FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Sunday, March 11th 2018, 9:11pm

I am so sorry Ashstar, thinking of you xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Sunday, March 11th 2018, 9:22pm

Thanks everyone, I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day. I was a little bit extra spoilt by my wee man today and had a nice quiet day in with him. You are so right Pip, we are all very blessed and I never forget it. To be honest though I'm feeling a bit down today. I just don't feel ready to give up hope of having another baby yet but I don't know what to do. We really can't afford a fresh cycle and even if we could I feel that the odds would be low as I'm not getting any younger and I just don't know if I could put myself through all that stress again. We have unexplained infertility and DH keeps saying lets just keep trying naturally and maybe it will happen but in my heart I know it won't as it never has before in 10 years. Even trying naturally is stressful as no matter how much I try to forget about it every month there's a tiny bit of hope that maybe it will happen. I know I need to just draw a line under it and move on but it's so very hard!

Sorry for the depressing post. R is still sleeping terribly and I'm up most of every night with him at the moment. Work is really busy and stressful and I'm just feeling like everything is getting on top of me. DH is wanting to book a wee holiday so hoping that we get something sorted as I could do with the change of scenery xx
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Sunday, March 11th 2018, 10:07pm

Ah ashastar I’m so sorry, I remember how badly I wanted a sibling for L and I know I was so fortunate that it worked for us. It’s all so raw for you right now. Give it a bit of time and see how you feel but I am sending hugs. So sorry it didn’t work out. A holiday sounds like a nice idea, does sound like things are prett tough just now. Can you call you health visitor for some sleep ideas to help R? Can your DH go to him some nights to give you a break so you can sleep through?
Take care of yourself. So sorry xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Sunday, March 11th 2018, 10:50pm

Thank you net for your very kind words. I will bounce back, as you say it's all just a bit raw at the minute. My horrible sister in law is due her 3rd child in the next couple of weeks and she is so smug and annoying. Wish I could hibernate for a while lol!

I'd thought about speaking to the health visitor about the sleeping but she's never overly helpful so just kinda ploughing on for now. I've ended up bringing him into bed with me at around 3am for the past few nights just so that we can get some sleep as I have to drive a lot for work and I'm getting to the stage where I'm scared I'll have an accident. DH does try to get up to him but he just gets more hysterical and screams for me! Every night I tell myself that it's just a phase and it won't last much longer. Praying I'm right! xx
Ashastar

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Monday, March 12th 2018, 12:54am

Aww ashastar, I'm so so sorry to read this massive hugs xxx
Natural miracles do happen, it took 13 years for our natural miracle, never give up hope hun.
We are all here to listen, sorry to hear about the smug sister in law we all have encountered 'That' person over the years so definitely know how you're feeling, just be kind to yourself book your holiday take some time out and decide what is best for you all.
I'm totally rubbish at advice, whenever the boys have gone through a waking phase I just let them sleep with me and kick dp out the bed haha!! It usually doesn't last for long then they are back to their own bed, so I just enjoy a few nights with out dp snoring haha!!
Is there any sort of sleep solution experts around your way, Z was by far our worst sleeper when he was a toddler so I contacted this sleep expert through the local children's centre and she gave me a plan of action to help get him to stop waking it only took a few nights but worked a treat, Maybe worth a go if you have one local?

Hope everyone else is well?
Back on a night shift, and have about 2 hours work to do in the next 6 hrs ;) going to be a long night!!!
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Monday, March 12th 2018, 7:13am

Try Allison Scott-Wright Ashstar, she is a brilliant sleep expert, she diagnosed P with silent reflux too, over the phone, after we had been the paediatrician and they didn’t know what it was?! Xx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Tuesday, March 13th 2018, 7:30am

Aw ashstar it’s so tough, especially when people around u seem to get pregnant so easily but know u r not alone
Tiredness is the worst, A can be quite bad at times, I have had a few nights sitting in her bed room floor I really try to keep her in her own bed as if she gets in mine she never leaves, although u do need to do whatever u need to do to get some sleep, and I know lots who co sleep, could try that if u don’t mind it if it means he will sleep longer
xx
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Tuesday, March 13th 2018, 5:15pm

Thanks everyone. I don't know what I'd do without this forum and you ladies to talk to. Fertility issues really do make you feel very isolated as none of my family or friends even know about our struggles.

Cheenab, I'm so glad there are people like you on here who have had natural miracles as it does give me a teeny tiny bit of hope. I just don't want to go through the rest of my life hoping that the next month will be the one though. It's so difficult to make the decision to finally draw a line under it!

The sleep thing still isn't really improving. I think it's just turning into a habit for him as he goes to bed quite happily but a few hours later he wakes up shouting for me. I can settle him back to sleep quite quickly but he wakes again maybe half an hour later and it starts all over again. I can't understand why is he waking so much. He used to sleep 12 hours without making a sound! I'm still bringing him into bed with me as it's just easier although he doesn't even particularly want out of his own bed and is happy to stay in it as long as I'm with him! I honestly can't remember when I last had a full nights sleep.

Dusky, I will google the sleep expert! Anything is worth a try!

Hope everyone is well xx
Ashastar

cheenab

What's Up?

Saturday, March 24th 2018, 12:41am

Hi everyone,

How are you all?

Ashastar hope you are ok xxx

On a night shift again so thought I would pop in!!!
Can't believe my little Teddy is 1 years old on Friday, how quick has this year gone. We are off to Bournemouth the week after his birthday for a little treat, planning to do Peppa pig world and monkey world in those few days xfingers the weather is ok and we don't get anymore snow like it's forecast!!!

It's gone so quiet in here again, hope everyone is doing ok xxx

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Saturday, March 24th 2018, 9:14pm

Time really does fly by Cheenab. Still can't believe my twinnies will be 9 this summer!! Your trip sounds lovely. We are hoping to do Legoland at some point as H gets so excited when he sees the gruffalo in the advert and Alton towers is a must!! We love it.

Ashatar how are you?

I'll catch you all up tomorrow xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Pip

Saturday, March 31st 2018, 8:05am

Happy Easter to everyone hope u have a lovely time with ur families, girls r hyper for all the chocolate
xx

What's Up?

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 12:45pm

Happy Easter to you all :easter5:

My kids have just completed an Easter egg hunt around the house before I headed to work. They are all chocolated up already and nice and hyper for babysitter!!

H hasn't been well last couple of days with bad cough and temp so I ended up kicking my hubby into his bed last night and bringing H in with me to get and get is all some sleep. DH up at 5.30 to go to work so trying to be kind to him but now I'm wrecked!!
He starts his speech therapy next week. He is coming on great with his makaton these days and some more sounds but still just the one word. They have started to assess him to see what extra support he needs and is the start of the assessment process for autism, which is what I want to know. I think I know that something isn't right with him so I'd like to know what it is.

Rest of the gang are great. Girls are loving school and P has got such a personality but she's developing a bit of a temper when she doesn't get her own way immediately. She has been late in standing up but in the last week she's been able to take a few steps when holding my hands but she really unsteady.

Sort of well settled into life in England now. I love our house and village but just worried that there isn't a good secondary school near us. I'm not that impressed with the one near us so considering we may have to move to a different house but with the services that H is now getting I'm reluctant to move from our area so am in a bit of quandary what to do for the best.

How are you doing Ashatar?

And Net, Cheenab, Dusky and everyone else still reading xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 12:37am

Happy Easter everyone. Hope all the little ones had a lovely day with lots of chocolate! R is obsessed with Easter eggs although he mostly likes unwrapping them rather than eating them!

Cheenab, I hope T had a great first birthday. Time really has flown! He is gorgeous and so like F! I love seeing all your photos.

Heather, sounds like there's a good plan in place for H. Glad to hear you have all settled in well in England. How is the job going?

As for me, I'm doing ok. We are trying to get a holiday booked for next month as I feel very much like I need a break. R has been quite hard work lately. He's still up about 3 times every night and nearly always ends up in with me before morning. He's also having so many tantrums at the minute! He is growing so independent and just wants to do everything for himself! Hoping it's a phase but it's exhausting. In a way I don't know how I would have managed with 2 kids but still doesn't make it any easier.

Hope you are all well xx
Ashastar

cheenab

What's Up?

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 12:49am

Happy Easter everyone :)

I've had 3 hyped up little boys today!!
T turned 1 on Friday, and now thinks he's to big for naps haha!! First time he's gone all day without one, he was shattered come bed time, he's such a little character already starting with the little tantrums god help us when he gets a bit older, him and F together I'm going to be grey in no time haha!!
F has been really poorly this week :( doctor thinks scarlet fever we are just awaiting the swab results but he's on antibiotics for 10 days, no longer contagious so we can still go away as planned on Tuesday just hoping the other 2 haven't caught it xfingers
Heather what part of England did you move to?
Ashastar where are you thinking for your hols?

Hi to everyone else xx

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 7:02pm

Hi Cheenab, hope F is better soon. Good news that you will still get away on holiday. My DH wants to go to Disneyland Paris. Not sure whether to go for it or not. It's really expensive and could well be a nightmare with a very tantrumy toddler! Has anyone else been? xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 2:06pm

I haven't been to Disneyland Paris with kids but have been to Florida when L was 15 months and twins were 4 and we all had a ball. I know about tantrums at the mo as P is so head strong it's unbelievable. She just points to what she wants or goes to get it herself and if you tell her no the world ends for her !! I dread to think what she'll be like in her twos, lol !!

Cheenab we moved to a little village in Yorkshire which i really like as have turned into a bit of a hermit recently. Just don't seem to have the time or energy for making new friends but sort of need to build up some kind of friendships outside of work.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Easter xx.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 10:44pm

Hello everyone
Sorry have been reading but no time to post! Lovely to read all your news. Ashastar I’m sorry to hear about R - that’s rough. These kids like to test us huh! I hope things improve and you do get to book that holiday.
Heather - we also need to move for a good secondary school. It’s so annoying as we are surrounded by amazing primary schools and in a total black hole for secondary. Glad H is getting the support he needs. Am sure P will be legging it around the house very soon!
Cheenab - happy birthday to T! Hope F is better now? Scarlet fever is horrid - E had that last year. Did you have a good holiday?
Hello everyone else - how are you all?

Not much to report here. Went away for easter in our caravan but came home a day early as weather was so awful and it was sooooo unbelievably stressful being cooped up in a caravan with both girls ! They drove me nuts lol. Am crazy busy at work - worked 8-10 today and that included a 1.5 hour drive each way in bumper to bumper m25 traffic. Am knackered!! Girls are great. E’s speech is really coming on now. She is showing zero interest in potty training despite bribery, buying her pretty knickers etc. L was almost dry by this age. E is such a character now she makes me laugh so much and is going really well at Nursery. L is doing well - my only stress with her is her diet as she eats like a sparrow. She’s only 1kg more than E!
Off to stay with my old uni housemate this weekend. She has three daughters so should be fun!

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, April 6th 2018, 7:35am

Hi everyone, just popping in, it is so quiet on here now isn’t it.

We went to DL Paris last Christmas (my brother is there now too) with 5 and 8, it was amazing, we did it on a major budget in 2 days which I wouldn’t recommend but we crammed loads in, lots of queuing of course.

Have a lovely weekend with your friend Net, I am off today to stay with my bestie tonight and then old school friends tomorrow and meet a 2 month little girl :) Not looking forward to the 5 hour journey tho.

Love to all xxx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Pip

Tuesday, April 10th 2018, 8:59pm

Hi ladies how is everyone?
The girls are driving me totally mental!
They r so badly behaved with me, but good with other people, taking real tantrums over the smallest things, won’t get shoes on, it’s the wrong cup plate etc. Running away from me getting in and out the car, hitting me and each other, doesn’t matter what I do, ignore it, give them into trouble, naughty step they just keep going.
We r going on holiday on Friday with family and have a flight with them god knows how they will be. They r normally so good just the odd tantrum and more from A but now it’s both and it’s like they r trying to out do each other ;( ;(

What's Up?

Wednesday, April 11th 2018, 11:50am

Oh I feel your pain Pip. Welcome to the world of twins, lol !! My two still fight the bit out or are besties and everywhere in between. It does get better. P has found her temper already and she's only 15 months so we are in for a handful of mischief with her.

Net sorry work is so stressful for you at the mo but hope you had a lovely trip away. About your weight concerns there is only 3 kg weight difference between my twins and L who is 4 years younger than them. She just eats so much better and is going to be taller and heavier than those two skinny minis. Try not to worry as they are all different.

Dusky how was your trip too? How's the tx going?

Ashatar hope you're keeping well.

Life is totally crazy here and I'm v tired as H just isn't sleeping these nights. He's up constantly at 3 and then by 6 he's ready to get up. I'm a bit wrecked and overwhelmed with all the appointments for H and making sure he's getting what he needs assessment wise and also researching schools for K and H that'll met their needs and my DH is v v stressed at work so he's no use support wise so just want to curl up in a ball and wake up in a couple of days when I'll be recharged and back up and at it!! Sorry for the moan xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Wednesday, April 11th 2018, 9:54pm

Moan away hon, things sound very busy with you, and with little sleep and a stressed DH! Hope things ease a little soon.

It was lovely to see everyone but a 10 hour round trip, it was lovely to get back to my girls and my own bed :)

I start DR on Tuesday, going to pick up the drugs tomorrow, can’t wait, petrified too of course.

Lol to everyone xxx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, April 17th 2018, 8:19pm

Hi ladies hope your all well.

Well on the 17th January our little girl joined our family, she turned two last week and has settled in amazingly well.

She is a little on the small side but geezo does that girl know exactly what's going on, very clever and doesn't miss a trick.

So far ds is loving having a sibling (most of the time lol)

Sorry for no personals but will try and pop in more regularly,

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

2 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Pip (17.04.2018), Dusky7 (18.04.2018)

Pip

Tuesday, April 17th 2018, 8:40pm

Aww great news Sasha I have been thinking about u waiting for an update xxx

1 registered user thanked already.

sasha146 (18.04.2018)

Net

Tuesday, April 17th 2018, 10:19pm

Oh wow Sasha that’s amazing!! Congratulations.

Dusky - hope the dr is going ok! Have everything crossed for you

Heather - don’t apologise for moaning! You have so much on your plate I think you are superwoman! I hope H gets his appointments soon and that you get some time to rest at some point. Hugs x

Pip how was your holiday? How are the girls behaving now? It’s a tough age I think.

Ashastar how are you doing?

Cheenab - hope your three are all good

Jasper how are you?

I think that’s everyone?!

Not much going on here. E was ill so we didn’t get to go away at easter - wow she was sooooo grumpy it was unreal. I think more so as she’s normally so happy. L went back to school today. I spent the day painting our garage wall and back of our house. My arms are killing me!! Am enjoying the sunshine I must say. Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

1 registered user thanked already.

sasha146 (18.04.2018)

Pip

Saturday, April 21st 2018, 1:01pm

Hi girls how is everyone? We have had some time off with the girls they r at a difficult stage so it has been hard work, but I’ve found myself getting Brodie again, looking at wee babies, dreaming about being pregnant, I even phoned up to find out process for FET DH doesn’t know that, we have 2 embittered left and I’m finding myself thinking allot about them these days
xx

Saturday, April 21st 2018, 6:31pm

Hi everyone,

Oh pip, I know how you feel! I get so sad when I think about how I'll never hold another wee baby in my arms. Maybe have a chat with your DH and see how he feels about it? R is very hard work at the minute too. He constantly has tantrums. I've actually been beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with him as I feel like no matter where I go he's the only child not cooperating or making a scene! It's probably just a difficult age though and I think he is spoilt with being an only child.

Sasha, lovely to hear from you and massive congratulations. It sounds like she is a lovely wee girl and I'm sure you are just delighted to have her.

Heather, how are things with you now?

Net, hope you're well and not working too hard.

Cheenab, I saw about your wee doggy on Facebook. I hope you are ok. They are part of the family and it's never easy to say goodbye. Big hugs to you.

We are off to Disneyland Paris in 4 weeks. We decided to just go for it so hopefully R behaves himself!! We are also putting our house up for sale and looking for something a bit bigger so it's all go here!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 9:54pm

Congratulations Sasha so delighted for you. Hope it's all going ok.

Net sorry you didn't get away because of illness.

Ashatar glad you're getting away and he'll be having so much fun he'll be too busy for tantrums. I promise he's not the only one that's having bad moods. P is awful. She's turned from the most pleasant adorable child but she has hit the terrible 2 far too early at 15 months. She just throws herself down and squeals. Just as well she's cute. Still no sign of her walking yet but she's like Flash Gordon up the stairs!!

Pip I think that feeling never really goes away of broodiness. Even though it's physically impossible for me to have anymore I still get a pang when I see a pregnant lady. I don't want anymore as we've definitely met our limit, lol !!

How's everyone else? More appts tomorrow. H at hospital for eye tests as there's definitely something wrong with his sight. His speech is finally make small progress. He's back saying mama and has turned into a complete mummy's boy which is breaking my hubby heart. L has her asthma review tomorrow as well.

Love to you all xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP