You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

soph01

• "soph01" started this thread

Reg: Sep 18th 2008

Monday, October 6th 2008, 3:23pm

Special Birthdays

When I was a child my parents would make a big deal of my birthday. For each of our birthdays both my mother and father would take a day off work and spend a whole day with the family. Even if it were a school day, they would let us all be excused from school and we would spend a whole day doing things together. I think this is the best bonding idea and it really made me feel special on my birthday. I wish to continue the family tradition.

What do you do as a family on birthdays?

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Monday, October 6th 2008, 4:00pm

at the moment bugger all because they are too young.

when the eldest turns 3 in February we may do something special (although I will have to cook him a egg & dairy free cake to take to playschool!)

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, October 6th 2008, 4:03pm

we have a party! :D

i think that family and friends should come together to celebrate the person who's birthday it is.....it isnt just about getting older, it is about rejoycing and celebrating their life so far.....i love birthdays :]

got H's on the 1st, and dh's on the 20th of november.....PARTY PARTY!!! :party:

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Monday, October 6th 2008, 4:06pm

I feel sad on birthdays to be honest, and so does DH. We dont celebrate ours because we both feel like it is another year older and another year passed :bawl:

cookie

Superstar

Monday, October 6th 2008, 4:12pm

if i sat down and thought about getting older id probably poop myself.....but i try very hard to live for the moment and be happy.....im a lucky lucky lady! ive got a wonderful dh and my beautiful little nutters, sorry .....childrenlurve :innocent: :snigger:

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, October 6th 2008, 8:37pm

My birthday always fell at the end of the school six week holidays and so I never had parties, never got to see my friends on my birthday and always got stuck at home with my Mum and Dad and boring oldies. humph

My daughter's birthday has fallen on a schoolday for the past few years and she absolutely LOVES it!!! :smile: She wears all her badges and generally spends the whole day getting special treatment from her friends and teachers. At the weekend she has her official party... double whammy :D

I'm not sure I would ever keep her off school just for a birthday. For a start she'd miss a day of learning and it 'could' be something important or interesting... and school finishes at 3.30pm so plenty of time to have a family meal and see the relatives. Not sure keeping a child off school is a 'best bonding idea'.... plenty of other ways and days to bond.

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Monday, October 6th 2008, 8:45pm

I remember being so excited on my way to school every birthday! Particulary as my birthday is Hallow'een and I had a fancy dress party every year, to which the entire class was alwasy invited, so all anyone talked about pretty much for the whole week was my party - brilliant! :D

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, October 6th 2008, 8:48pm

Rub it in why don't you!!!

So while I was sat at home, bored, with the fogeys...... you were the talk of the town :riv2:

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Monday, October 6th 2008, 8:49pm

:snigger: sozzaz!

cookie

Superstar

Tuesday, October 7th 2008, 9:51am

i always send spud to school, with a bag full of sweets for his class mates and his badges on too! he loves it.....his last birthday was on a monday, he had a house party for his out of school friends on saturday, a dizzikids party on sunday and a meal with us on monday! i love it! i love to make them feel special.....even dh gets the same sort of treatment :snigger:

riv, i would have LOVED to have a halloween party every year....but like you bells my bday is september the 1st....so i always had bu*ger all :rolleyes:

soph01

Tuesday, October 7th 2008, 5:03pm

i guess you are right. Since i was never at school, I really missed out on the special treatment. Although, i got the special treatment from friends when I went to school as I got older. Wow..after I read all of your feedback now I really think i missed out! :bawl:

cookie

Superstar

Wednesday, October 8th 2008, 1:19pm

dont be daft hun, you had special quality time with your parents! that sounds like a brilliant birthday to me :happy:

soph01

Wednesday, October 8th 2008, 4:05pm

Well thank you for that, you are right, I should look at the positive things that came out of the situation. :snigger:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "soph01" (Oct 8th 2008, 4:17pm)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE