Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Thursday, August 30th 2007, 12:18pm

good lad

(& good you for being patient ;) )

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Thursday, August 30th 2007, 12:35pm

I don't think Andy and I have laughed so much since these 2 were born .... the shuffling and juggling trying to swap babies for burping after feeding is hilarious :laugh: .... and when they're both screaming at the same time for food and I'm chasing a baby round the room with my nips out, trying deperately to get it to stop sucking it's mitten and try the boob instead :rolleyes: .... when Andy's sat on the floor trying to change a babygro that is now covered in poo that is the same colour and consistency as pesto .... all you can do is laugh ;)

I remember being so stressed when T was born, and feeling out of control .... this time round I seem to have accepted the fact that i'm never going to be in control, and that makes it easier somehow ;)

• "cazzmo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Thursday, August 30th 2007, 5:32pm

Kirsty
Sounds like us hunni - determined not to get stressed about it all. Alex is a proper little man - farts at every oppurtunity!!
So pleased it's all going well for you though - I can't imagine having 2 of them to cope with..

New question from me please re feeding....
Alex has started comfort feeding I think. I feed, nappy change ( generally cos he falls asleep...or poos ) then feed other side. Theres no set times, it depends when he's full. He'll go to sleep but if I wake him when I put him on my shoulder to wind him I get the side to side head moving and general temper crying... the only thing that soothes him is more breast... and sometimes he'll go to sleep in minutes. DH has to take him from me as otherwise any movement and we get the head shaking and temper again.

I think it's cos he associates me with food and can smell the milk?? He'll take a dummy but we try not to overuse it. Can anyone suggest anything? It's not a huge issue but I'd rather not be pinned to the settee for hours being used as a dummy. The weird thing is if he's away from me he forgets he's still ' hungry'.

I'm prepared for him having growth spurts but he really doesn't feed at all when he's back on the breast. ( I'm also wondering where the little tinker gets his temper from.... :eyebrows: )

It doesn't bode well for when Dh is back in work.

Does anyone elses little ones do this?

Caz xx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

Friday, August 31st 2007, 2:36am

it'll pass - he's so little still it's not something to be too concerned about

he might also genuinely be hungry, particularly if he is only snacking

#2 was feeding almost every hour for the first couple of weeks.

try a feed, then when he falls asleep burp him, then try putting him back to boob again after 5-10 minutes

Friday, August 31st 2007, 11:11am

hi hunni
Am doing all that, feed, wind etc. It's weird as if he forgets he's hungry is someone else takes him after he's fallen asleep. Am sure he thinks that's mammy wheres the boob!!

Caz xx

Friday, August 31st 2007, 11:38am

yup well #2 already associates a nappy change with being fed afterwards :rolleyes:

all I can offer is: feed hin if thgap between feeds is more than an hour as he may well be hungry or going thru a growing spurt, otherwise try & hold him off

soz 4 short reply - 1 hand typing

Saturday, September 1st 2007, 10:31am

thanks hunni
where would I be without you? MIL popped over yesterday and thinks I should be putting him off to try and get him to feed every 2 hours. I'll try and get some schedule to it. Think I just have a hungry baby bless him

Caz xx

Saturday, September 1st 2007, 12:44pm

yeah me too

my nips are soooooore today as he has been feeding every 2 hours since 6am :rolleyes:

Saturday, September 1st 2007, 2:17pm

OO yes when he first goes on I wince but after that it's fine. I really need to be upping the nipple cream in between feeds to safeguard myself.

Caz xx

Saturday, September 1st 2007, 2:52pm

what breast pads are you using by the way?

I find the paper like ones (like Avent or Mothercare brands) actually make my nipples sorer than the ones that are a bit like sanitary towels in the way they are made (Pigeon brand).

Saturday, September 1st 2007, 3:51pm

I've bought the tommee tippe ones. Like a pad but more paper than anything
They're ok but if they more comfy they'd be better.

Sun - think Alex has started to use my boob as a soother to go to sleep. I was called down to feed him ( dh has him downstairs ) and he fed for a minute then fell asleep with my boob in his mouth, tried winding, moving and he screamed and did all his hungry signs then fell asleep straight away. It's taken me 3 attempts to remove my boob - he's now sleeping in his basket.
Is that normal?

Caz xx

Sunday, September 2nd 2007, 5:09am

3 attempts?

do you stick your little finger in his gob to break the latch? if you're trying to pull away that will REALLY hurt your nips! :8o:

my DH also thinks "crying=feeding" and suggests feeding... but sometimes it's windiness or tiredness, upright patting and ssshhhh-ing can sometimes help settle a baby. DS#2 often needs winding for 10+ minutes after a feed :rolleyes:

for pads - if you cant get hold of pigeon brand then give the avent washable fabric ones a try. I got two free ones and they were great but couldnt get hold of anymore over here so I went with the disposable ones.

Sunday, September 2nd 2007, 10:35am

Sun
Want me to try and get hold of the Avent ones for you? I'm sure I can cope with a Mothercare visit :]

it doesn't hurt removing my boobs cos the little tinkers asleep. He likes to sleep with my boob in his mouth. We figured if he's using me as a dummy we may as well give him one and he's had that in between feeds and guess what... he goes longer.
Think we might have cracked it in a roundabout way, although I do think we're swapping one issue for another ( dummy ) but it's early days.

Caz xxx

Friday, September 7th 2007, 6:46am

sorry hun - thought I'd replied by now :rolleyes: prat that I am :rolleyes:

anyway - thanks fo rthe kind offer, but I barely need to use pads nowadays as my milk production has settled down

dont worry about dummies - DS#1 had one until he was 4 months old and then he found his fists and sucked those instead

biggest worry about dummies is if you use those instead of feeding, which sounds like you're not so should not be a problem

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE