You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Monday, November 12th 2018, 3:49pm

Hi Misty, can I ask how many eggs you got from your previous cycles and what you did differently to get 17 this time? That's a great number! I've had 2 cycles so far and got 4 eggs first time and 5 eggs second time so would like to know how to improve on that x
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
4 eggs - 2 x day3 embryos - :BFN: ;(
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018
5 eggs - 2 x day5 early blasts - :BFN: ;(

• "Misty2017" started this thread

Reg: Jan 24th 2017

Monday, November 12th 2018, 4:59pm

Hi janelle

so sorry on your negative hun x

1st time i was on 150 menopur upped to 225, poor response only 2 follies cycle was cancelled

2nd i was on 225 menopur upped to 300, only 6 eggs 4 mature, but also had a massive cyst on right ovary. These 2 cycles were short protocol.

This time i was on long protocol, buserelin for 2 week, then 300iui meriofert dose stayed the same, stimmed for 11 days. I definitely think it was a mixture of the new drugs and new protocol that helped, i just think menopur didn't work with me. Have you had your follow up appointment yet ? x

Monday, November 12th 2018, 5:09pm

Thanks misty. My first two cycles are very similar to yours.

1st was 150 menopur upped to 225 and stimming for a week longer than planned. 4 eggs, 3 fertilised, 2 put back on day 3.

2nd was 225 bemfola upped to 300 and stimming for 5 days longer than planned. 5 eggs, 5 fertilised, 2 early blasts put back on day 5. No frosties from either cycle.

The long protocol obviously worked much better for you. Did you ask to be changed or did they suggest this for you? What clinic are you with? How long was it from you started down regging until EC?

I haven't had my review appointment yet, it's on 27th November so I want to have an idea of things we can talk about with the Dr at that appointment.

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you xxx
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

Monday, November 12th 2018, 5:16pm

Thanks janelle

My first 2 were NHS and they were bad from start to finish to be honest, this time its private and the doctor suggested we try this protocol because of poor response to the previous ones,
I started downregging on the 16th oct and had EC today so was just under 4 weeks.
I'm from manchester and my clinic is manchester fertility x

Good luck for follow up appointment hun x

Monday, November 12th 2018, 5:23pm

Thanks for answering all my questions! I'll def ask about changingvthd protocol and see if it might make s difference. I'd love to get a good amount of eggs to have a better choice at ET and it would be amazing to get some frosties.
I hope you get good news about fertilisation tomorrow x
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

Cherry3

Reg: Aug 11th 2018

Monday, November 12th 2018, 9:56pm

Lola hopefully the review appointment can throw some light into what happened and next steps then x

Ash I'm on bemfola so I wouldn't know. Good luck for your scan on Wednesday. I have my first one on Thursday so we may have very similar dates :)

Misty wow! That sounds like a lot! Delighted for you specially after reading about your two previous cycles. Hoping for lots of fertilization for you :) keep us posted!

Janelle sorry about your BFN. This journey is so cruel and unfair :(

Pup how did your EC go?

I'm doing good. I'm in countdown mode- each injection gets me a day closer to EC :)

Reg: Jan 23rd 2018

Children: TTC # 1

Monday, November 12th 2018, 10:11pm

Hello All, tried to get on all day yesterday and said site was down. Annoying. Thanks for all your well wishes.
Had 20 eggs extracted today. Feeling very sore and poorly this time. Taking the drugs for OHSS, just hoping it doesn't get worse.
Glad all went well for you misty. Fingers crossed for our calls tomorrow.xx

Ash1984

Reg: Sep 5th 2017

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 7:18am

Thank cherry hope all goes well for you Thursday I think we may cross paths and not even know judging by our dates :thumbsup:
Finger crossed for today pup!!
Janelle so sorry

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 10:18am

11 fertilised. Waiting for call Thursday to say whether the transfer will be on Thursday or Saturday. Trying to decide whether to have one or two transferred. Didn't think we'd be allowed two, but as we had one each on our previous two attempts and neither worked, we can.

Hope everyone else doing ok xx

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 10:49am

hey ladies

pup thats great news hun :)

Not so great news for me out of the 17 eggs 12 were mature but only 2 fertilised, gutted but praying these 2 little embies make it to transfer day, ET is set for thursday at 12.15 but if there doing well then will be saturday, just gotta pray the make it to thursday first xx

Ash1984

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 11:31am

That’s amazing pup I’m sure your over the moon. Go for 2, double the chances : D
Misty I’m sure your a little disappointed however it only takes one and you have 2 :thumbup:
I still don’t have any symptoms from the drugs yet although I do feel some movement where my ovaries are but am convinced it’s just wind lol ?o(

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 12:44pm

Great news, Pup! Personally I would go for two as it gives you a better chance of at least one sticking but you'd have to be prepared twins.
Misty, I'm sorry there wasn't more fertilisation for you. I'm sure you're really disappointed but it does only take one so try to stay positive.
Fingers crossed for both of you x
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 3:09pm

Thanks! Gonna have a chat tonight to decide how many we want transferred (assuming they continue to develop). We'd be happy with one or two babies, but my husband is slightly concerned that we'd end up with triplets or quads!

Misty-crossing fingers for you. Those two may be all you need! Are you having one or two transferred? Xx

Cherry3

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 9:48pm

Good luck tomorrow Ash :) I'm sure we'll cross paths at at some stage!

Misty sorry to hear your fertilization rate wasn't as good... :-( Was this IVF or ICSI? As they always say it only takes one, so fingers crossed till Thursday. :pray: xfingers

As an anecdote my youngest sister had one embryo put in her first IVF and now she has identical twins! It wasn't even a top grade embryo and she had nothing to freeze afterwards- complete shock when they were told heartbeatS at the first ultrasound!!

Pup that is always a tough decision- I think there is no right or wrong. Your husband and you will make the best decision for you two :) I hope I didn't scare you with my sister's story tho! XD

Lots of babydust to everyone!

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 8:58am

Thsnks Cherry! Amazing for your sister to have twins from one! Think I'd rather have two put in but will think a bit more about it. I had a single embryo put in on my first two attempts and neither worked, so I'm assuming It would be very unlikely for me to get pregnant let alone both split into twins!

Hope your scan goes ok tomorrow. When is your E pencilled in for? Xx

Ash1984

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 10:54am

Scan done and dusted apparently things are looking good 4 over 10mm on one side and 7 on the other with lots of smaller ones which she says will grow. Just to ring this afternoon and see what my bloods show :thumbsup:

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 11:32am

Good news Ash! How many days have you been injecting for? X

Ash1984

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 1:11pm

I started menopur last Friday morning and night and then from monday centrotide in the morning menopur At night so not long at all. :thumbup:

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 2:38pm

hey ladies

Great news ash :)

Thanks ladies for all the reply's, i'm feeling better today and just thankful i have 2 embies hopefully growing strong, if the update is good tomorrow i will ask them to transfer 2 but i don't think they will.
Transfer will either be tomorrow or saturday. Got my fingers and toes crossed for the mornings phone call :)

how is everyone else doing ?

Cherry3

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 9:25pm

Thanks Pup, excited for tomorrow. Really sore ovaries all of a sudden so feeling very real now. EC penciled for the 22nd!

I think if I were you I'd go for two too. In an ideal world I'd like my children to come one at a time (I think twins is a really tough gig- specially after seeing my sister's journey) but beggers cant be choosers...This is my first cycle but if I were on my third and I was given the option I think I'd go all in!! If ended up with twins so be it, happy days XD

When is your transfer??

Ash your first scan sounds very promising! Fingers crossed for you all continues well.

Misty I have now my fingers and toes crossed for you :pray:

Hope everyone is doing well xx

Ash1984

Yesterday, 7:21am

I have another scan in the morning following my phone calls to them yesterday afternoon, then another one on Monday my ec is pencilled in for 21st. It’s my first cycle too cherry so the unexpected is the scariest bit.
Hope all goes well for u today cherry you have a scan don’t u?
Hope you have come to a decision pup with regards one or two, twins wouldn’t be that bad

Ash1984

Yesterday, 7:22am

Sorry misty meant to say hope your embies are growing well xxx

Cherry3

Yesterday, 9:55am

Oh Ash we may have been together in the waiting area?? XD

Scan all good 3 in one side 7 in the other. No bloods nor changes in meds/schedule. Next scan Tuesday.

Misty thinking of you this morning. Hope all is good fingers crossed xx

Ash1984

Yesterday, 11:10am

Oh my goodness cherry we are almost identical with follicles too!!!

Yesterday, 6:24pm

Hello, glad your scans have gone well ash and cherry!
How are things misty?
I had call this morning saying 10 were still looking good. I'm shocked, so transfer is on Saturday. My husband has now decided he only wants one as he's still convinced of sodding quads!!! Felt upset today. I've had two single embryos before and no pregnancy, why now am I destined for two sets of identical twins! I know this sounds awful, but would they even let you continue a pregnancy with 4?
He seems to think as fingers crossed we should have some to freeze, that we can keep on trying! Not sure my body or mind can keep bloody trying! Men hey! Xx

Yesterday, 6:37pm

Hey ladies :)

Thanks for the well wishes ladies xx

Glad your scans went well cherry and ash :)

pup great new on the embies, wish you all the best for transfer on sat :)

AFM- had update and there both doing okay, my little fighters, one is at 7 cell and the other is just starting to compact so they have set transfer for saturday, keep growing little embies xx
Last day in work tomorrow for 10 days so looking forward to chilling out x

Cherry3

Yesterday, 8:16pm

That's so wonderful Misty!! I was awaiting your update all day, soooo happy for you :thumbsup: keep growing little fighters!!

Pup wow your embies are going really strong! Have you and your husband googled what are the statistical chances of identical twins? Maybe seeing numbers could clear some fears or give a bit of perspective? It's tough decision either way 8|

Very best of luck to both of you for your transfers on Saturday! Excited for you babydust

Ash one would think I'm trying to copy you or something XD

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE