the risk if it's a success!

Hello to everyone else!

Xxx

ABCgirl

Wednesday, January 31st 2018, 10:33pm

It’s going... I have my baseline scan in one week. Injections have been going fine - except yesterday I totally forgot and injected 2 hours kate. :/. I’ve just some minor headaches but nothing too horrible. Hope the drugs are working as I don’t feel very different.
That’s it for me!
5 ❄️

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 3:04pm

Hey everyone xx

Hi all, sorry I've been MIA just needed to distract myself from the IVF scene for a wee while. Work has been hectic and my studies are full on which is good I advent got much time for googling every IVF issue which by now I think I am running out of things to google lol...

Anyways, a wee update, i decided not to go back and get checked to be honest I needed a break from hospitals, doctors etc and just hoped everything would be ok and I believe it is. Ive had my follow up in Aberdeen and met a consultant that we had not met before and he was a absolutely lovely.
So whenever I feel ready I am good to go for IVF transfer no7.. really don't know how I feel about this, one part of me feels I need that break away and there is more to life than IVF and all the waiting and the time that gets wasted over failed cycles back to back, but then I'm 33 soon and I don't want to waste anymore of life and just want our family to be complete so we can start living life again!! I have 2 frozen left and don't know wether like you Hello to just go for the double transfer, I very much doubt it would be a successful twin pregnancy but in that chance id be more than happy, I have strong family support etc, I just don't know what or when our next move will be..

Rodeogirl - Ive been thinking of you a lot and really hope you are well, I am so overjoyed to read some good news although you still have that wee mountain to climb I am just wishing and praying you have a quick, speedy recovery and this ordeal can be over soon. Have you thought anymore about the adoption or your next step or is it set aside at the moment? Sending love and hugs xxx

Hello - thats brill you have had your review and good luck with your next transfer. Are you starting on your next cycle?xx

ABC Girl - I too had really bad headaches on the injections I believe it was down to not drinking enough and being slightly dehydrated as your body is working so hard being stimulated to produce all the follicles that you need to give it more fluids. Good luck and hope you feel better soon xx

Sunflower77 - Massive huge congratulations on the birth of your wee boys, glad you are all doing well now and I love their names xx

Weemiracles - Thank you means alot and your birth seemed to be a breeze, hope you doing well and enjoying motherhood xx

Thanks Kums17 and Beattie02 I am doing much better now and at this point if my next transfer is going to end in miscarriage I would rather it just be negative on pregnancy test I don't know how many more of these I can go through, I am not worried about what I have to go through (like with my body) but its more the time of work, letting people down aspect of it. We all need 2018 to be our year!!! #positivity xxx
Seven transfers later..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bambi85" (Feb 2nd 2018, 3:08pm)

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 3:35pm

Lovely hearing from you bambi85, we have never seen the same doctor twice at the clinic. You are so strong and you deserve a successful outcome. If I was you I would go double transfer you have nothing to lose and I know myself if I don't go for it I will regret it. I meant to say out review this this coming week. I have decided to go with next cycle but have the scratch this time so prob be march for transfer!

Take care

Xxx

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 8:45pm

I really am contemplating it although I did have a double embryo transfer last cycle and it ended in a chemical pregnancy around 5 weeks. I am scared incase one is "the one" and the other one affects it or miscarries and I end up losing them both. Guess a chance we have to take.. xx
Seven transfers later..

Reg: Feb 3rd 2018

Saturday, February 3rd 2018, 12:15pm

Hi everyone,
Really interesting reading all your stories, progress and sadly some not so happy stories too. Hope everyone’s good.
Bit of a quick history to our story:
We’ve just got our first ivf appointment after after 3 years trying, 3 months of tests and being told nothing is possible as I’ve got a low ovarian reserve, so it’s pretty much no to any NHS funding unless we went for a donor. By the end of it, we we’re a bit frazzled and disheartened, decided to give it until Christmas to ttc naturally before heading back to the clinic to get a paid cycle started to be sure, and then the lovely doc fought our case to be given one chance at it from the NHS. Pleased doesn’t cover it, but now we’ve got the scary prospect of starting the process and for one go only, feeling the pressure now it’s all happening!

Anyone have any tips or advice to help maximise our chances?
X

Saturday, February 3rd 2018, 1:10pm

Welcome CraftyAcorn (love the name)

So sorry to read your story but I am very glad you had a good doctor fighting for your right after all its not like we want reconstructive plastic surgery its the most natural thing in the world and all we all want to become a mum and to be denied of even one chance is awful!!

I hope you respond well to stimulation and you never know you might have some to freeze which those later frozen transfers are still included in your one IVF cycle. So you may have more than one chance but hope you only need the one!

As you have read we all have such different stories and journeys and I do believe its a lottery game. My only bit of advice is to follow doctors orders and don't miss/forget on any medications as timing is key and to look after yourself. I don't know anything about your diet but I would encourage to try keep junk food to a minimum and try eat healthy with loads of fruit and veg and try up your protein intake and vitamins especially folic acid. Keep hydrated too.

Good luck and keep us posted, we are all in this journey together and between us all we will probably have an answer to any question or even just to listen to a wee rant

B x
Seven transfers later..

Wednesday, February 7th 2018, 6:46pm

Hi girls,

Welcome crafty acorn, I am so delighted your getting actcle by the NHS.

We had our review and I am waiting for my period and will get the endometrial scratch this month and next month we will start cycle. They have suggested we do a double transfer since that's the only cycle we have had success. I can lie the fear of it working with the two scares me s bit. They are checking my thyroid levels again since it was borderline in October!!

Tips for success I think is don't stress and take time for yourself!

Xxx

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 7:58am

Morning ladies
How’s everyone doing? Welcome Crafty Acorn and wishing you lots of good luck for the future too. As Hello says, lots of heathy eating and drinking lots of fluid when going through treatment really helps with side effects of the meds too. Most of all try to relax bit that’s easier said than done.

My news is that I had my surgery a week ago and finally starting to feel human again. Op went well despite some post op complications and I ended up in theatre recovery for 4 hours then caught a sickness and diarrhoea bug in hospital so ended up staying in for a few days. On the mend now thank goodness. I’m still very sore, massively bruised and swollen but once the stitches dissolve end of next week the pain should subside. Back to clinic next Thursday for all the final lump and lymph node results as will get my next stage treatment plan then. To say I’m terrifed is putting it mildly but the worst bit of the surgery is over now so I’ll deal with whatever each day as it comes.

Love and hugs to everyone. Sorry I’m not naming you all but typing is really hard with the pain at the moment so trying to keep it short for now.

Xxxx

blowkiss

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 8:10am

Morning Rodeogirl

So good to hear from you and glad your surgery is past with you will be sore with the swelling and tight with the stitches. I have my fingers crossed for your next appointment but your do strong and you will get through anything. Big hugs and hope your relaxing and bet your being looked after by your husband xxx ^^

ABCgirl

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 11:17am

Glad to hear you’re on the road to recovery Rodeogirl

Craftyacorn - that’s great news you get one round. What a blessing. I’m afraid I’m a little short on advice at the moment...

I came here hoping to find some reassurance. Since you’re all familiar with the clinic I’d like your input. I went in for my baseline scan and thankfully everything was great and ready to start stimms the next day. And i don’t know what I was thinking, when the evening came I started stimms that night. So I’ve started a day early. I called the clinic and they said it’s fine, to keep on the same schedule and they’ll work around it. But I’m so mad at myself - I can’t believe I did something so stupid. I’m afraid now that I’ve messed up the clinics schedule. I believe they only do collections on Mon, Wed and Fri so this one day throws that off... what if they collect too early or too late. If I don’t get any mature eggs (I got 8 out of 9 follicles last time) I’ll just kick myself even more. Ive just felt rotten about it and so anxious. I feel so stupid for jeopardizing this after waiting for long and downregulating for over 3 weeks

If anyone has any experience with this - like any kind of shift in egg collection schedule - I would really appreciate it.
Hope everyone else is doing well xx
5 ❄️

HHH29

Reg: Mar 8th 2016

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 12:23pm

Hi ABCgirl - I didn't want to read and run. I completely understand why you are panicked but it won't change your cycle. I actually took the complete wrong dose of the stim drug one day! I ended up calling the clinic in tears and they told me not to worry and it would all work out. I think its a general statement that they only do collection on Mon, Wed and Friday - I had egg collection on a Saturday. It can't be strict like that as everyone responds differently so they will schedule it on the best day for you based on how your follicles are looking. A couple of times the nurse wasn't sure with me so they reviewed my case with the consultant in the afternoon and called me to let me know.

I know its so easy for someone else to say but try not to worry, its started now so just focus on looking after yourself. I completely agree with the others that trying to relax and avoiding stress works wonders.

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 12:28pm

Hi ABC, please don't worry I forgot one because I was so exhausted I only remembered when my alarm went off I was so near the end of getting stimulated I just needed to take the injection yo stop ovulating and realise the eggs! I had to go in for a scan on a Saturday! The girls have this a lot please don't stress it will all work out! Xx

ABCgirl

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 1:19pm

Thanks ladies - that does make me feel better. Glad they do the surgery on other days as required. I figured they would but it’s nice to hear from other people.
5 ❄️

20 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

1 member and 19 guests

Tinkerbell45

Who we are: ADMINISTRATOR, GLOBAL MODERATOR, MODERATOR, MENTOR, MEMBER, X - Blocked Users

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE