Sunday, July 15th 2018, 8:24pm

Babydream my lining is like this due to the cysts
Icsi #1- 9/5/11, Chemical
Icsi #2- Bfp 10/11/11, Miscarry 7 weeks
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss
Fet #1- 31/5/13 twins 12/3/14

Reg: Mar 6th 2018

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 9:08pm

O i dont realy know much about cysts so im geussing then that the meds make them grow more do they?

Bbird

Reg: Nov 28th 2017

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 9:16pm

hey guys - I saw somewhere online that said 3 days of bed rest after egg transfer - surely this can't be right! I am off work for the next two weeks so can take it easy, but do I really need to be in bed?

My bloating has come down since egg collection last Wednesday - still some discomfort - will there be pain after egg transfer tomorrow?

Husband was going to take me to hotel for a treat for an overnight stay on Tuesday night - is this a bad idea?

Thanks for help xx

Gracie16

Reg: Mar 13th 2018

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 10:31pm

You don’t need to be on bed rest. I was active and went on walks etc. I was uncomfortable but nothing that merited bed rest. Embryo transfer is quick and painless, there is also no need to be on bed rest following this either. We had a dander round botanic after both of mine followed by a leisurely lunch. Your husband is absolutely right to book a wee night away, go and Enjoy, if possible try to not think about your treatment. You’ve done everything you can do. Good luck for your transfer tomorrow :)

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 10:35pm

Im not sure about the bed rest as walking around and movment helps with blood flow but i do know you need to take it easy for a few days after ec like no heavy lifting orin sharp bending or turning bevause after been swolling and then ec leves empty space you need to be carefull not to twist your overis till it gos back to normal. Egg transfer is just like getting a smear done a lot more simple.good luck with your transfer tomorrow.hope to see a bfp from you soon xx.

Reg: May 18th 2018

Yesterday, 6:42am

All the best today bbird! Thinking about u! My only thoughts (as I have no experience) - you’ll know your body and gentle walking etc should be good for u (physically & mentally) I plan to continue walking - though a lot slower than I currently do lol! Ps my hubby will be glad for that :) xx

Odi

• "Odi" started this thread

Reg: Apr 11th 2018

Yesterday, 7:41am

Oh good luck today. Are you putting 1 or 2 back?
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Yesterday, 8:39am

Bbird after my transfer I went to asda to do my shopping from that day I just continued with normal life, obvs didn't over do myself or lift heavy, they told me in the clinic the day of transfer that there isn't one thing I could do to give myself a better chance that it was up to the embryo weather it was going to stick or not so resting or not resting wont make any difference, so I thought to myself I put my life on hold for long enough due to ivf am getting back to normal, I am now 24 weeks pregnant And still can't believe it lol good luck x

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Yesterday, 10:17am

Daisydo I can't believe you are 24 weeks!!! I'm now in the middle of FET and with every day that goes by I'm getting more and more anxious that wee frostie won't thaw correctly. Time is absolutely flying. I wonder how Lauren is doing with the twins.

Yesterday, 10:41am

I know Annie it has flew by I am actually spending today hanging about waiting for my nursery furniture to be delivered it still always feels to good to he true, am sure they wouldn't of froze the embryo if they didn't think it would thaw misuss do have faith in that, I know things can happen but I really think trying to keep a positive mind is the only way to get through ivf, even tho I did have many of wabbles myself, really hope this is your time missus x

Gracie16

Reg: Mar 13th 2018

Yesterday, 11:38am

Try to not worry Annie, easier said than done!! I was worried sick mine wouldn’t survive and I’m due to deliver next week!! They only freeze what stands a good chance of thawing, that’s what we were told by the dr, embryologist and nursing staff. Think positive!!

Yesterday, 1:21pm

Thanks girls. Truth be told I mostly don't think about it. We are very very relaxed with the treatment this time. I take each day as it comes and we are enjoying life and getting out and about. Every now and then I will think about the thaw process and nearly double in pain as it hits me that we have that to face shortly. I am sure like you say they will only freeze what stands a chance. Nurse kinda scared us as she was very blase at PTC saying unfortunately you only have 1 and that's a 50/50. Honestly we knew that was the case but we could have done without her saying it. We haven't our head in the clouds this time thinking we have it in the bag but a bit of positivity from the nurses would go a long way. I also asked at PTC could we have a screen at transfer should we make it that far and she just point blank said no, she said there is no clinical evidence to suggest it works any better which could be true and I argued that I actually just wanted the experience of seeing it on the screen as this is possibly the last chance we will ever have but no she wasn't having it. I was annoyed at the time but what's the point in sweating the small stuff. When I think of the absolute worry I put myself through for the fresh cycle and what I would have done differently being relaxed is number one on the list.

I bet you guys are so excited, 1 decorating a nursery and 1 of you ready to pop!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Anniebell" (Yesterday, 1:22pm)

Yesterday, 5:10pm

Annie there was no screen at my transfer I remember being angry about that but honestly I don't think it makes a difference they should know exactly where they are putting it and if they need a screen to see then in my head that's means they don't lol do u know when your date is for your embryo tranfer x

Reg: Apr 15th 2014

Yesterday, 6:09pm

Annie bell,

I have had three transfers

transfer 1- no screen- positive result (my two yr old)
Transfer 2 - no screen Positive result (miscarriage)
Transfer 3- screen- negative result

So totally agree with daisydo!

Odi

Yesterday, 8:17pm

Bbird hope you got on ok today and you’re pupo!

Daisy do you have a scan tomorrow?

They didn’t decrease my meds and I’m back for a scan Wednesday!
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss

Yesterday, 8:19pm

No odi am 24 weeks pregnant I done my treatment back in Feb x

Odi

Yesterday, 9:38pm

Is anyone having scans this week? Where is everyone up to with their cycle?
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss

Yesterday, 9:53pm

I have a scan on friday

CQCQ

Ace

Reg: Jul 7th 2017

Yesterday, 10:23pm

I will be having ET on Thursday!!!! Can’t wait!! Daisy that is crazy that you are 24weeks!! Did you find out the sex or not? X

Yesterday, 10:38pm

Good luck CQCQ for thursday.

Yesterday, 11:25pm

Ah I know it probably makes no difference girls. I just wanted to experience the wee flash that people talked about. Anyhow what will be will be. How have you been keeping little orchid?

Odi

Today, 11:19am

Keep smiling are you off you tables now?

Cqcq how many eggs are you hoping to put back?
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

1 member and 1 guests

ashastar

Who we are: ADMINISTRATOR, GLOBAL MODERATOR, MODERATOR, MENTOR, MEMBER, X - Blocked Users

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE