You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Glitzy" started this thread

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Thursday, September 13th 2007, 5:15pm

How much is too much?

Hello

As I mentioned before we started weaning 2 weeks ago. For the first week I kept him on baby rice once a day (few spoons) and then we progressed this week to porridge for breakfast and baby rice at lunch. He normally has about 15 - 20 weaning spoons of each. He also still has 4 eight ounce bottles per day. Is this too much food?? I just really took his lead and gave him as much as he wanted after the first week but my mum said today she thinks im over feeding him. This is all new to me so just wondering if you guys think its too much at his age? Thank you!

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Thursday, September 13th 2007, 7:26pm

RE: How much is too much?

Hi Glitzy

sorry, I'm not quite at this stage yet, so not much help ?(

But it sounds like M is loving his food

well done both of you x
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Thursday, September 13th 2007, 7:35pm

Really so long as he is still getting his full rec allowance of milk, you are probably fine.

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, September 13th 2007, 7:39pm

I echo Rivka, if M did not want it he would not take it. You are doing a sterling job and as well meaning as your mum is, don't let it knock you off balance :)

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Friday, September 14th 2007, 9:43am

Thanks Ladies. I think you are right I will just go with my instincts for now - half of it ends up over my face as his new game is blowing rasperries with the food in his mouth and then laughing! He is enjoying food and i would prefer it that way than it being a struggle. I dont think he is having too much anyway!!

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Friday, September 14th 2007, 9:53am

If it's ending up on your face instead of in his, then he's not eating as much solid food as you thought. Great that he's enjoying it because it suggests he's ready for it. Babies have a good inbuilt hunger mechanism where they only eat/drink what they need. You don't have to make him finish the bowl - if he slows down before it's all gone, then just leave it. Many babies will only start raspberrying it when they've assuaged their hunger; the first mouthfuls will probably go down a lot faster with less mess? That's my guess.
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Friday, September 14th 2007, 9:56am

Yeah you are right! He wolfs the first few down. He only learned to blow rasberries yesterday (thanks grandma!!) and he is finding it very entertaining to do and was beside himself when he seen what happens if you do it with porridge in your mouth! Bless him he was having fun!!

5 x ICSI b.f.n

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE