You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Andrea" started this thread

Reg: Feb 23rd 2007

Children: 1 Gorgeous little boy

Friday, September 4th 2009, 12:05pm

Trying to go Part time??

Hi

I have just filled out my request forms from my work to go part time, well 4 days a week, 9am - 4pm, just wondering if anyone has any expierience with changing working patterns and if your company have agreed?

My company are not keen on any part time staff and I do not know anyone that has it in the company, just wondering how difficult it will be for them to turn down my request of 4 days per week?

Thanks
Andrea xxx

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Friday, September 4th 2009, 3:05pm

Hi Andrea

I work 4 days a week 8-4.30 (.5hr lunch) my company don't like part time workers but the recession went in my favour in a way (reduced workload etc) I also have an assistant who covers me on my day off. I went on the direct gov website and read all info on flexible working that I could, they have to consider it although they dont have to do it. I just made a firm case to cover all angles before I had my meeting with my manager and HR but it was accepted a lot better than I thought. I went in and got what I wanted which made a change!

x

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Friday, September 4th 2009, 11:47pm

Hi Andrea

I go back to work on Monday and asked for my hours to be reduced. My request was rejected. To be honest, I think they're just being a pain because they're still moody that I went off on mat leave only a year after joining! So I'm now looking for a new job!

However, after I'd had DD1 I went back after a year to a very supportive manager who was happy to let me reduce my hours, work early starts so I could pick DD up from nursery, work at home if DD was poorly etc. She was really flexible and it made my life so much easier.

I think you need to prepare a really good case and stand your ground, and hope for the best!

Let us know how you get on!
x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE