You are not logged in.

Unread posts

ponygirl

• "ponygirl" started this thread

Reg: Mar 30th 2006

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 2:06pm

Statutory Holiday

Hi everyone

I'm looking for some advice if anybody has had problems with their employers regarding statutory holiday rights during additional maternity leave. I'm returning to work part-time in Janauary after 6 months Ordinary maternity and then 6 months additional. I requested my holiday accruement for the past year and work has provided me with days up to the end of my Ordinary maternity leave but nothing for my additional. I checked with ACAS and with berr.gov.uk website and both clearly say that you are entitled to statutory holiday whilst on additional leave, so I emailed work back with my queries and have now been told there looking into it.

i have had problems with them from the start and had to take them to appeal to get my part time hours ( there a very old gentlemen style property company i:e women shouldn't be in the workplace). So i can imagine their doing their best to get out of providing me with my days.

Do's anybody have any other advice or help for me, i've cut and pasted so much saying i am entitled to these days but now i feel like i'm going slightly mad trying to justify it.... :scream:

Big thanks

M
Me 34 Dh 39
DH suffers from Bilateral Absence of Vas Deferens
1st treatment of ICSI April 2006
Amazing BFP
Beautiful little girl born 22nd December 2006

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Friday, November 30th 2007, 10:48pm

I went back to work in May this year - after having just over a year off. My holidays did accrue while I was on ordinary maternity leaving but not when I had my 6 months extended maternity leave

Elaine
x
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Reg: Jul 5th 2006

Saturday, December 1st 2007, 8:52am

Hi M

you are right, you are entitled to accrue statuatory holiday in AML, which is 20 days a year. ACAS should be able to give you enough info to take to your employers - they have to get up to speed with these things!!

Take care

Rosie
x
me 32 PCOS, DH 39 all good
trying for 3.5 years, 12 months clomid, 1 m/c April 05, Fresh IVF March 06 BFN, FET Oct 06 BFP - Twins!! Littlebits born 29.05.07 and 30.05.07 :]

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Saturday, December 1st 2007, 8:11pm

I definitely didn't accrue in the last 6 months :cross: - is there anything I can do about it now - or is it too late ?( ?(
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

ponygirl

• "ponygirl" started this thread

Reg: Mar 30th 2006

Wednesday, January 9th 2008, 1:13pm

Hi

Right well mine got sorted in the end thank god, they ended up owing me 21 days holiday !!!!!
due to the changes in the statutiry holiday and my contracted holiday.

You are covered by the working time regulations so you must def chase it up.

By law they must pay you your normal accrued holiday for the 1st 6 months of your maternity and then if you take the 6 months additional you are then entitled to accrue statutory holiday.

If anyone needs any advice www.acas.co.uk is a good site or www.businesslink.co.uk or www.berr.co.uk...

Hope you all get sorted.

Melissa
Me 34 Dh 39
DH suffers from Bilateral Absence of Vas Deferens
1st treatment of ICSI April 2006
Amazing BFP
Beautiful little girl born 22nd December 2006

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Wednesday, January 9th 2008, 2:54pm

I accrued all mine including bank hols xmas etc and they all got paid to me at the start of the new tax year as it would have been impossible for me to take them all (i only work 2 days now) it was a lovley amount which helped bump up my mat pay.

You are defo entitled to accrue annual leave in fact nothing must differ when you off, you should even be sent any job vacancies arising whilst your off.
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE