You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Rosie1976" started this thread

Reg: Jul 5th 2006

Sunday, July 15th 2007, 9:18am

Interupting sleep to feed at night?

hi there, wondered if I could have your thoughts please? The twins are now feeding every four hours, and at night are stretching out to 5 and sometimes nearer 6hours. Problem is that this stretch is from going down at 7pm till midnight or 1am, and then they are back to 4 hourly after that.

I want to make the 5 hour stretch the other side of midnight and wondered if I woke them at 10.30/11pm to feed and top them up if this might work? Or am I being cruel and should just let them sleep as they need it? haven't had to wake them before for feeds so wonder if they would even take it if they weren't ready for it?

Last night for example, Hollie fed at 7pm, 1am and then 5am and 9am.

Anyway, just wondered what you guys thought and whether you have faced anything similar with success!

Many thanks

Rosie
xx
me 32 PCOS, DH 39 all good
trying for 3.5 years, 12 months clomid, 1 m/c April 05, Fresh IVF March 06 BFN, FET Oct 06 BFP - Twins!! Littlebits born 29.05.07 and 30.05.07 :]

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Sunday, July 15th 2007, 12:25pm

RE: Interupting sleep to feed at night?

Rosie,

When my twins were newborns we fed at 6pm then we would go bed & they would wake about 12ish, but sometimes we would wake them both at 10pm then they would go through until 2am then 6am, sometimes will would just wait until they wake themselves, we did so many different things when they were newborn! how old are yours now as I can see their ticker?!?!?

xx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

mags

Reg: Sep 26th 2006

Sunday, July 15th 2007, 8:57pm

Hi Rosie

My 2 are now 5 months and we used to wake them at 10pm for a feed and leave them after that to go however long, the eventually stretched the time out themselves to 6 am, after a couple of months we started bringing the 10pm feed forward by 15 mins and now at 7pm to 7am sleeping. Waking them up was hard though and they didnt always feed as they were so tired.

1st attempt at ICSI :BFP:bab11 bab10

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Monday, July 16th 2007, 9:51am

Hi Rosie

If they go about 4 hours normally, then you could try to wake them at 10-11pm, or whenever is about 4 hours after their bedtime feed. If you do that, they will be hungry enough to take a proper feed as it's the normal 4 hours they're used to. Then go to bed yourself!! And then wait to see how long they go. I think it's great to get them to do their long stretch at a time when you want to sleep.

For both of mine (not twins, so separate occasions), I did this, and I also used to wake them at 2-3am too in the very early days as I knew they wouldn't last the whole night. That way, I got two lots of 3+ hours sleep. If you let them go through and they wake at about 5.30am I found it put the rest of the day out of kilter - is it time to get up (the sun is shining) or time to go back to bed? After a few weeks, I didn't wake them at 3am and they slept through only a couple of weeks after I'd stopped waking them. Both of them were 6 weeks old when they slept from 11pm-7am. I kept waking them at 10-11pm until they were 4-5 months and on a bit of solid food.

Sometimes they are sound asleep at 10.30pm, so changing a nappy wakes them a bit. They may cry a bit (or a lot) at being woken, but a snuggly milk feed is wonderful and means that being woken doesn't seem so hard after all!
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Monday, July 16th 2007, 12:00pm

Hiya Limpet, that's great thanks!

Am going to try it tonight - they both fed around 5.30am this morning, but I woke them and did a top up at 7.30/7.45 to get us back on track - though am not sure that 4oz and 5oz respectively classes as a top up! Just fed again at 11.30am and they both took a full feed so fingers crossed.

My big problem today seems to be keeping them awake between feeds! Even going out in the fresh air just sends them to sleep so not sure what to do about this now! Still, one thing at a time I think!

Will let you know how we get on later - just hope they are ready to go from 11.30pm through till the morning!

Rosie
x
trying for 3.5 years, 12 months clomid, 1 m/c April 05, Fresh IVF March 06 BFN, FET Oct 06 BFP - Twins!! Littlebits born 29.05.07 and 30.05.07 :]

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Monday, July 16th 2007, 5:58pm

Hi Rosie

seems we are both having sleepless nights, evie-mae wakes about the same time as your babies

I was also wondering about the dream feed, to top them her up, might actually try that tonight, she always wakes between 12.30am and 1.30am and then again at 4am. I dont really mind the 4am feed, i would just like her to sleep past midnight

GOOD LUCK SWEETIE, JUST REMEMBER YOUR NOT ALONE, I WILL BE TRYING THE SAME AS YOU TONIGHT (fingers crossed)

how old are your babies sweetie,????? evie-mae is 7 weeks
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

Monday, July 16th 2007, 9:47pm

Sharon

hiya Sharon

Sounds like we are in exactly the same boat!! Hollie is 7 weeks tomorrow and Tomas on Wed, so maybe it is the age that is doing it! they have taken to sleeping from 7pm through till 1am and then wake again at 5am, so tonight we are going to wake them at 11pm and see what hapenns.

Today we tried a mid morning, lunchtime and afternoon nap, and Hollie was great - actually slept most of the morning but went down ok tonight. Tomas only slept a bit though and was really grizzly all day unless being cuddled. Couldn't figure out where my happy man had gone, and then read your other thread and I really think I have over stimulated him today thinking he was bored! At about 5.30 pm I sat down and just cuddled him and was fast asleep! Anyway, both bathed and did a huge feed at 7pm so fingers crossed.

Was worried that if we went out they would sleep all day in the car/buggy, but then DH reminded me that we did that on Sat and they still slept in the night.

Is not a situation I want anyone else to be in, but nice to know we are not alone if you know what I mean! Will be thinking of you and logging on early tomorrow to see how you got on!

Take care

Rosie
x

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Monday, July 16th 2007, 11:23pm

oh gosh

we have a boy that sleeps at the drop of a hat , and Tara who can seem to go for 24 hours on 3 hours of sleep !

She hates being put down - so I have just left her bawling away in th ebedroom to get use to the environment.

We will feed them in 20 mins and then top them up at about 3 am ...

have the two on different cycles doesnot help keep count
DAD to twins

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 10:32am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rosie1976
My big problem today seems to be keeping them awake between feeds! Even going out in the fresh air just sends them to sleep so not sure what to do about this now! Still, one thing at a time I think!

Yep, that's a difficult one for a sleepy baby. Both mine were like that, and I'm afraid I sacrificed quite a lot of my life for the first two months so that I'd always be in a position to be able to keep them awake (ie not driving and not walking the pram). You can go out for a walk when you want them to sleep as the pram will send them off no problem. For me, I was happy to make that sacrifice as it created good long-term habits for my little ones.

They do tend to get more wakeful somewhere between 2 and 3 months. Even now, with DS2 aged 14 months, I will still be more careful in the afternoon. If he sleeps in the car in the morning, I know I still have the afternoon to keep him awake and active to ensure he sleeps well at bedtime.

Great if your 3-naps a day works. I found that both of mine grew out of the short afternoon nap at around 3 months, give or take a couple of weeks.
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 10:49am

well they both did an ounce more at their 11pm feed, but still woke at 3.15 and 4am respectively! Woke at 7.15 and then 8am and have both just had a 45- 60 min nap and will be fed at 11.15 and 12. So all going ok at the mo, Hollie has been really awake between naps so far...Tomas' turn to be sleepy today! Hoping they have a long lunchtime nap and then we can hopefully go out!!

Maybe after a few days of this they will drop the 3am feed?? Or is that wishful thinking!!

How was your night Sharon?

Rosie
x

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 11:43am

HI HUNNI

I decided not to introduce the dream feed just yet, instead i bathed and fed E-M an hour later than usual, at about 8pm, and put her down to sleep at 9pm, it took ages for her to nod off, and she cried alot, but once she fell asleep, she slept through till the 4am feed and totally missed out the 12.30am feed

What weight are your babies??? and how much are they drinking????

E-M is over 10lb and has 5 or 6 oz feeds, so i know she gets enough to last her a full night

Good luck tonight sweetie, it must be much more difficult with twins, i hope dh helps you out with the night feeds, if he is anything like my dh, he probably doesnt even hear them wake up,lol
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 11:54am

Quoted

well they both did an ounce more at their 11pm feed, but still woke at 3.15 and 4am respectively!

Are you not waking them at the same time? That would save you so much sleep, and would stand a better chance of having them both on the same sort of routine for the day.

Quoted

Maybe after a few days of this they will drop the 3am feed?? Or is that wishful thinking!!

Probably wishful thinking! What happened with mine is that 3am became 3.30am, which became 4am etc etc. So the gap gets longer. When they're getting later than 4.30am, make the feed a bit smaller so that it's enough to make them comfortable but not too big to stop them being hungry at 7.30am (or whenever you want the first feed of the day to be).

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 3:03pm

well, two things stop me feeding them together - in the day I am on my own with them so I need to do them seperately at least till they are a bit bigger and can feed in their seats - they chug it down quickly though so only about 15 mins between them which seems ok? In the night I try and do this one on my own so DH can sleep and get to work the next day!

Also, I was hoping that one of them would have pushed out a bit later as I am not sure both of them will go the night at the same time, so just because one woke I didn't want to assume the other would need feeding - turns out he did though!

Will def make this feed smaller though as we have been keeping it the same - did you reduce by an ounce each time? And then up the breakfast feed by the same amount?

They have def slept better today, and fed at 7, 11, 3 etc so I feel we are making progress with regard to a routine. Maybe I am too soft though and should get my DH up - thing is they won't get fed together in the day so don't want to confuse them!

Thanks so much for all your support, it really is helping!

Rosie
x

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 8:47pm

As long as you're not feeding one, then going back to bed and then being woken 20 minutes later - that's what would seem unnecessary hard on you. Doing them one after the other makes sense.

I know I only had one at a time, but I would suggest to your DH that he does the middle of the night feed at weekends seeing as he's not getting up for work - that's what we used to do. I would go to bed as soon as I'd finished the 11pm feed and feel so much better the next day for having stayed in bed for 7+ hours. If he could do Friday and Saturday night, it would give you a breather. You're the most important person in the household; you sound very cheerful and full of energy, but you need a bit of support and this is a great way he can do it. I breastfed, so I had to express to be able to hand this feed over, but you don't even have to spend time doing that!

See what he thinks - maybe secretly he'd really like doing it as it could be his special time with them when you're not around. Some DH's can actually feel a little left out and not find it easy to say so.

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 10:22pm

yes, we tried that this weekend and it did work, although despite having a baby either side of the bed he doesn't wake up even when they are yelling - and I know he is asleep and not pretending as he continues snoring! So I do wake a little, but is nice to not have to leave the bed!

will be waking them at 11 tonight and then will see how far they get tonight and do one after the other I think. Just wonder if I am waking one unnecessarily and how would I know if one could get through the night if I am always waking them? I suppose over a few nights if it is always the same one to waking first might give us some indication.............anyway, this is turning into a sleep deprived ramble now so I am going to have a nap before the 11pm feed!

Rosie
xx

kski

Ace

Wednesday, July 18th 2007, 7:54am

Rosie

What are you like ! Letting Dh snore through ...

I would love to sleep through but MRs K issued a policy astatement on day one -
Two babies - two people ! and I am normally to be found at about 3 am feeding number 1 son !

I suggest you conduct a 7 week appraisal with DH and let him have the benefit of some constructive feedback -

We fed tara and Matt at about 1030 last night - ( 4 oz ) and then gave them a 3 am feed -- they slept till 6 am - Lto some extent they have to fit in - otherwise you would go spare !

I get up at 0545, so that is cool - trying to get them to have a regular nap after the 7pm ish feed would help as we could sneak a little extra sleep - although the 26 mins between Reading business park and Paddington is fantastic shut eye on the train in the am !
K
DAD to twins

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kski" (Jul 18th 2007, 7:55am)

Wednesday, July 18th 2007, 8:29am

well, we fed them at 11.15, then at 3.40 when the first one woke and now again at 7.15.

Feels like we are going backwards a bit as when we were not waking them at 10/11pm they were sleeping through till 1am so going for a much longer stretch, but am hoping this will get them into a good routine?

I feel worse though than I have done so far!! Nobody said this would be easy though I guess!??!

Rosie
x

Wednesday, July 18th 2007, 1:00pm

Hunni
you are doing a wonderfull job

i am sure things will get easier, Like limpet says letting dh do the weekend night feeds really does boost your energy levels for the week ahead

the first 4 or 5 weeks i did all the night feeds even at weekends, as dh never heard E-M cry, but it is too much, so now on a friday and saterday night if dh doesnt hear her, i wake him, he doesnt mind as he feels he is doeing his share
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,

kski

Ace

Wednesday, July 18th 2007, 1:34pm

Hey Rosie

In two years time they will not remember anything !

As long as they are healthy and gaining weight who is to say what is right and what is wrong ! somedays are better than others -

Mrs K laughed out loud when I suggested she should handle the night feeds solo -
the kind of passive agressive laugh girls do soo well.

k
DAD to twins

Friday, July 20th 2007, 12:48pm

how did you get on last night ?????????????

evie went to sleep well, not too much crying, but still woke up at 3am instead of 4am for a feed

how do these people get their babies to sleep alnight, it amazes me
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, July 20th 2007, 1:38pm

Quoted

Originally posted by sharon77
how did you get on last night ?????????????

evie went to sleep well, not too much crying, but still woke up at 3am instead of 4am for a feed

how do these people get their babies to sleep alnight, it amazes me

Sharon, I know you're probably very tired but EM is barely two months old. She still NEEDS to wake at night for a feed. It's not NORMAL for a young baby to sleep all night although formula manufacturers recognise that new parents will embrace the opportunity to get back to their normal pre-baby lifestyle and so they market milks with high casein content which is much harder for babies to digest, subsequently it keeps them fuller for longer. While this may seem attractive it's not natural a for baby's digestive system which is designed to manage frequent meals of easily digestible milk with a different whey/casein ratios.

When she's older she WILL sleep through the night because her digestive system will have matured to go for longer periods without milk, it will also be better equipped to deal with more dense milk products and eventually solid foods. At this stage, eating in the night is the norm and if you want to avoid her waking to feed then you will have to wake her to give her a dream feed as already suggested. Wanting her to go completely without feeds is unrealistic at this very early stage.

Friday, July 20th 2007, 2:02pm

Bells
it doesnt bother me giving e-m a feed through the night, just a few ladies i have met at the wiegh in clinic i go to every week, boast about how there baby is put down at 7pm and sleep through to about 7am,

I am now thinking these ladies are slightly exagerating, or their babies must be very hungry through the night
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, July 20th 2007, 3:13pm

Probably Sharon, or else they may be giving them formula milk marketed as for 'hungry babies' (ie: babies that like to suck, ie: most babies!) which takes them longer to digest. Some babies 'do' sleep for longer periods than others but at 7 weeks old no baby should be going for 12 hours without food.

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, July 20th 2007, 3:53pm

Sleeping through has several meanings though, E-M is sleeping through if she is going for longer than 6 hours at a time. At E-M's age Lolly was still waking 3 times a night so E-M is doing really well! :))

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, July 20th 2007, 4:00pm

Oh my, at 8 weeks my DD2 was waking every other hour to chew on my boob :scared:

I'd have given my right arm to wake up once a night.

Sharon, as Missy says, you're starting a cracking routine there with EM. Don't knock it :)

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 2:29pm

Hi Rosie

how are things going?????????
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 4:55pm

hi there! Well, alright I think, but varies from night to night to be honest. They had their jabs on Monday and Tomas has had a cold so that threw us for a day or two. We are still waking them around 11pm, but then I am letting them go as long as they can rather than waking them in the night. last night that was 2.30 and 3am, but the night before was 4.30 and 5am so not sure what we should be doing really.

Problem with that appraoch is that it can then throw the whole day out unless I feed them at 7am regardless? What do you do?

they are really good though and def need the sleep in the day to help them through. They both have had bad bottoms from the jabs I think which has been gross!!

Rosie
x

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 6:58pm

Hi hun

Yes e-m wakes different times at night, sometimes wakes at 2.30, sometimes 3am or 4am
I always give her the 7am feed regardless, even if she only takes an once,
If i stick with the 7am feed the rest of the day is kept to regular times, ie, 10.30am, 1.30pm, 5pm, and 8pm

E-M has also had a terrible runny bum, have lost count the amount of nappies i have used,lol

speak to you soon
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 9:55am

Quoted

Problem with that appraoch is that it can then throw the whole day out unless I feed them at 7am regardless? What do you do?

I'd say keep going as you are 8) and yes feed them at 7-7.30am regardless. If they can sometimes make it to 4.30am, then they're gradually learning to last longer. If they feed any later than 4.30am (ish, you have to work out what's best for you), then you can delay their first feed till 7.30am, but any later than that and it throws the day. Also, make that 7.30am feed a bit smaller (which is probably all they'll want after a feed only 3 hours before) and you should find you can stay on track. If they're waking at 4.30am, are you able to offer slightly less milk than at a 2.30am feed? It would make them more receptive to a 7am feed!

Your routine sounds good too Sharon! Even an ounce at 7am is enough to set the day in its pattern, as you say. 8)

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 4:10pm

help?

hve actually found that I can now feed both of them at the same time if I sit them in their bouncers! Handy for when they are screaming at least.

One more question - I am really struggling to keep Tomas awake in the afternoon, and then he is not going off as well after his bath. How do I keep him awake guys!!?

thanks,

Rosie
x

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 4:41pm

RE: help?

Yay!!! Feeding them both at once could save you nearly half an hour each feed, if you're lucky!

Tips for keeping a baby awake, you say?! ;) If one of them is staying awake, then at least you only have to concentrate on one of them. It's hard, sooo hard! If you see *any* sign of drowsiness, act straightaway, otherwise it's harder to rouse them.

Basically, change the envionment, so move him, and/or change the background sound (put music on, or radio, or turn it off, etc). Take him out of his chair, or move him from where he is, and play with him. I used to move their legs around, move their arms in circles (stimulates blood flow), sing, talk, make eye contact, not cuddle them, but hold them sitting on your lap looking at you. If desperate, take some of their clothes off till he's not overly warm, tickle feet, or even scratch his feet (obviously not very hard!), blow on him, change his nappy if he really needs stimulating. Don't go out, because in the car you can't stop and rouse him, and in the pushchair it would be too hard to stop too. I stayed in during the late afternoon until I was sure the 4.30pm doze was a thing of the past. If I remember rightly, that was around 3 months (just under for DS1 and just over for DS2). Make staying awake a habit, and he'll do it more easily in a couple of weeks.

So worth it, though, for better nighttimes!

Friday, July 27th 2007, 1:02pm

RE: help?

hI ROSIE

You seem to be doing great, especially beeing able to feed them both at the same time, I think you are wonder-women in disguise,lol biggrin2

I heard that with twins you usually get a lively baby and a more laid back baby, so maybe little T is going to be the more laid back baby, and just needs more sleep than his sister, (just a thought)
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Friday, July 27th 2007, 1:24pm

I did what Limpet did, except for the 3am feed.

DS#1 was not on solids until around 6 months though, and so it was only around 7 months that he slept through from 6:30 until 6:30

Sunday, July 29th 2007, 10:22am

latest dilemma!

aahhh! Just when we thought we had it nailed! here is the 'routine' we have been aiming for:

7am feed
8.30 nap
10.45 feed
12 nap
2.45 feed
6.30 bath
7pm feed and bed
10.30/11pm feed
3.30 feed

We have to wake them for the 10.30pm feed normally but have been leaving them to dictate the middle of the night one which has been around 3.30pm for the last few nights. However, they are then waking at 6am starving? What's going on? This didn't used to happen and we haven't changed the number of feeds or the amounts? We are able to hold them out till 6.45 but it means a number of attempts with nappies etc so we are up anyway so may as well feed them?

any thoughts?

a very tired Rosie
xx

Sunday, July 29th 2007, 12:43pm

mmmmmmm

well at around 2 months - 3 months I was feeding every 3 hours or so

6:30, 9:30, 12:30, 3:30, 6:30 then waking for a 10:30 feed, waiting for the 3am feed, and then starting the day again around 6:30am

naps happened as/when

so I think I had one more feed in there than you guys do

Sunday, July 29th 2007, 12:44pm

but it was breast feeding rather than bottle feeding so that may be the difference?

Sunday, July 29th 2007, 8:31pm

Hi Rosie

how much food are they having at each feed???,are they still wanting more after being fed???? What i am getting at is, maybe the twins are going through a growth spurt, so they are waking up hungrier than normal
I always make up bottles with an extra once in just in case E-M wants a bit more

E-M is having between 4 and 6 once feeds, but sometimes only a 3 once through the night
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,

Sunday, July 29th 2007, 10:01pm

they are having loads!! Tomas has 6 oz every feed and a 7 oz after his bath, although he has been on this amount for about 2-3 weeks and is now draining each bottle. Hollie is on 6 as well but will go from 4-6 at any time.

Have been thinking of increasing Tomas' to 7oz at each feed, but 7 oz 6 times a day seems an awful lot? He is not even 9 weeks yet!

We had been giving them less at the 3/4am feed and I wonder if that is causing it so tonight we are going to give them a normal feed and see what happens. Am also not going to wake them at 10.30pm so see how long they go for and see if that is the way they drop a feed - have just heard one of them stir though so I doubt it!

Think we are expecting too much for them to go from 11pm to 7am without waking just yet. Silly really as our expectations have been set from what our friends children did, and we have to keep reminding ourselves that they are all different and as they were premature they are only 3.5 weeks corrected age!

How is Evie-Mae getting on?

Rosie
x

Sunday, July 29th 2007, 10:43pm

Hi Rosie

I would increase some of Tomas' bottles, but not all of them. Go for the crucial ones, ie the 11pm one first. But leave the other ones at 6oz for now. I seem to remember having the afternoon one even a bit smaller, so 5oz at 2.45pm if you're worried about too much overall intake. Don't fret about that unduly, though, as babies tend to know when they've had enough. Make the 11pm big, and the 3am big too, just to make the best attempt at having only one night wakening. I was only recommending making the nighttime feed smaller if it was after 4.30am. Any earlier than that and a smaller feed won't last till 7am. My personal experience is still to wake them late in the evening, but maybe not 10.30pm, but 11pm. I used to get myself ready for bed, teeth brushed, everything, then wake DS, change his nappy, then feed him, then the second he was in his cot, I was in bed with the light off, making the most of the quiet hours.

I'm guessing it will be a bit harder for twins to go through the night for 8 hours as they must tend to disturb each other a bit? If one was destined to sleep well, and the other stirs, then you've stopped the first one sleeping through. :rolleyes:

In the long run, Rosie, it will seem all in the dim, distant past, but just hang on in there for now. You will get there, I promise!! 8)

Monday, July 30th 2007, 8:19am

well....update on the two of them!

had their bottle after their bath at 7pm, and then left them and they woke at 12.15 and 12.30. Then Hollie didn't wake till 5.30 and Tomas went till 6.40am!! Still can't quite believe it! So, fed Hollie a small amount and then she woke again at 7am so back on track for the day for both of them.Going to see if this was a one off or if it continues and then look to pull forward the feed to 11pm if poss. Am going to follow your suggestion re increasing the bottles and see how we go - they are both now asleep again after a kick about this morning.

Happy days!

Rosie
x

Monday, July 30th 2007, 9:02am

I'm impressed - but remember this will all go tits up around 3 months when they get their growth spurt. trick then is not to panic and remember the extra night time feeds will only last for a few days.

Monday, July 30th 2007, 9:33am

Well done Rosie. :D Don't be depressed if it doesn't happen tonight too. There will always be a trend towards a new pattern, so if it doesn't go the same way tonight, it may well be better tomorrow night. Still, you know they *can* do it, so take encouragement from that.

Hope you slept well, and didn't lie awake wondering when they were going to wake. :rolleyes:

Monday, July 30th 2007, 10:16am

that's exactly what I did! typical hey! As you say though, nice to know that it can be done, although not expecting it to happen again for a while!!

R
x

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 4:47pm

HI Hunni

I was going to surgest dropping the 10,30pm dream feed, and just see how long they would sleep for, but great minds think alike, and you have already tried that one, and it seems to have worked :D well done you :D

Tomas drinking 7oz 8o 8o ooops, but then they say boys need more food than girls

Evie-mae is doing ok, she has her last feed at 8pm and wakes between 2.30 and 4,30, Poor thing still gets terrible pains in her lower tummy around this time of night, I spend ages winding her after her night feed, but she still gets lots of air trapped, i will be glad when her organs have matured some, so she has a nights sleep without any pain,
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE