You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "shelly b" started this thread

Reg: Oct 20th 2005

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 8:25pm

No fruit!

Aaron is pretty good at eating savoury food,will eat most veg,meat and fish.He wont eat fruit though :rolleyes:Have tried blending it and putting it in his cereal,yoghurts etc.But hes now got wise to this and refuses breakfast if he can taste it in there!
Anyone got any ideas of how I can at least get a little fruit into him?!

Me 41,dh 38.
First Ivf 2004 BFP,M/C at 9 weeks.
Second Ivf BFN.
Third Ivf no eggs fertalised.
Moved onto donor egg treatment in Spain.
Second cycle BFP!

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 8:27pm

RE: No fruit!

I sit just citrusy stuff he doesn't like Shell?

Does he like banana's?

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 8:47pm

The questions that spring to my mind are:
1) Did you eat much fruit while you were PG? Babies get a taste of what you eat when you are PG and so develop a liking for things that you eat a lot of. If you had a particular liking for a specific fruit while PG offer that to him - for me it was strawberries, raspberries and blackberries all of which C now loves!

2) Do you eat fruit now in front of him? I have found that C is more willing to try something if I am eating it and offer him a bite than if I just try to feed it to him when I am not eating of it.

EAt lots of fruit yourself to set an example. Have fruit out on display where he can see it and may be temted to have a play with a piece - he may even take a little bite out of it.

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Binky

Star

Reg: Aug 27th 2006

Children: 1 beautiful Little Girl with help from clomid.

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 9:05pm

I would try what rene has said, and also try him with apple/banana pear as finger food, Libby used to love, being given a ripe soft pear whole and munching on it that way.

Rene Libby is the same she likes what ever I like, but not what her dad likes, like I hate fish and she won't touch it and dh loves it, he hates veg I love it and so does Libby, strange really!

• "shelly b" started this thread

Reg: Oct 20th 2005

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 9:11pm

He will put the likes of grapes,melon and strawberries in his mouth,suck it for a minute,then spits it out!Will only lick a banana sometimes,will never take a bite!
When I was pregnant I ate at least 2/3 pieces of fruit a day,usually bananas and grapes etc and I always eat fruit in front of him,offer it etc and leave it around for him,he just wont eat it! :rolleyes:

Me 41,dh 38.
First Ivf 2004 BFP,M/C at 9 weeks.
Second Ivf BFN.
Third Ivf no eggs fertalised.
Moved onto donor egg treatment in Spain.
Second cycle BFP!

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Reg: Feb 11th 2007

Children: My children are wonderful!

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 9:15pm

What about raw veg instead? My ds loved (and still does) salady things like peppers, carrots, lettuce, etc.

Me 39, DH 40 Children, Lucy and DS (7)
Lucy lost in car accident 8th April 2002
TTC 6 years - ICSI x 4 - :BFN: x 4

Spider's Diary

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 9:19pm

What about Fruit Puras shell will he eat them??

I didnt/dont eat fruit But J loves it will eat any. M hates to touch it wont entertain it and launches it off his tray now can i persuade him if its mixed in yogurt. BUT he will eat it mixed with fruit pura :D :D
Someties they have fruit pura mixed with porridge for breaki sneak a bit xtra in :innocent:
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 10:00pm

What about dried fruit Shelly? Raisins, apricots etc... Whatch out for dried bananas though, they sometimes hav ehoney on them which he can't have just yet. But TBH, if he's getting plenty of veg I wouldn't worry too much.

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Friday, February 29th 2008, 6:28am

This could also just be a phase!

Sometimes Z won't touch banana for a couple of weeks, then he goes on a banana frenzie with banana as the sole food!
The same goes with avocado, broccoli, peas and all other foods...

I just let him get on with it. As soon as I try to give him something that he doesn't want I get afraid of upsetting the balance. They understand quite quickly that there is power in rejecting food.

What I do if I do try to give him something that is not the flavour of the month is that I eat it, I give it to DH and then pass it onto DS.

Also, whole pealed apple (or as big as DS can grab) or whole banana (great fun to hold) is good to get their interest!

DS refuses to eat his porrige if my mum puts grated apple in it but he still loves the whole product :)

I agree with MrsJ that he seems to get enough veg for you not to worry!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, February 29th 2008, 7:56am

To be honest, if Aaron is eating plenty of veg I wouldn't worry too much about him having a daily quota, what about if at pudding time you put a pieces of sliced fruit (ie banana, apple) on his high chair while you give him his yoghurt as finger food. Help yourself to it while he's having his yoghurt and if he watches you eating it tell him how nice it is but don't offer him any, I reckon if he thinks he can't have any eventually he will start helping himself :happy:

When you mix it in his food does he spit it out or just refuse it? If the above doesn't work then I would start of by mixing the tiniest amount, so you can barely taste it, gradually building up to a stronger flavour

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE