You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

babyreflux

Unregistered

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 6:24pm

UK Based Baby Reflux Support Network

Hi, my name is Rachel. I have set up a UK based support network and website for parents and carers of babies that suffer from baby/infant reflux.

My own daughter (Willow, 5 months) has acute acid reflux so much of the project was developed from this experience. Many website resources are biased towards the US, Australia etc where medications are very different and attitudes of health professionals vary. It is also a resource for reflux related products such as wedges that are normally only available in the US. This is why I have had such positive feedback from UK parents who are looking for UK specific advice and support.

Please feel free to use the website for support and advice where you can either learn through the experiences of others or contact me directly if you have any baby reflux related questions.

Look forward to speaking to you soon.

Rachel Phillips
www.babyreflux.co.uk

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 10:47pm

Hi Rachel

What you've done/are doing is just fantastic. My DD had acid reflux too and it was so awful trying to find information about things in the UK.

I smiled when I saw your reference to wedges - we bought one from America - a tucker sling - nightmare to get it sent over and not much use when we got it.

Fortunately, we're the other side of the hill now with Evelyn.

I wanted to wish you lots of luck with this project - someone to go and chat to other parents and read information would have been so helpful. If I can do anything to help, I'd be happy to.

Jodie x

babyreflux

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 14th 2007, 9:29pm

Support

Hi Jodie,

Thanks for your kind words. I am weaning Willow at the moment...let's just say there's more sick than usual, but it's multi coloured and doesn't spread as far or leave Willow's mouth at 100 mph!!

The website is constantly viewed and I am emailed or buzzed online every day. I have recently added "live support" so that visitors can ask a quick question live (a bit like a chat room) as we are all so short of time and often holding a baby at the PC! Live chat takes some getting used to, but it's often easier than trying to have a conversation and more instant than an email. if I'm offline, then you get the option to leave a message for me to reply to. i think it's another good resource for the Support side of things.

Anyway...thanks again for the reply. I was looking at the tucker sling - waiting for a reply from them, what was it that didn't work out for you?

Rachel

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Tuesday, August 14th 2007, 10:10pm

My DD didn't like being in one position - she wanted to move about so got cross if she was in the Tucker Sling for too long!

Believe it or not, we've only took it to a charity shop recently otherwise I'd have sent it to you. Not cheap to buy are they! But my thougths were that anything was worth a try when you're as desperate as we were!

Good luck with weaning.

x

babyreflux

Unregistered

Saturday, August 18th 2007, 1:32pm

Hiya,

I've been busy adding things to the site - videos (of me!) demonstrating some of the wedges and things and online support which is great for instant contact! Willow was sitting on my lap the the PC the otherday. I was chatting to someone about weaning ( my fave topic !!) and Willow managed to soak my keyboard in carrot and courgette puree! Nice, now my " key is @ and my space bar doesn't work very well..I think because there's half a ton of veg under it!! I had to laugh!

I haven't had much of a responce from Tucker Sling - i really want to try one out, but Willow is quite active now and i don't think she'll like being held in one place for long either....

Rachel

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE