You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

elmo

Ace

• "elmo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, October 15th 2008, 12:02pm

will i have to pay it back....?

i am really undecided about going back to work once ml is over as i think i may be worse off after forking out for childcare, petrol etc.

if i decide not to will i have to pay back my maternity leave?
is it wrong to carry on receiving it knowing i have no intention of going back? will my employer be out of pocket or is it the government that pay it?
Proud mom of the most beautiful twin girlies!!
2 angels in heaven, never forgotten

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, October 15th 2008, 12:16pm

If you recieve above the statutory maternity package (90% for 6 weeks then £117 per week for upto 39 weeks) then you have to pay back the difference hun, and no its not wrong, it is your entitlement whether you intend to go back or not. The statutory package is paid by your employer and re-imbursed by the government :smile:

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

elmo

Ace

Wednesday, October 15th 2008, 1:46pm

so if i told my employer now that i don't intend to go back, would they stop my MP?

or do i just keep quiet till nearer the time?

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Wednesday, October 15th 2008, 2:28pm

Contractual (company) maternity pay
Your employer might have their own maternity pay scheme. Check your contract of employment or staff handbook, or ask your employer's HR department. Some company schemes require you to pay back some money if you don't come back to work. However, you must be paid at least as much as SMP (if you qualify), which doesn't have to be repaid.

Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP)

More about Statutory Maternity Pay If you have the right to receive SMP, you'll get it even if you decide to leave your job (or are made redundant) before you start receiving SMP. Also once you start getting it, your employer must continue to pay SMP to you even if you leave your job or are made redundant. You don't have to repay it if you decide not to go back to work or leave your job whilst getting SMP.

There may be a clause that you can keep your mat pay if you return for a short term your HR dept should be able to advise you on exact dates. That could also be returning part time from full time. :smile:
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

nickate

• "nickate" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 13th 2008

Wednesday, October 15th 2008, 2:37pm

ACAS at http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1341 will help you out with all your enquiries. They are a government site with advisors to help you with your enquiries and very good.

Kate x
Katex jilly bab13

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, October 15th 2008, 2:38pm

Lots of links in this thread hun

MATERNITY LEAVE/PAY/BENEFITS

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

elmo

Ace

Wednesday, October 15th 2008, 3:09pm

thank you all!!

will have a read :)

Wednesday, October 15th 2008, 8:25pm

Hi - just wanted to say I felt like you when DD was born. I saved the m/l pay and put it in an ISA account. I was pretty sure I wouldn't go back so that way it was there if I needed to repay it and it also gave us a chance to see if we could cope without my pay.

In the end I did go back, my employers were miles more understanding than I thought they would be. I would really advise against making a decision now - you never know how you will feel in a few months time or what your circumstances will be.

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, October 29th 2008, 10:08pm

Elmo

I have decided not to go back for the same reasons, childcare costs etc and I didnt have to pay any mat pay back. I am supposed to be returning on November 2nd but have decided to be a stay at home mum.

I handed my notice in 2 weeks ago as I had to give a months notice and I will recieve my last lot of M/L this month. It will be hard but tbh it is not worth my while returning to work and I know I couldnt leave the girls. Its going to be hard with only DH bringing the income in as we are not entitled to any Tax credits or anything but we'll just have to manage.

Good luck with your decision x
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

Reg: Dec 6th 2006

Children: 1 little boy

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 7:30pm

i was wondering this question as well as i cant see me going back to work in may when i am due back, just thinking about it now makes me want to cry.

xxx

TTC#1 4y
:BFP: 04/09 M/C

Lap 06 endo + scar tissue
Lap 08/07 laser of endo + adhesions

:BFP: 12/07 baby7Lucas born 11/09/08
Now TTC#2 since aug 09(please dont mention on fb)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE