You are not logged in.

Unread posts

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "cookie" started this thread

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 1:12pm

milk problems

well, H has been fine on aptamil till about 6-7 weeks ago but now when i give her a bottle she shakes her head and feruses it. think at the most she is having 6oz per day. i dont really know what to do. should i try swapping her formula? she loves food and will eat anything she can lay her hands on but hates her milk. :sadface: any ideas ladies? ?(

k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

cookie

Superstar

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 2:00pm

bumperty bump

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 2:41pm

Ride it out, sorry hun but thats the best I can do, Lolly went through the same thing and I'm sure now looking back it was plain and simple boredom with the milk and wanting to try new things. Keep offering it though, just perhaps make up smaller amounts so its not going to waste, and make sure she is getting her calcium(as I know you will anyway!) from cereals, sauces made up with milk, cheese etc :happy: Also do you think you could try H with a beaker? Maybe a novelty for her if it was in something different :happy:

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

cookie

Superstar

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 2:43pm

i am giving her porridge made with milk, yoghurts and she loves cheese.....she was brilliant at using her beaker at 4 months but now she just uses it to make squeeky noises on her gums lol! ill keep trying!!! thanks missy

love kxxx

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 3:13pm

pmsl, aren't those squeak noises great? They go right through me!! If H's getting a good source of calcium elsewhere, then try not to worry about her vit intake elsewhere, if she was hungry/ thirsty and she needed it she would have it, but she really sounds like Lauren was and she's just gone off it.

Is it her tutty pegs do you think hun? If she's chomping on the spout maybe they are bothering her a little? Do you give her a bottle before breakfast? Is her tea too close to bottle before bedtime? ?(

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

cookie

Superstar

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 3:36pm

i try her bottle first thing in the morning, at about 7, she has max' 2oz then shakes her head and scrunches her face up in disgust, then she has her porridge at 8, try her bottle again at 10.30 then sleep from 11 till 12, try her with milk then she has lunch at 1...plays until 3.30 then has a nap til 4.30. try with milk again has tea at about 5.30, bath at 7, bottle at 7.15, bed at 7.30.

but she will have a max of 1-2 oz each time i try her....she honestly just hates it, really dont know what to do. my dh said to try her on cows milk but it is just too early for that. dunno....its a mystery!

she is teething a bit aswell which cant be helping but it isnt bad enough to stop her drinking her milk.

forgot to mention, she has between 7-9oz of milk thru the night as she is a knockternal tinker.....mmmmmm it isnt that bad then when i put it like that. :rolleyes: :D

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 3:43pm

Theres your problem! Try and reduce the night feeds slowly? Say an ounce at a time, or if you are feeling brave just offer water. I reckon she will take more in the day then :happy:

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

cookie

Superstar

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 4:01pm

i only give her milk in the night to stop her crying, she has an ounce ish everytime she wakes, so it can range from 7oz(on a normal night) to 10oz (on a very bad night) :tired:
do you think giving water instead might work???

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cookie" (Aug 13th 2008, 4:02pm)

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 4:56pm

If she is only taking 1oz hun, I will be bold and say she isn't waking with hunger, she is waking and wanting comfort. 7 times is a hell of alot of times to be getting up, making a bottle up and then settling her back off. I honestly think if you sort one problem it may well resolve the other. I would definately offer water at first, H will probably refuse it anyway and this is when you have to be brave and stick with water or nothing. I promise you, H will not starve, she may be hungry at breakfast (which is of course what you want!) and the first week will be a nightmare as she will resist the change, but you will all feel better for a good nights sleep.

Now remember to tell me exactly the same thing when Bean arrives!!! :D

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 8:00pm

Hiya mate ... Sorry, I missed this :innocent:

Agree with everything Missy says ...

Only one other thing ... Could it have anything to do with the temperature of her milk? B will only drink it when it's borderline 'too hot' :rolleyes: Means we have to re-heat half way through

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 8:17pm

:snigger:
#1 son refuses milk unless it is ice cold
#2 son refuses milk unless it is hand warm
:8o:

I'd start either refusing bottles at night or trying to wean onto water at night

cookie

Superstar

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 3:07pm

hello lovely ladies! :D

i went to bed last night at 7.30 and was up and down with H 8 times but because i went soooooooo early i feel fantastic! this might be an option every night if she doesnt start sleeping thru soon lol!

well, she doesnt like her milk warm at all, she likes it just room temp so thats ok. i will try tonight with water ....ill be brave :snigger: she gets so cross if she doesnt have milk when she wakes, stroppy little madam but i love her so much. :D

im not sure if its because she gets uncomfy and doesnt want to turn over on her own, or if she just wants to make sure im still there. i dont think she is hungry :no:

she has had 2oz for bfast and 3oz just walking around town.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE