You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sumayyah

• "sumayyah" started this thread

Reg: Jan 17th 2009

Children: ruqayyah born in 2005 at 25 weeks

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 1:55am

TTC after a prem

my daughter was born at 25 weeks and spent 10 months in hospital and im worried about the same thing happening again ( no known reason for her prem birth )
im currently TTC and wondering if anyone had a prem then a full termer? not sure how i would cope with another prem. visiting a nicu with a disabled child might not be so easy

mum to ruqayyah concieved on clomid born at 25 weeks

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 9:05am

Morning Claire, I can see by the time that you posted this that it is really preying on your mind. My first daughter was born pre-term (36 weeks) rather than premature so the situation doesn't compare at ll, however if you are interested, our second daughter went to just shy of 38 weeks.

I don't have any wise words to give you from personal experience but just wanted to wish you a warm welcome to the site and reassure that this is a great place to get advice and support.

x

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 1:20pm

My ds was born at 30 weeks, and this often preys on my mind too. We haven't formally starting ttc, but do worry about the reasons you've mentioned.
I know the cause for my sons prematurity was an abruption, and I know that theres about a 50% chance of it recurrring, so I'm cautious.
However as you've said, there is no known reason for your early birth, and there are many women who do deliver early, and then go on and have a full term birth next time.
Try speaking to BLISS ( http://www.bliss.org.uk/) they have a message board, and advice line if you feel that may help. We found them really useful after my ds was born.
Good luck
x

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 2:48pm

Claire, personally, if you have the time, I would wait until your daughter is at least 2.5yrs old before trying again.

With two healthy boys (2nd was prem) it is hard work with only 18 months between them. JJ (the 2nd) does have health issues. If the first also had health issues I would find it overwhelming. It is only now as my 1st (PP) approaches 3yrs old that life is getting easier.

If your first does have health issues or is disabled you will know how to cope by the time she is 2-3 yrs old. Then I would suggest is a better time to think about whether you guys can cope with a new baby.

sumayyah

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 4:03pm

my wee girls approaching 4 now so thier is quite a gap. my partner does worry about how i would manage a newborn with my daughters care ( she has cerebral palsy, chronic lung disease/asthma, reflux, heart problems and autism ) i think now that her care isnt as intense as the first 2 years that coping with 2 children would be no problem and i dont want ruqayyah to be an only child

its the whole nicu situation that worrys me as i would want to be on the unit with baby if that happened but no one else knows how to work R'S machines. hmmmm maybe i should start training others in her care, maybe that would ease the worrys?

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 4:06pm

Hi Clare,

Just wanted to add that my sil had her first born at 30 weeks and then went on to have a second baby full term.

Her reason for having a preemie to start off with was also unknown.

Good luck xx

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Jodie

Megastar

• "Jodie" celebrates his birthday today

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 6:44pm

Hi Claire! I recognise your name from the Bliss forum, although I haven't been on there for a while! Hope you and your DD are doing ok.

My DD1 was born at 32 weeks, due to PE, and my DD2 was born at 37 weeks exactly!

Good luck.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

sumayyah

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 8:42pm

hi jodie, sorry not sure who you are, but yes i occasionally post on bliss :)

ruqayyahs same as allways, chesty, cheeky and the normal fights for therapy

glad you got near as to term :)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE