You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Shoegal

• "Shoegal" started this thread

Reg: Jul 29th 2006

Wednesday, May 9th 2007, 9:56am

How to feed both at same time (esp at night)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I haven't been able to feed both of mine at the same time yet as Gracie still needs a lot of extra care because of her nasal stents. However, she is having them out in two weeks and I'd like to know how you feed both at same time.

Mine are bottle fed so I'm presuming that they can sit in their bouncy chairs/car seats and I can sit in between them to feed both. Is that what you do?

Also, do your hubbies help in the night? Mine has to at the moment otherwise I'd be up all night long. However, he is really struggling to go to work (I am also struggling to get through the day!)

I am finding it all really hard at the moment. We can't even go very far out of the house as Gracie has a huge suction machine that we have to take everywhere with us incase she stops breathing and my twin buggy basket won't hold it.

Feel like I'm climbing the walls...

Shoegal x
Me 30 PCOS and huge hydro, DH 27
Tried 6 months clomid & 1 IUI
June 06 - Had hydro clipped
Aug 06 ICSI - BFP! We are blessed x
Sept 8th - 1st scan showed TWO beautiful heartbeats!

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Wednesday, May 9th 2007, 2:10pm

RE: How to feed both at same time (esp at night)

Awww Shoegal, :hugs:

We both always feed M&D at night together, after all it's hubby's children too not just yours, I appreciate they have to go to work & my DH was getting up at 5.30am to go to work but still every night fed one, you can't do everything on your own with twins! even now if they are ill he sorts them out like I do, it's a sharing job!!

In the day whilst on my own or if mum wasn't around, I feed them in my bedroom in morning with propped up v shaped cushions, then downstairs in bouncer chairs, DH taught M&D at a very young age to hold their bottles, starting at 4-5 months & they have held them ever since, just a tip. They can do it! so much easier if you teach them to hold their own bottles. Car seats are ok too. Once they sit up it will be easier, if I was out with my mum they would have their bottles in pushchair.

I really hope Gracie is on the mend, do you have any help during the day? they must be some dinky

xx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (May 9th 2007, 2:12pm)

mags

Reg: Sep 26th 2006

Thursday, May 10th 2007, 10:09pm

Hey Shoegal!

I know exactly what you mean - Cameron has huge suction machine too - its just a nightmare! I cant feed them both at the same time as Cameron needs so much attention its just impossible, I have propped her up with cushions and muslin to keep the bottle in place but when she needs winding everything has to stop and that disrupts Cameron and it takes him so long to get his rythym going its a waste of time! I try to feed her 1st as thats easiest then he can take as long as he likes. My 2 dont have night feeds anymore so Dh doesnt need to help much and he's working during the day so its just us!! He does get up with us at half 6 for their 1st feed though but thats about it. Hope you get on ok.

1st attempt at ICSI :BFP:bab11 bab10

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE