You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "moogie" started this thread

Reg: Jun 15th 2007

Children: Soon I hope

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 6:57pm

Returning to work after IVF

Hi ladies, i'm having ET tomorrow and just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were on returning to work.

I work freelance so am in no real rush to get back but the phone is ringing and I have lots of new work coming in. I don't want to turn it all down but at the same time I don't want to return back too soon.

Had EC yesterday and am feeling fine apart from slight tightness and twinges. I have had no bleeding or pain and no need to take painkillers. *touches wood*
Any advice?

Me: 39 DH: 36
TTC #1 since Feb 2004
AMH level 7.7
Endo & Fibroid removed Sept 09

Reg: Feb 20th 2008

Children: No Children

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 7:03pm

Hi,

I had most pain from my ec and was fine after et! I would have gone back to work the day after (if only to keep my mind busy) but cudnt as i had it done on Good Friday, so the day after was the weekend!

I think mentally, it is easier to cope with if u are at work and once the embies have been put back, there is very little u can do to change the outcome, it is purely down to nature!

The way I look at it, you should do what u feel is best for you personally, as everyone is different!

Good Luck for tomorrow,

Dx
1st IVF Feb 08
:BFP: 4th April 2008

bab22

SarahV

Superstar

• "SarahV" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 3rd 2008

Children: One on the way, yippee

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 7:06pm

RE: Returning to work after IVF

Moogie, I can't help as not at that stage yet, but being nosey and wanted to wish you the best of luck!

Reg: Aug 3rd 2007

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 7:21pm

It's all down to how you are feeling but if you don't have a physical job and you don't feel any pain then I would go back Monday.

Goodluck xxx
Lizzy

:xxx3:

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 7:23pm

Hi not at that stage yet but I'm taking 3 weeks off.

At least for me I can never look back and blame work if it doesn't work.

Gonna spend time with DH and week of E/T do nothing and 2nd week have some day trips and visit in-laws.

Its all down to personal preference and down to individuals.

Good luck hun.

Gemma

:xxx3:

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Reg: Feb 16th 2008

Children: TTC child no 1 hoping for BFP 08

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 7:23pm

:wave: Moggie,

Im sorry I can't offer any advice as I have not started TX yet but just wanted to say :goodluck: I really hope you get that :BFP: very soon and Im sending you loads of babydust babydust babydust

Take care blowkiss

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 8:04pm

Thanks for all your lovely replies and wishes of good luck.

I think i'll see how i feel on saturday and try to have a light week next week to begin with.
Just want to give those little embies the best chance of nestling in!

Thanks for replying blowkiss

TTC #1 since Feb 2004
AMH level 7.7

Reg: Oct 26th 2007

Children: One very beautiful daughter!

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 8:06pm

Hi Moogie!

I was in too much pain to do much of anything for about four days after EC. I found it difficult to walk too much so I relaxed as much as I could. I had my EC last Tuesday, ET on Friday and went back to work Monday which was fine.

Everyone is different, but it might be worth taking it just a bit easier so you don't over exert yourself!

xx

ICSI March 2008 BFP, then early m/c, Natural BFP May 2008, m/c at 6 weeks
Natural :BFP: 08/08/08!!!

Reg: Sep 21st 2007

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 8:56pm

I was very bloated following EC and felt discomfort after ET (had a lot of follicles removed) but I just had the weekend off after the Friday ET. I went back to work on the MOnday and it did help keep my mind occupied but as you can see from my ticker, things went alright.

Good luck
Lisa
Me 36 DH 28
TTC since 2003
Unexplained infertility 2006
Clomid
- BFP Feb 2006 m/c
- BFP Nov 2006 m/c
- BFP Feb 2007 ectopic loss of right tube
-1st cycle IVF Oct 07 - :BFP:

Reg: Oct 2nd 2007

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 9:57pm

Hey

I was just SO BORED I really wanted to go straight back to work but allowed 2 complete days after ET then just did mornings for the week, so could rest up. As has been said, didnt wanna have any regrets.

Have a PT job and freelance too so know what you mean, is typical the work floods in when you daren't risk it, but is worth the wait.

Good luck

c
xxx
Cathie

Proud mum to Eric after 3 years TCC!!!

kim

Ace

Reg: Feb 6th 2008

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 10:01pm

Hi Moogie
I'm having my E/C hopefully on Monday and I'm going to have 3 weeks off ,but its really up to you and how you feel.
Take care

April 08 - :BFN
August 08 - :BFN
January 09 - :BFN

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Friday, April 4th 2008, 10:52am

Hiya,

I think I'm with GemmaB on this one, I am having ET later today but am planning on taking the 2WW off as I don't want to look back and say 'if only I'd chilled more'. However, I do think it all depends on you and your job. My job is quite stressful, I manage 35 people and drive a min of 200 miles a day, I also sometimes get called at night too so for me its a must to be off but if you have an easier worklife balance and want to take your mind off things I'd say leave it a min of 3 days after ET and you should be fine. I say 3 days as my acupunturist who is worth his weight in gold, has told me to rest as much as poss for 3 days following ET to keep the womb at at constant temperature with minimal trauma for the embryo's to snuggle in nice and firm!!

Good luck you

Tracey

xx

Friday, April 4th 2008, 11:14am

Thanks for all the advice. I did go for a wonder around town the day of ET and felt i shouldn't of but am feeling fine in myself. I did however keep a slow pace and my heart rate didn't go up. Totally resting today and tomorrow. The doc did say to rest up but not sedatory. I could do things but not to the extreme.
Problem is i have a new job to possibly start next week which is quite physical and on the go so am going to have to explain that i can only do a few hours next week.

Tracey, good luck with your ET today. What time will it be?
Kim good luck to you for Monday.

TTC #1 since Feb 2004
AMH level 7.7

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Friday, April 4th 2008, 11:26am

Hi Moogie,
I haven't taken any time off. My EC was on a saturday and I couldn't have worked sunday anyway because of pain, did go to work on Monday but shouldn't have and did a short day (because of pain). ET was tuesday, went to work, went to ET, came back to work. My job isn't stressful, I might as well sit on my bum all day whilst not using up my holiday. It would be nice to have time off, but I don't want to use up my hols. If this attempt doesn't work, I want to do the next one ASAP, so that comes into it aswell, as I am trying my hardest not to revolve my life around tx (bl**dy hard that is, it's in my thoughts 24/7). I was also told I can live my normal life (except saunas and hot baths which I don't do anyway), as long as it doesn't hurt.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

Friday, April 4th 2008, 11:32am

Hi Claire
No i've no pain what so ever even after EC. They never mentioned saunas or hot baths which is strange. They did say no horse riding or skiing or any thing extreme so i took it to mean just carry on as normal.
I am going to take it easy cos if it doesn't work i don't want to say if only....

TTC #1 since Feb 2004
AMH level 7.7

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Friday, April 4th 2008, 12:35pm

Hi Moogie,
You're so lucky not to have had any pain. Maybe it's partly down to the skill of the person doing the procedure! It was an unpleasant surprise for me. They showed me on the ultrasound this spare fluid that had sunk down and must have been squishing everything else. I'm pretty much back to normal today but I'm going to at least avoid aerobics, as you never know. (Haven't been for weeks!).
Good luck with the new job next week, and take it easy.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

Soooz

Star

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: 2 sons - Natural shock 99 & ICSI miracle 04

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 2:06pm

Hi. With my last ICSI treatment I took four weeks off as I wasn't gonna even dare to risk anything. I was really cautious the whole time, barely moving about or anything ! This time I think I will also do the same as the ICSI worked last time and I was glad I took it so easy. I was 4 weeks pregnant when I went back work which is still early days in the great scheme of things and I would have much preferred to stay off until 12 weeks and just relax and enjoy the feeling of early pregnancy, rather than with morning sickness and pressure and work and my other child.

I think it's nicer to treat yourself with kid gloves than make ureself feel like you should be doing what other pregnant women do... especially if they haven't been through fertility treatment. Your pregnancy is different and your body is different. Play it by ear.

oh and congratulations - "here's to morning sickness"...!!! happydance
:flowerbasket:

Proud mum to two sons - natural unexpected in 1999 :8o: and ICSI in 2004 : D

We must let go of the life we had planned;
to have the life waiting for us

Sparkles

Reg: Apr 6th 2008

Tuesday, April 8th 2008, 1:32am

Hi, am a newbie and am having first cycle of IVF soon but was wondering about the whole time off work thing. I work with autistic kids and they can be a bit aggressive at times so was thinking it would be best to take the time off. Do you think I could get signed off work? Can't take any holiday as have to have that during school holidays. But work would be fine if I got signed off.

Good luck to everyone. :xxx:
:xxx:SPARKLES:xxx:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Soooz

Star

Tuesday, April 8th 2008, 10:54am

Hi. I got signed off work for four weeks - 1 week by the hospital and the rest by my GP. I'm just a secretary and it's not physically demanding but it is stressful. Gp's are more accommodating to fertility patients, I find.

Good luck with treatment.

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 18th 2008

Children: 1 son from our first ICSI treatment in 2008.

Tuesday, April 8th 2008, 10:58am

:smile: Oh similar question to my thread.

How do you go about getting signed off? do you just ask?

2nd ICSI Nov 2010. :BFP:

1 previous successful IVF with ICSI (taken to blasto stage)
Resulting in my gorgeous son born 04.01.09

Setting out on a second IVF journey - Diary

Soooz

Star

Tuesday, April 8th 2008, 11:11am

Yeah... when I left the hospital they gave me one automaticlaly for a week, but after a week I still didn't feel ready - emotionally - to return to work so visited a female GP and she gave me the further time off. I think I was maybe lucky with her but I think it should be our right. After all we work so hard to get where we are we need some down time and time to deal with the outcome. Plus I didn't want to be sitting in my office dreading every time I stood up, walked anywhere or reached high for a file !! I know people say that if it's in it stays but I was determined to do that little bit extra in terms of resting and praying :angel2:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Soooz" (Apr 8th 2008, 11:16am)

Tuesday, April 8th 2008, 11:24am

Quite pleased work has not replied with a start date so still relaxing. I'm only just starting to get back into the housework thing!!! Dh wanted me to crack on with the decorating of the kitchen and said 'other women are busy working etc when they're pregnant'. :what: I quickly put him in his place by saying that most women haven't been trying for 4 years and just had IVF!! Yeh, reply to that!! lol

Sparkles, i used to work with kids with learning and behavoural problems. It is VERY stressful so i'd recommend you take as much time as is possible.

TTC #1 since Feb 2004
AMH level 7.7

Sparkles

Reg: Apr 6th 2008

Tuesday, April 8th 2008, 5:51pm

Thanks Guys

Think I will probably try and get signed off when the time comes, GP is quite accomodating so shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again everyone. :cheers:
:xxx:SPARKLES:xxx:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE