You are not logged in.

Unread posts

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "lulu27" started this thread

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 5:42pm

Suction plates???

Hi guys my 2 little-bits are getting on really well with feeding themselves and now can independantly use a fork and feed themselves. I'm putting chunks of the food directly onto the highchair tray and they pick it up and eat so proud of them. Does anyone know of any suction plates on the market. Had the stay put bowls and cutlery but didn't find them that good plus the bowl is small and want them to have a plate now. S&R are now able to hold their pot of yoghurt in one hand and spoon feed it to themselves with not much mess, they've started doing this in the last few days is it late for them to be doing this or are we on track?? xx

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 6:13pm

I had some mats that suctioned to the highchair and then you put the plate onto that which stops it sliding around? Is this what you mean??? xx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 6:24pm

Hi Lulu, they are doing well being able to spoon feed themselves at 13 months, they are right on track and it shows they have excellent hand eye coordination if they arent making much mess. I have seen plates somewhere (possibly Boots) I didnt use them I just went straight to normal baby plates.

lulu27

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 6:40pm

Diddle- I have the tomme tippee gripper mats that can suction another tommee tippee product to the highchair tray but they have worked out that you just pick at the mat bit and lift it up!! I wondered if there was anything like a whole plate that suctions with the brute force of a sucker fish!!!

I could just get normal plastic plates I suppose, but how do you stop them picking the whole thing up and chucking it?? or is that just another learning curve for them?? Thanks Jojo am pleased that they are doing what they should be, I dare not try a bigger pot than a fromage frais one as I have a feeling that i'b be picking fruitpura off the ceiling!!! xx

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 8:14pm

Quoted

Originally posted by lulu27
but how do you stop them picking the whole thing up and chucking it??

In our house by taking it away and saying NO. If she does it again, then no tea. I am putting my foot down because I'm sick of picking her food up off the floor!

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 9:19pm

We has had suction plate/bowl from babies r us i think, but TBH ther suction on it was pants. t was able to lift it up really easily so kind of defeated the object.
We had lots and lots of throwing on the floor, and yep, llike Mrs J- we said NO, many, many, many times..........eventually he got the message.

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 9:23pm

Yeah she had no lunch today. I get so stressed with it and feel a bit guilty but she is thriving so she's not malnourished!!! And also if she is properly hungry, she eats!

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 9:29pm

Absolutey. T had no tea yesterday after looking at his cheese and potato pie and shouting- "Don't Like it"....hence no tea. Got to be cruel to be kind I say!

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 9:35pm

RE: Suction plates???

Hi Lulu,

What about these?

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stor…-1__42337_10001

I did use the TT gripper mats but didn't find them they great, when mine were in highchairs I would just hold there bowls, although they would take my hands off them!! so independant!!

x_
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 9:38pm

Quoted

Originally posted by JoJo
Hi Lulu, they are doing well being able to spoon feed themselves at 13 months, they are right on track and it shows they have excellent hand eye coordination if they arent making much mess. I have seen plates somewhere (possibly Boots) I didnt use them I just went straight to normal baby plates.

It's just so sweet when they feed themselves, mine were 14 months when they could hold a yogurt pot in one hand & spoon in the other, It's like, awww mummy can't feed you both now!!

x
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

lulu27

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 10:09pm

Thats eactly what I said lisa, I was recording it on camera for daddy to see when he gets back and I said to them right wahts mummy going to do now!!!!, Cheers for the link, the mat looks similar to what I have to may just see if any old plate will stick to it and use Mrs J and Rose's techniques of NO. The dog is going to love it he already gets fed allsorts by them, they drop food down the side to him and it usually falls on his back so he is walking around trying to shake it off, the worst thing to pick up is half eaten Bananna and guess what...?? the dog wont touch that, typical!!! xx

JoJo

Ace

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 10:38pm

lol you know I sometimes feel like as parents we are guilt tripped into buying little gadgets for our kids. When we were kids they werent around and we are here to tell the tale! Ok so mums probably had more grey hair and more lines but ....... Err im not making a very good argument here am I?

Thing is, with the introduction of 'super nanny' styled parenting, the way in which we teach our children is different too. The amount of times when i was a kid that ive had a smacked bum for being naughty or even hearing my mum going on about how she cant believe that believe that E slept through from being a few weeks old. Its how we react to a sitation which will determine how our babies will behave.

Persevearance (sp?)is the key, you may be driven crazy for the first few days but you will see benefits much quicker.

lulu27

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 10:44pm

I'm the worst one for it I convince myself I need the latest gadgety thing and I always end up not using them and going back to good old fashioned ways!!!! You'd think i'd learn!!! Back to basics for me from now on, I wonder how many times I say NO in a day???!!! lol xxx

JoJo

Ace

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 10:53pm

well im up to about 200 so double that and you will be somewhere near! E is just at the stage where she loves opening doors and making a run for it! so my house is..... "No Ella, Ella nono, Ella mummy said no, Ella no, nnnnnnnnnnooooooo, Is your name Ella or have you changed it and not told me?" I may start with the star charts soon, because she knows what no means cos she stops where she is, looks at me and then carries on doing what she was doing before :rolleyes: I have a very strong willed little girl.

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 12:24am

Jo my two are exactly the same they just will not listen!!! Its so hard sometimes. I have thought about the star chart but not sure they would understand?? xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

JoJo

Ace

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 9:26am

I dont think they understand the normal ones but i was thinking about doing quite a simple one. E certainly understands when she is getting praise so I think its worth a chance

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE