Unread posts

compley

Megastar

• "compley" started this thread

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 6:18pm

Thankyou!

Well, for for several reasons, we have been switching H from breast to bottle feeding, for the past week and a half, and our last day with bfing was Saturday ;(

He dropped the day feeds himself, (refused to take milk in the day!) and was only having 2 feeds per day (so lots of calcium going in through solids!), first thing and at bed.
He then started pushing the bottle away, if we tried to offer a bottle (as were doing mixed feeding from 5 months, if I was going out etc), and he has taken a bottle since 6 weeks,(EBM), and then from 5 months EBM or formula. So we were worried about the bottle refusal, and we weren't getting anywhere, tried a cup, different teats etc....so we decided to try introducing the morning feed as a regular bottle feed, and after a couple of days, he was taking the bottle well.

I was going to keep the bedtime bf, for another month or 2, but don't know if it was because I was only doing one feed, but my milk seemed low, and H became very fractious feeding, so that, as well as a few other reasons, led us to deciding, that for us, it was the right time to make the switch to ff.

It has been an emotional and strange few days, feeling up and down about it, and had a few tears.....feels very strange that after almost 7 months, this special and unique experience, between me and H, has come to an end.
When I got pg, I knew I wanted to bf, but didn't know how I would get on with it. After having H, I had an idea of 9-10 months in my head, so am a bit short of what I hoped for, but like I say, think it was the right time for us.

Breastfeeding H certainly has been a time/experience I will cherish. There were lows, as well as highs, and difficult times, and times where it felt very much a 'labour of love'....but overall, such a wonderful time in my life, and I feel lucky I was able to have breastfed H, and had this experience, and will be able to look back on this special time in our lives.

So, I just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone who has helped/supported me, offered me encouragement and advice over the past 6 and half months. You realy helped me, and helped keep me bfing through some difficult times, where had I not had your support, I may have given up earlier, and well though I feel emotional and sad, I feel this is the right decision for us now, but if I hadn't had the support from here, I may have given up earlier when I wasn't really ready.

If we are lucky enough to have another baby, in the future, I know that I will very much want to bf again.

Sorry, waffling here!!!!....getting all emotional again!!

So from me and H thankyou for everything blowkiss

<

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "compley" (May 14th 2008, 6:20pm)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 6:46pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

You've done SO well. I know there have been some really hard times along the way and I know you struggled but you pushed on and really gave it your all.

It's a difficult decision to stop but when you have a baby that 'self weans' from the breast then it's the right time. As much as it was wonderful breastfeeding, the sense of liberation when the end comes is sometimes very welcome. Fancy bras, full nights of sleep, your breasts becoming your own again, no wet patches and letting someone else take responsibility.... all positive sides to ending breastfeeding :)

Well done!!! x x x

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 9:26pm

*sniff* You did all the hard work chick, H is a beautiful he is a lucky boy to have such a lovely mummy blowkiss x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Lcli

Star

Reg: Apr 13th 2012

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 9:31pm

Awww Laura.. that is so sweet. :smile:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE