You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "lulu27" started this thread

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Sunday, August 19th 2007, 11:50am

Any chairs instead of bouncers???

Does anybody have any ideas what I can use to sit babies in instead of boucers??? They are gettin a bit big for them now and Ruby tends to lean forward and tip out of hers. In the day they have their bottles in their highchair (I feed them together) but at night they have it in their bouncers as it's more laid back and comfortable. I'd like to continue to feed themtogether but obviously dh is away so wondered if there are any other sorts of chairs with a harness on the market????

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Sunday, August 19th 2007, 7:59pm

I have a bumbo for Isla. She loves it and cos its so light we carry it evrywhere for her. Have you thought of those?
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes.
Lap and dye August 05 unblocked both tubes. :D Hurrah!!!! :D
Natural BFP 05/06/06

My beautiful baby girl was born 2 weeks early on 3rd February 2007

After many up's and down's we're back and ttc naturally in 2013!

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Sunday, August 19th 2007, 8:31pm

have you got high chairs yet? only asking because ella has one which reclines so may be an idea for you.

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Sunday, August 19th 2007, 8:49pm

Not a chair but i used to sit in the middle of the settee with each baby on each thigh, i found this the most comfortable position for all of us. xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

lulu27

Sunday, August 19th 2007, 9:00pm

Thanks for your help yes they have bumbo's and reclining highchairs just wondered if there was anything comfier on the market they could snooze on. They like to chill out in their rockers and would be nice to replace them. Have seen the Doomoo seats but I think they are quite expensive, especially when you need 2!!!

lulu27

Friday, August 24th 2007, 6:57pm

Has anyone got this??? Just wondered if Ruby would be able to tip out of this one now she likes to sit uprighth

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Baby-…0QQcmdZViewItem

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Friday, August 24th 2007, 8:29pm

Lulu,

Hiya!

My twin friend has these her twins are 10 months & are so comfy, they go into little chairs when they are alot older (as you probably know that), she feeds them in these all the time, when I took my girls round hers they were climbing in & out & loved them too & they could not even fall out or push it forwards as they have a bar at the bottom to prevent it tipping forward & my girls are 24lb now so they are strong chairs. but expensive for two!!

We had the fishprice kick & play & were great these are the step up from them but much better.
xx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

lulu27

Friday, August 24th 2007, 8:44pm

Thanks for that Lisa, they go up to 40lbs ooh what shall I do, tthey seem like a really good idea, even when they are older it will be nice for them to have their own chair, my bouncers have been invaluble but they just aren't that practical anymore for saftey reasons, I dont know whether it's worth shelling out now help!!!!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Friday, August 24th 2007, 8:45pm

Lulu, we have that chair. Its been great but now she can climb out of it! :rolleyes: I only put her in it if she's on the verge of sleep and I'm not going to be out of the room.

Edited to say she's been able to climb out of it for about a month, so I wouldn't waste your money for the amount of use you are likely to get out of it. Can I suggest supergluing their bums to the seat?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrsjasper" (Aug 24th 2007, 8:47pm)

lulu27

Friday, August 24th 2007, 9:02pm

I suppose i'm just wishful thinking that they are going to want to sit still!!! It's just when you have twins and on your own it's handy to have something to give last bottle in that's nice and comfy. Or will it not be long till they give their bottles themselves????

Friday, August 24th 2007, 9:36pm

Mrs. J, what a little escaper you have! tighten the straps more!!

Lulu-mine held their bottles by the age of 7 months & ever since! so much easier with 2 babies, are you teaching them to hold them own?
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs

lulu27

Friday, August 24th 2007, 9:42pm

yes Ruby can do it usually pokes herself in the eye, she just needs to learn to tip it up more, if I dont hold it she tends to get distracted and not drink it!!! Seb actually held his today for the first time again needs to work out how to tip up!!! Once they can do this where do you give them thir bottle on the sofa????

lulu27

Friday, August 24th 2007, 9:45pm

It's going to open up a whole new world for me when they can do it themselves!!! I sit there for ages sometimes!!!!!

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Friday, August 24th 2007, 9:47pm

can they sit by themselve Lulu?

Friday, August 24th 2007, 9:48pm

well done your 2!

I always fed in bouncers or girls on floor leaning on 2 huge v-shaped pillows (debenhams are the best ones to buy I think) & a cushion underneath, they still have their milk on the floor (rug) or both lying on me! great fun! always on my bed in the morning when we all snuggle up with a biscuit!! 8o

you might find it easier to use v-shaped pillows or cushions on the sofa & you in between, are they siting unaided now?
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs

lulu27

Friday, August 24th 2007, 9:50pm

Ruby is managing about 20 mins, but as she can roll about I think she thinks that why sit still when I can move here and touch that, move there and steal my brothers dummy, move here and get stuck under the table etc etc. so she tends to sit then put herself on her front. Seb doesn't sit up yet, gets frustrated and generally just lies there whilst Ruby steals his dummy!!! lol

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Friday, August 24th 2007, 9:51pm

aww bless, they must be fully of characters :D

Friday, August 24th 2007, 9:52pm

won't be long!! one of those old sayings!!!

gets easier when they can sit unaided, I use to try & catch both of them, so funny!!
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs

lulu27

Friday, August 24th 2007, 9:53pm

Trouble is my sofa is leather and they just slide off it!!! Am so looking forward to when I can get their bottle of milk and my cup of tea and all snuggle in bed drinking together before breakfast!!!! Especially with dh!!! Awww made myself really miss him then silly moo!!!!! Only over 2 months to go!!! xxx

lulu27

Friday, August 24th 2007, 9:57pm

I tried to sit seb the other day whilst Ruby was sitting then in slow motion they just fell onto each other and cracked heads!!! The first of many me thinks!!!! Yes Victoria full of character already and completly different personalities!!!! xxxx

Saturday, August 25th 2007, 11:24am

Lulu,

Must be very hard without DH, you need a big hug & pat yourself on your back for being on your own with twins. well done! my two love being on the sofa (leather also) & haven't yet managed to climb on them, but they climb on our bed with no trouble but are much older than yours. I love the mornings when we snuggle up just us 3.

xx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs

ellied

Saturday, August 25th 2007, 9:39pm

T used to snooze on his lamb fleece and still crashes out on the squashy sofa at grandma and grandpa's. However, the latter has to be supervised as he can roll in his sleep and it's a long wa down.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE