You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Glitzy" started this thread

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 9:24pm

care days

Just wondering if anyone else gets care days at their work? I get 3 a year being part time - i used one once when my cm let me down as her son was sick and i had no other child care for M - that was about 8 months ago. This week M has been really poorly and I just felt i could not leave him on monday as he was so clingy and whimpering and it broke my heart. I asked work for emergency leave (not a care day)but i found my boss really funny with me so i had to go in. Just wondered where the ground lies with this if you feel you cant leave your child as they are too unwell?

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 10:30pm

I get three carers days a year too. My holiday year starts in October and i've just used all mine up when Isla had chickenpox. If she's ill again i'm just going to have to phone in sick as i really cant afford the time off unpaid x
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes.
Lap and dye August 05 unblocked both tubes. :D Hurrah!!!! :D
Natural BFP 05/06/06

My beautiful baby girl was born 2 weeks early on 3rd February 2007

After many up's and down's we're back and ttc naturally in 2013!

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 7:59am

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rose" (Nov 20th 2008, 8:00am)

Rose

Star

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 7:59am

I think we're entitled to them too but I'm not sure how many. I also think we have to use all our annual leave days up first :rolleyes:

Rose

Star

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 8:01am

ooh not sure what i've done there.....

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 2:39pm

We are allowed 2 a year. Think we can also use our annual leave, or even take unpaid leave.

My boss is really good, and said if needed, we could always work other things, out, e.g., me working another day/making the hours up. I know though, this isn't possible for many people, just down to a combination that nursing shifts can be more flexible, and that dh is home on one of the days I don't work, so we have this possibility.
Dh's work are quite flexible,and think if worse came to worse, he could take the odd day off too.

I'm really sorry Glitzy, that you felt pressured to go in, when M wasn't well, that really wasn't fair of your work, to put you in that position.
do you think it was because you asked for emergency leave, rather than a care day, or just that they weren't being very flexible/understanding?

xxx

<

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 7:47pm

Not sure my lot have such a thing as a care day, it's managers discretion re special leave, which I'd ask for if A was unwell. If not it'd be leave or sick for me

So unfair H, to be pressurised into going in and leaving him, that's really not on :cross:

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE