You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "mrsbrightside89" started this thread

Reg: May 16th 2018

Friday, May 18th 2018, 10:49am

would you recommend RFC or GCRM to move process along?

HIya - I was wondering how many of you decided to go private for your initial appointments? I am really keen to get the process moving and when I phoned RFC about getting a letter for my initial appointment, they said it could be 4 months :( she did say that I can get tests done privately and still be eligible for NHS treatment though and I am considering going down this route.

Have any of you done think? How much money did you spend on appointments and tests to be done privately? was it worth it?

thank you!

Gaz79

Reg: Feb 24th 2018

Sunday, May 27th 2018, 9:36pm

Hi,

We didn't go private but kinda wish we had (at least for those initial appointments)

The Rfc is the NHS route but as you are seeing even they offer private options along the way which you can dip in and out of. At appointment 1 you get bloods done (among other tests) and at appointment 2 you review the results of those.

If we were doing it all again I'd definitely have paid to have had the review appointment more quickly. Reason being is that the results of those tests fully define the nature of the problems you are having and shape further treatment. Ours turned out to be bad news which we frustratingly waited the guts of a year to hear.

Good luck with everything