You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "melanie" started this thread

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Thursday, March 6th 2008, 4:31pm

crying twins

hi girls & boys

just wondered how you cope and what you do when the girls are crying at the same time and all the usual checks have been done? also one of my girls is more demanding than the other and feel mean that i cannot give her as much attention as her sister
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Thursday, March 6th 2008, 5:07pm

Hi Melanie
My twins are now nearly 3 but I remember it being very hard so I feel for you. I also had one more demanding twin and felt I used to give him more attention too as he had reflux, but sometimes I had to just try and ignore him and let him scream but that was hard work and made me very emotional too!!!!!!!

Sometimes I think they just cry and you dont know whats up! Just try cuddling em if they're not hungry, wet, tired etc! Or taking them for a walk in the pram used to help me or even for a drive in the car as it would often send them to sleep and give me much needed peace for a minute!

Hope this helps hon but dont worry about not being able to give them both 100% attention as theres two of them - they will get used to it I promise
Love Beth xx

First ICSI 2005 worked! Mum of twins

FET March 08 - BFN

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Thursday, March 6th 2008, 5:39pm

Matt ( boy ) very placid - Tara (girl ) loves cuddles , hates being put down -

We waited until 3 to 4 months to get a bit stricter with T - Generally because we thought her world was about to end, then we pick her up and she smiles and giggles !

Singing the iggle piggle song ( Night garden ) worked a treat !

only thing is I have started singing it at work >>>>>

K
DAD to twins

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Thursday, March 6th 2008, 7:46pm

Me too one clings wants so sit in knee all the time other quite independent.

If you pic up every time you will possibly end up with one twin always on your hip.
I find Distraction works best, singing, laying on baby mat ith legs by side so when they wiggl they nudge the side and the toys above there heads move.

If you can stand it, theres nothing wron with a bit of crying x x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Reg: Jul 5th 2006

Thursday, March 6th 2008, 8:49pm

yep, echo all that has been said...I still walk the streets on a regular basis as it does keep them quiet immediately! T was Mr demanding, but now they have switched, so don't feel guilty about giving one more attention as it will balance out in time. Lots of singing and silly voices and in a few weeks they will be big enough to start holding toys and being propped up to play a bit.

Sometimes though, they will just cry and on those days I want to kiss the person who invented the dummy!!

Rosie
xx
me 32 PCOS, DH 39 all good
trying for 3.5 years, 12 months clomid, 1 m/c April 05, Fresh IVF March 06 BFN, FET Oct 06 BFP - Twins!! Littlebits born 29.05.07 and 30.05.07 :]

• "melanie" started this thread

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Thursday, March 6th 2008, 9:26pm

Thanks hints and tips everyone!
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

Reg: Oct 17th 2006

Thursday, March 6th 2008, 9:30pm

I give my younger one a little more attention too. Simply because he seems to need it. My daughter seems more independant. I plan to take them for a walk in the pram if they ever start crying too much. As it is, I do let one or the other cry every now and then.

xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
Left ovary removed and Lap 2 years later showed adhesions.
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
2nd IVF APR 07 - :BFP:
TWINS!!!

Reg: Nov 14th 2006

Children: Twins boy and girl

Friday, March 7th 2008, 8:12pm

Hi

I find that mine swop over and take itin turns... They have got better in the last few weeks in as much as they dont cry as much...At the beginning my little girl cried all the time, the only time she did not cry was when she was asleep or feeding, otherwise she would be crying which was so stressful and hurtful because even cuddling her would not stop her... Thankfully she does'nt cry like that anymore but even now she is not one for cuddles, whereas her bro is...

Do they have a dummy??? I stopped giving mine dummies, but this last week i have relented and gien them back to themin the day only...Anything for a quiet life ha ha

Like Anu i also let mine cry it out, it is hard though

Lizzy
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Saturday, March 8th 2008, 1:59pm

distraction, singing, going out in the car/pram, all good, at 2 months mine were still wee enough for me to dance around the room with one in each arm which often did the trick, but they're a bit big for that now! Failing that shutting the door and hiding in the back garden for 5 mins worked for me if not for them! When they were little C was more demanding than E but now neither are particularly clingy (this week :smile: ) so you may find they even out in time. Otherwise I used to lavish attention on the less neady one when the other one was asleep or when DH was around to try and balance out the mummy time.

xxx
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE