You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LadyLuck" started this thread

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 5:48pm

Morning and evening milk - what cup?

My HV came round today and said I should be giving Chloe her morning and evening milk in a cup!!! I had no idea.

I am still in the evening routine of bath, bottle bed!! How can i do this with a cup? When having her bottle she sits on my lap and gets all dozy until she tells me no more of her milk.

What do others do?

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 5:52pm

RE: Morning and evening milk - what cup?

does she currently have her milk in a normally baby bottle or a beaker hun?

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 6:18pm

baby bottle

Binky

Star

Reg: Aug 27th 2006

Children: 1 beautiful Little Girl with help from clomid.

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 6:44pm

I went from a bottle to a cup that still had a teat for a few weeks for her to get used to holding different things for her milk as she would not take it from a beaker at her night time intake, but she would at her morning intake with her brekkie but after a few weeks she did and now takes anything from a beaker to a straw or just a plain two handled cup.

I swapped from bottle to beaker at 1yr as that is what my dentist had recommened, as the teat can misshapen their teeth and also there is more chance of milk staying on the teeth causing bacteria.

Hope this helps hun!

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 8:10pm

This may sound stupid but can anyone show me pictures of what a beaker is and what a cup is and what I should be ideally using for her milk now....

Sorry for sounding so niave, but I just don't know what the difference is.

Thanks x

I just tried to give her her milk from a cup with a spout. An avent magic cup with toddler spout but without the handles. She usually has her water from this during the day.

She didnt seem to like having her milk from it though tonight.

Binky

Star

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 8:50pm

I used this one first not really a cup but started her off with the swap I will look for the others

Mothercare

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 8:52pm

keep trying her with that one you got hun,
she will get use to it eventually. she should be using a beaker now instead of a bottle. let me look for a pic for you

Binky

Star

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 8:54pm

She used this one for ages its the one second from the bottom it is a really soft silicon spout same texture as a teat, I got mine from tescos for a few quid

tommee tippee

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 8:54pm

Vicki,

It really doesn't matter if she has 2 bottles of milk a day from a bottle, you SHOULD do whatever C is happiest with, mine still have bottles of milk, but I see it this way (like many others!) twice a day, not in public, for a few minutes is not going to do them any harm, obviously if she was 3 yrs then maybe a problem, but shes only 15 months. we have tried M&D loads of times but they like their bottles & don't see it as a problem.

But if you want to change her bottle to a beaker, it may take a little time? Tommy Timpee basic beakers Tesco £1.97 or the Avent magic ones you have are fine. but they get use to their bottles & refuse anything else!! M&D have water in a tumbler with no spout sometimes.

I can only see a problem with teeth if toddlers are constantly drinking from bottles for water/juice/milk all day not 2 bottles of day like most toddlers do.

Just a pushy HV!!!

HTH
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

Binky

Star

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 8:58pm

She has used this one too although I only give her water in it now as its hard to get the milk out good enough
http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B00…764041&mcb=core

Binky

Star

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 9:02pm

You could try just a cup with a straw, but perserve as she will get there hun i promise.

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 9:16pm

Chloe has got this one which we tried, I only got it 2 days ago:
http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/ea…ner_12_months_/

She has been using these ones too for a while now:
http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/tip_it_up_beaker_9m_/

I am confused though as when I was trying to get Chloe into a routine with sleeping and all that. It was suggested bath, bottle (in her room all quiet) then bed. Which was fine all the books said the same and we have a lovely routine that works.

Now I just wonder how to fit the milk in a cup into this routine as we used to sit in hr room have a nice snuggle and she gulped down her milk. But this will all change won't it.

I am not sure how to fit drinking milk from a cup making mess into a chilled out bedtime routine mmmmmm

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 9:20pm

Binky, this one http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B00...764041&mcb=core
that you use is the one I used tonight with milk. She didnt get on too well, was choking and spluttering as the hv told me to take the valve out. This is the one we use during the day for her water, with the valve in it. I took the valve out with some water and it went everywhere, she also worked out she could shake it upside down and make a mess!!!!!

C drinks great from a straw. Would it be wrong to bath C then bring her back downstairs to sit on the sofa with her beaker/cup then when she is done with milk, take her back up to bed or is it best to give her the milk in her room?

Its just that my friend gives her 2yr old a bottle still down on the sofa then he goes up to bed.

Thats why i had never changed to a beaker or cup for milk!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LadyLuck" (Sep 18th 2007, 9:21pm)

Children: Twin Girls

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 9:27pm

Vicki,

If her routines works now then leave it. Chole's had enough change in her little life! bless her!! can just see her cheeky smiley face now!! :D

Everyone has different routines, when babies get older they don't have to have quiet time in their room etc. M&D have milk laying on us or on the sofa's then we read books/watch "in the night garden" etc & no toys, just chill time then up to bed.

My friends twins have a manic time at bedtime, walking around with their beakers of milk, no chill out time, but they all like it works for them.

The tesco straw beakers mine have for water, maybe try that for milk?

Did she look at beaker, as if to go "that's not my bottle"??

xx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

Binky

Star

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 10:30pm

It really is what works for you hun. Libby has her milk after her bath on the sofa, no toys no childs tv. then up to bed with a book, and that woeks for me. the 1st tommee tippee one you showed l couldnt get on with that but the version which is smaller with handles is better.

try changing her morning one first and keep her bottle for the night for a few weeks its the night i had trouble with.

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 12:11pm

Well I have made a decision and will start tonight....

For morning and evening milk and for her water during the day I will use these for now, maybe for a couple of weeks: http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/tip_it_up_beaker_9m_/

As soon as I can I will start her on this for water during the day: http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/ea…ted_12_months_/

I also have one of these that I will try in a little while once she is used to her straw cup and not using bottles for her milk: http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/ea…ner_12_months_/

I have also decided to giver C her milk downstairs on the sofa after her bath, and just try to make it chilled out as much as possible. But she is really good with going to bed.

I think it will all be fine, thank you everyone for your help and advice x

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 12:13pm

Quoted

Originally posted by lisaw2308
Vicki,

Did she look at beaker, as if to go "that's not my bottle"??

xx

She didnt have a problem with the cup I used cos she uses it during the day and has done for ages now. But it had no valve in it so it obviously came out different and she is so chilled and half asleep by this time, she kept chocking and splutttering poor thing lol

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 12:34pm

Hi hun, IMO there is no difference between a cup and a beaker :))

I give Lolly her juice in this, Anyway up cup she didn't actually start using this until about 9 months old, and now she has a tommee tippee trainer cup/beaker for her milk morning and night. It is just like a big bottle with no handles and on the top it has a silicone teat which is shaped like a spout. Babies use their bottles for comfort and I can't tell you how much money I have spent on various cups trying to get her to give it up!!

I will try and upload a picture for you later on :))

Edited to say, I don't need to upload a pic as it is the tommee tippee one you are using now!! :D

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 1:47pm

THanks Missy, that is perfect blowkiss

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 2:11pm

:D anytime for you blowkiss

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 11:19pm

:hugs:

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 11:26pm

Some useful threads worth reading here...

Beaker advice please ....

Beaker cups???

ellied

Monday, September 24th 2007, 12:50pm

T still has a bottle on occasion and we normally use the Avent bottle with a spout for milk drinks - spout exactly the same as the Magic Cup spout. This is because he likes milk a little warm and Avent bottles are safe to put in a pan of boiled water to warm up. Likewise the NUK soft spout cup that has removable handles so that the bottle part can be warmed.

T won't drink juice, so milk or water are his tipples. We've tried cups and open topped beakers, but he's a bit messy still and doesn't consistently want them. He'll use any old sippy cup now, but he wasn't keen on most until 14 months.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE