You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "cookie" started this thread

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 7:13pm

H has turned into a fuss pot, with a very good over arm throw

i cant get her to eat anything any more! well it has been at least a month.

tonight i have given her milti coloured pasta, carrots, peas and broccoli, and grilled chicken.

she had about 3 pieces of chicken and the rest she THEW about 6ft across the room! when i say 'ah, ah!....no throw' she smiles grabs another hand full and chucks it even further!

help! she was a baby-led-weaning babe and she ate everything from 6 months old, never had any worries at all she would just eat it. dont know what to do...in the end she had milk instead, any ideas on how to stop her throwing?

caz, i know i told you to just amke more and A would eat a desent portion in the end, but i tried that with H and she just throws the lot :8o:

she is so fiesty....newshy she scares me a bit :innocent:

love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 8:01pm

Hmmm..... it's a difficult one, you know I had this problem with A and you know what I hadn't realised he'd grown out of it. :O He hardly throws at all now. Is she in a high chair hun? The turning point with us was when A went into a booster seat at the table with his own new plate, knife fork and spoon. Lots of praise with how big a boy he was etc and he's been great since. We did the BLW too and he's great with veggies etc, jhas a proper appetite, but think the food in front of him was too tempting to throw on his high chair tray. Try the chair hunni. They're £9 I think from Argos and fix to a normal dining chair - he sits in the middle of us so we've got more control if he was going to pick his plate up, so we can take it off him.

Good luck chicks - I hated the throwing phase and try as you can not to react, it's difficult. xxx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

Rufus

Star

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: One son, aged 8, daughter 1

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 8:44pm

Mmm - I guess handcuffs out of the question then?! :D

What about ignoring it and pretending it doesn't bother you? They do love the reactions. I know sometimes I find bad behaviour hard to do that with...

Hoping things improve and it is just a very short term thing! Lol xxx
Keep smiling :happy:

cookie

Superstar

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 10:17am

thanks so much for your replies ladies :hugs:

caz, she does sit at the table with us in her princess booster seat 88) but i havent given her a plate, knife fork etc yet as she tends to throw the lot on the floor as soon as she can get hold of it. i have got a little silver princess set of cutlery that someone gave her for her christening, i think we could try that.

this morning i gave her a slice of toast and left her to it, i was in the room but i was on here so had my back to her and she only threw 2 pieces mmmmmm

do you think im fueling the fire by reacting?

she has also learned how to get into her changing box (very clever) but omg have you tried getting sudocreme out of a carpet? :bawl:

it isnt like she has no attention tho, im with H and spud AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL day every day....spud is attention seeking atm too.

love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 11:23am

Hmm I'd say diefinatly the reaction helps them to do it. A would pick up a handful of say pasta, do his cheeky mischief face and throw it when he knew we were watching. Try the cutlery hun, A loves feeding himself, he takes ages then resorts to picking bits up with his hands anyway but no throwing.

xx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

Rufus

Star

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: One son, aged 8, daughter 1

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 8:15pm

Not sudocrem, but clinique lipstick! How raging was i?! Hoping she gets fed up soon xx
Keep smiling :happy:

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 8:30pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rufus
Not sudocrem, but clinique lipstick! How raging was i?! Hoping she gets fed up soon xx

Mine got hold of a bottle of my elemis face mask, foundation and a roll on deodorant the other day :rolleyes:

Cookie all i can suggest is keep trying, maybe take her in the kitchen with you and let her help choose what she wants to eat?? xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

cookie

Superstar

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 8:39pm

thanks again ladies, where would i be without you all?:hugs:

things have been better today....messier but better... i let her feed herself! she loved it! we had stew and i have never seen a child more caked in something in my whole life, it was even behind her ears (!) but she loved it.

still havent stopped her getting into her changing box, its a johnsons one....any ideas?

she also threw fish food everywhere today too....youd think i never watched her but she is sooooo fast! i turn around for 2 mins and she is eating some fluff/ climbing on the coffee table/ sucking on tinsel/ scratching spud.... she is so gorgeous tho :snigger:

thanks again, :hugs:

k xxx

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 8:42pm

LOL!! Sounds like my two!! My only trick was to put everything waaaay up high :D
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

cookie

Superstar

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 8:45pm

thats a thought....only thing is when im changing her nappy i never think to fetch it before ive whipped off her nappy and i darent leave her incase she crawls off (at warp speed) & wee's or poo's on the floor :snigger:

she is such a tinker. :D

one2b

Star

Reg: Oct 30th 2006

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 9:12pm

we have a little wicker box in the living room for changing G, just has2 nappies and a pack of wipes and can honestly say he never bothers with it and now points when he's dirtied his nappy!

maybe letting her choose her own food is a good idea.

re the sudocrem thing, G had my foundation yesterday smearing it up the mirror in our room and would only give it back when i started to play with his beloved Thomas!!! they are monsters when they start getting into things arent they.... :innocent:

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 4:43pm

We have a big Vaseline patch on our bedroom carpet from when Harri got his hands on it!

Harri has been really fussy for about the last 6 months or so which is a real pain as he too was a fantastic eater as a baby.(his big bro, Mason, still is thank goodness!). I b/fed him until he was 14 months and was so careful about giving lots of good healthy meals but its a bit frustrating watching all that hard work go down the pan!
I really do think the most of it is for attention but not sure how exactly to get around it myself....have tried all the usual stuff. Harri throws his food too but not across the room, just down onto the floor which makes meal times messy! Had to tell Daddy off the other day as he threw a scrunched up napkin across the table at Harri .....great example he is!!!!
Do hope you have some success...then you can pass on any advice :happy:
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mayo" (Jan 8th 2009, 4:49pm)

Rivka

• "Rivka" is 39 years old today

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 9:17pm

Quoted

Originally posted by cookie

do you think im fueling the fire by reacting?

Absolutely 100% yes, yes, yes! I honestly think the only thing to do when they start this little caper is to ignore the little blighters. They may not eat a thing for the next two years but more likely they'll eat one proper meal a week, have two mouthfuls at every other meal, make your hair fall out with worry - but at least they won't think they are the boss of mealtimes.

Hey, but thats just my opinion ;)

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Friday, January 9th 2009, 1:36pm

Hello newshy

My change bag lives in the hall now madam has learnt how to undo zips (vaseline in the carpet is another fun one to get out!)

We get the odd throwing frenzy (not that often yet thankfully!) I think ignoring it is the way to go. The times when I say 'No you mustn't do that' are generally met with a bigger handful of food grabbed and lobbed with even greater conviction than before. Coubled of course with that smug defiant look! bless them lurve
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

cookie

Superstar

Friday, January 9th 2009, 2:00pm

:snigger: it is lovely to hear im not the only one!

riv, ill bare that in mind. i have started to ignore her more tbh...and she does still throw her food but it is now acompanied by an ear drum splitting shrill sream :D

i will get there eventually.

i have noticed also, she eats better when it is just myself and her in the room, she is alot worse when dh and spud are there (to egg her on! :D)

k xxx

• "Flowertot" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 10:29am

Ella likes to put some food in her mouth then 'spew' it all out, then somestimes puts it back in again! Then when she's had enough she likes to feed the dog with it!

Kids eh!
Jen

Ella Louise Born Tuesday 12 September at 11.48pm weighing 6lb 14oz

Mum to a 2 year old little princess born after 2 rounds of IUI.

(Previously ZooKeeper/Twinkle Fairy/Fairy Girl/)

Reg: May 28th 2009

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 9:20pm

Hi all, hope you don't mind me bringing an old topic to life.

I have a really fussy toddler all of a sudden. She used to eat anything and everything, and then it changed to only spag bol and only food covered in a tomato based sauce. I resorted into covering food in ketchup but she now just picks the ketchup off and wont eat what's underneath!

I ignore bad behaviour (throwing food) but it really annoys me when she refusing to even try something because she doesn't like the look of it!

This is just a phase right and will pass? She is not at the age yet when I can reason, cajole or threat. So I have to wait until it passes, right?

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE