You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Monday, May 21st 2007, 4:55pm

Yes ALWAYS feed at the same time even if you have to wake one up!!! Gets them in the same routine. Mine wriggle off my thighs now so sit on floor between bouncy chairs, bum goes a bit numb though!!!

Buy a Protect a bub (double) for side by side buggies, I was going to but 2 parasols until somebody recommended this and its brilliant. Keeps sun and uv rays off.

Join, Boots parenting club, Pampers and tesco's baby club as all the vouchers come in handy.

Dont buy many clothes as people buy you loads and babies tend to stay in sleepsuits for first few months.

Get a tumble dryer for winter and a very long washing line for summer.

Sleep when they sleep in the very early days.

Always get friends to help out when they visit, they love to help and it makes your life easier.

Try not to worry about a routine for the first few weeks as can stress you out and babies will dictate to you at first.

Even though my DH has to go to work at 7am he still helped out with the night feeds, its quicker doing both together, so you get more sleep, as he says he wanted children too and in the early days your so tired its so nice to have the help, he would wake up when they cried anyway.

Think about what you buy as you really dont need somethings, for example I bought bottle warmers, never used them, A cot top changer, use a mat on the floor

Take loads of pictures and video as they grow so fast and enjoy every minute cos being a twin mummy/daddy is the most wonderful thing

Reg: Dec 23rd 2005

Monday, May 21st 2007, 9:46pm

Lulu, thankyou some excellent tips there!!!

The buying stuff is funny, because it always seems such a good idea at the time and you never use it, or in the case of twins, never use either of them!!
Male Factor - Bilateral Absence of Vas Deferens

mags

Reg: Sep 26th 2006

Monday, May 21st 2007, 9:56pm

well guys I think you have all the tips there!! I cant think of anymore, Its kinda hard for me to feed both together as Cameron has a special bottle so it has to have full attention!! However if someone offers to take 1 for a walk or both let them!!!

Sometime twins dont get as much attention as a single would so if soemone offers its not the end of the world to split them up for half an hour or so to get some 1 to 1 for both of them!

1st attempt at ICSI :BFP:bab11 bab10

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Thursday, May 24th 2007, 10:11am

Great tips, keep em coming!

How do you manage popping to the shops on your own with two? both local shops and supermarket, or does that not happen anymore? is it worth investing in a cheap single pram that you can use with a baby carrier to cope with narrow doorways??

cheers

xx
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

lulu27

Thursday, May 24th 2007, 10:45am

You have to become a social recluse!!!!! lol not really!!

Most pushchairs fit through a standard door, unless you live in a little village with really old buildings for shops!! I've got the firstwheels city twin and that fits thrugh most places. Cant get in some lifts in old carparks but you soon learn where you can and cant go. It's easy easy easy so do not worry!!!! I would personally say that a baby carrier and a puschair would be more of a pain, But being a twin parent is all about doing things that work for you and your environment, I'm so jelous of you I want to do it all again i'm so broody already!!!!!

lulu27

Thursday, May 24th 2007, 10:56am

Rather than bring 2 moses baskets up and down the stairs everyday I used a travel got with a bassinet level for them to sleep in during the first few weeks downstairs. They comfortably slept in there together then at night they used to go in seperate moses baskets and didn't mind if they were together or not.

Reg: Dec 23rd 2005

Saturday, May 26th 2007, 9:24pm

As for buggies, we have a Jane TwinTwo, whilst it's very long, it is excellent, we have two rebel pro car seats that are perfect and Ben has just started to use the toddler seat as opposed to the car seat so for the moment they are facing each other which is very sweet! and boy the men envy it ;)
Male Factor - Bilateral Absence of Vas Deferens

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 10:06pm

twin Tips - Bumped up !

Any tips for Twin parents to be ??

Buy nappies in Bulk at Costco - sort of thing
2 changing mats to save you running up and down stairs !

There are a few twinnies enroute to FZ - so thought we should revive this !

k
DAD to twins

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 10:09pm

Quoted

Originally posted by andykirbster

The buying stuff is funny, because it always seems such a good idea at the time and you never use it, or in the case of twins, never use either of them!!

Never admit to this when selling it on ebay!

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 10:20pm

Have sold 3 lots today -

mrs K was a bit emotional at getting rid of Moses baskets and Cribs -

but hey - they will be doing the driving test soon !
DAD to twins

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "1xbaby pls" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 2:41pm

BUMP
For all the twin Twin mum & mums to be
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

elmo

Ace

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 3:43pm

wow only just seen this thread, some fab tips!!

i have a jane powertwin pushchair that takes 2 car seats and i must say its fab!! so easy to manoever!!

i just have one changing mat downstairs and use pampers disposable changemats upstairs and change them on our bed, takes up lots less room.

also you can't have enough muslins, vests and babygro's! we seemed to have loads of babygros but is amazing how fast they dirty/outgrow them!!

bought 2 moses baskets but only used one in the early wks and are now co sleeping as it makes breast feeding much easier! getting their cots in a few weeks!!

dummys-have always hated them but are a godsend if one is crying but you have got to change/feed the other!! (get prem baby teats as mine gagged on the newborn ones)

buy at least 4 baby towels as ours like to poo all over theirs when they get out the bath so one set are always in the wash!!
Proud mom of the most beautiful twin girlies!!
2 angels in heaven, never forgotten

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "1xbaby pls" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 3:47pm

Thanks for adding Elmo :D
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Tuesday, September 1st 2009, 4:53pm

A few tried and tested hints and tips for the Twin Mum's to be!

Buy a baby swing, it's a life saver! You can deal with one twin while the other is rocked!

A V shaped pillow is great for breast feeding. I bought an EZ2 twin feeding cushion off ebay and when I was in hospital asked DH to pump it up. DH being the clumsiest klutz I've ever met pumped it too much and popped it so that was £40 down the drain. The V pillow does the same job, with a couple of pillows under for the early days and on it's own when they get bigger!

I've got a single buggy for a) one has to go docs and the other is staying with dad or b) I'm taking both out to places that aren't double buggy friendly. One in the buggy the other in a Kari me sling

Kari me sling is possibly my best buy, you can go out and about with it or just wear it around the house to get on with the hoovering etc when one of them just won't be put down.

Wasted my money on ......

Cot dividers, hardly used them!

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE