You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "celtchicky33" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Sunday, May 31st 2009, 9:06pm

follow-up after stillbirth

hi i have my follow-up on the 29th june. was left for a while to get all the results back. its only a 20minute appt, done via the phone, as we werent travelling 4.5hrs for only 20mins, (even if i did plan some shoppin :P ). does anyone know what kinda things i should ask? obviously my main concern is about 1 or 2 embyros to transfer. im edgin towards 1 as i couldnt go through this awful time again, although we dont know whats infront of us if i ever am so lucky to get pregnant again. it just seems such a short time to discuss things. mind you i guess i would have discussed most things with my obstetrician like PM results etc

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Sunday, May 31st 2009, 9:36pm

Hey Andrea

Dont have any advice for you just wanted to wish you luck for phone apt, I hope you come away from it feeling a little better.
Are they discussing this cycle and future cycles? Or just this one

• "celtchicky33" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Sunday, May 31st 2009, 9:42pm

hi i honestly have no idea. i presume it would be both, as they have asked that all my results are forwarded to them so that they have all the info infront of them. its so tricky, part of me so much wants to have the best chance in conceivin again, however a huge part of me couldnt cope with twins and the worry it would bring. to close for comfort i would think. i know theres no point in thinkin about it until i know the results but my mind is workin overtime :bawl:

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Sunday, May 31st 2009, 9:50pm

I can imagine :sadface:

I can imagine the worry of twins again and I totally understand wanting the best possible chance of it working but both stuck last time so sounds like you have a good chance with just 1.

I really hope they have answers for you, I cant imagine how hard this has all been and it must make you worry all the more for future cycles, once your ready of course.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, June 1st 2009, 6:01pm

Hi Andrea,

the fact the you got pregnant the first time does increase your chances for next time. It means IVf works for you and your body knows what to do.

I think discussing single embryo tranfer is something you want to think about. I can understand that you are worried about having twins again. On the other hand your miscarriage might not be related to the twin pregnancy so maybe ask for your consultant's opinion.

Hope your results come in soon.
blowkiss

Soooz

Star

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: 2 sons - Natural shock 99 & ICSI miracle 04

Monday, June 1st 2009, 6:09pm

Hi celtchicky. I agree with the girls = the fact that u've already achieved a pregnancy should increase your chances to get pregnant again. As to whether u go for one or two, don't put too much pressure on yourself to make a decision now, u may change ure mind many times before u have to decide.

I wish you all the luck in the world hun. No one should have to suffer ure pain. May this cycle bring u true happiness

:xxx3:
:flowerbasket:

Proud mum to two sons - natural unexpected in 1999 :8o: and ICSI in 2004 : D

We must let go of the life we had planned;
to have the life waiting for us

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE