You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Flowertot" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "Flowertot" started this thread

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Monday, October 13th 2008, 10:22pm

Going back to work full time

I will soon be returning to work full-time after working part time for a year after having E. As with most it's so we can upt our income as DH isn't a heavy earner.

It's come with it's problems though and I'm a bit upset about it all.

I'm going back to work to help support my family, I'm going from working 3 days to 5 days. My Dh is a driver and so does get tired and he was having a go about how knackered he's going to be when I'm back at work and he's looking after E more. I mean come on, aren't I going to be knackered too?

E will be with my parents for a few hours each day but probably for 4 afternoons of the week. She is a pre pre school for 1 afternoon at the min and will be 2 after half term.

Naturally it's going ot be difficult all round for me being back at work and away from ella a bit more, but I have leave and weekends off and see her before work and after work!

I was on such a high after it all being agreed at work that i go back full time, because I know financially it will really help us out. BUt now I've had the guilt trip from DH I'm really upset.

Can't do right for doing wrong.
Jen

Ella Louise Born Tuesday 12 September at 11.48pm weighing 6lb 14oz

Mum to a 2 year old little princess born after 2 rounds of IUI.

(Previously ZooKeeper/Twinkle Fairy/Fairy Girl/)

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Wednesday, October 29th 2008, 10:19pm

Just eanted to say bless you hunni. Been there and going back to work is a wrench be it going full-time or back from m/l.

Hoping it's not too bad for you xx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 4:15pm

ermmm......

:innocent:

might be an unpopular suggestion but..... could you possibly be reading a bit too much into this?

all your DH said was that he would be more knackered now that he had to spend more time looking after E.

that's all.

did he say you were a bad mum? or that you should not be knackered?

if he did - he's a prat

if he didnt - then he's a normal bloke and just saying what affects him in a totally idiotic bloke way without having any extra implications than that yes he will have to look after his daughter more than he has done so.....

he's a bloke :P they're insensitive twazzocks at the best of times :P

Sunday, November 9th 2008, 12:24am

well it all blew over after we had a reality check and he now realises that going back full time is for the best financially.

He's back on a rota which means he will get 1 day off during the week at least, which will help everyone out. Plus E is at pre-school for 2 afternoons now.

I'm back full time next week. I know it's going to be hard, I expect that, but I'll probably burst into tears on the days I would normally be off!
Jen

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 4:03pm

anyone else juggling working full-time and family life? I'm coping ok and getting into a routine, but finding being away from E really hard, especially now she's slowly dropping off her afternoon nap and going to bed earlier at night, means I only have about hour and a half with her at night.
Jen

Wednesday, September 2nd 2009, 3:28pm

Bumping this thread......am doing ok with being back full time, can be exhausting though and miss E like crazy.
Jen

compley

Megastar

• "compley" celebrates his birthday today

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Wednesday, September 2nd 2009, 3:36pm

Good to hear you're getting on ok at work, though as you say, imagine it's tiring!

xxx

<

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Wednesday, September 2nd 2009, 3:41pm

Glad your doing ok, Im struggling with 4 days a week, tired and sometimes I have a little cry when I leave him but he loves his minder so not so bad. How does E find her childcare? x

Friday, September 4th 2009, 3:21pm

My parents have her in the afternoons (daddy in the mornings).. She is back at playgroup next week.
Jen

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE