Chilli

Megastar

• "Chilli" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, April 1st 2008, 8:59pm

Alcohol

Can you? should you?

I have to admit to not being much of a drinker since before I had DD1 so I have never had reason to even think about this, but I am planning a night out and would like to have a few glasses. I will be expressing before hand so i am covered till into the next day to be on the safe side. How long before I can feed? ?(

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Tuesday, April 1st 2008, 9:11pm

RE: Alcohol

Quoted

Originally posted by Chilli
Can you? should you?

I have to admit to not being much of a drinker since before I had DD1 so I have never had reason to even think about this, but I am planning a night out and would like to have a few glasses. I will be expressing before hand so i am covered till into the next day to be on the safe side. How long before I can feed? ?(

Don't know about timings but if your boobs get uncomfortable and its too soon to feed, you can express and throw it away. Just be careful, if its ages since you last had a drink 'a few glasses' could well see you puking and falling over, very elegant!

My step dads current wife (complicated family!) tells a tale of breastfeeding her daughter and drinking whisky all day on New Years Eve when the baby wasonly a week old. She says her and the baby slept for the whole of the following 24 hours and she felt great! Said baby is now 40 years old and perfectly healthy. Of course I wouldn't advise this, but its an amusing tale!

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Tuesday, April 1st 2008, 9:15pm

I'm having a G&T as we speak. I've had one a week since Pud was born and did the same with Plum - no ill effects whatsoever to report.

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 1st 2008, 9:23pm

I have had the odd glass of vino and she has been ok just read conflicting reports, some say it takes 2 hours for 1 unit to come out of your system ect I think i will have a 2 or 3 and then drink loads of water express in the morning throw that away, she sleeps from 11pm till 6ish so no inbetween feeds. I will no doubt express enough to feed a small army :smile:

Those old stories eh? :D my mum always has a story she drives me mad!

Reg: Oct 17th 2006

Tuesday, April 1st 2008, 9:24pm

My HV said to wait 2 hours before feeding. But she's been known to be wrong about things.

xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
Left ovary removed and Lap 2 years later showed adhesions.
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
2nd IVF APR 07 - :BFP:
TWINS!!!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 1st 2008, 10:02pm

It was widely believed that milk in your breasts would be tainted by alcohol until it was drained. Now research says that it's like blood in that the alcohol filters out of it, so an undrained breast would 'sober up' in time. However, it would probably be quite uncomfortable so you can either 'pump and dump' or wait until 'you' are sober and then breastfeed.

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 1st 2008, 10:17pm

"pump and dump" lmao is that BF street talk? lmao

I will certainly have extremley large breasts on my night out *must remember pads* :D

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 1st 2008, 10:57pm

Yes... I'm down with it.

8)

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 12:42pm

I was really really really careful with PP....only drank alcohol after I fed so that I would leave the maximum gap before the next feed

With JJ I have to admit to drinking a glass of wine whilst feeding him over Christmas (was with out-laws....) :snigger:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE