You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Glitzy" started this thread

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 8:41pm

Working annualised hours

I am going back to work in March and have just agreed a new contract where I work a 28hr week- however I will be working annualised hours meaning some months I will work a lot more than others depending on how busy we are. Has anyone else worked annualised hours and if so how do you work it round childcare? I am going to use a childminder but I know I am going to be very lucky to find one who will be so flexible.

Thank you xx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 8:43pm

No hun have not hear about that at all. I work 28 hours too, and i do work it over a six week period and my weeks do vary but i'm lucky to have mum to help out. My friend uses a childminder though and luckily she is really flexible. xx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 8:44pm

Can she move to Fife lol???

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 8:46pm

Tee hee!!! Go with a childminder who doesn't have many kids, so that way she will be willing to have M often to earn extra cash :D
Mum of 3 year old twins.

Ethel

Star

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 8:54pm

I know my friend had to do that and what she did was pay the same amount each week but some weeks the childminder had them less than other weeks. You probably find hun as you are having her for 28 hours anyway she wont take on many more kids ie as in a 35 hour week she only have 1 day left.

Have you looked on the website for childminders - its brilliant - just put your post code in and it tells you all the info on different ones and for me it was good because if i get a school child it says what schools they go to etc

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Chil…PPC&cre=Parents

I enquiried generally re someone having a the child more on school holidays than school term time and some charge by the hour so you just pay them as and when but others say charge a set amount each week so its the same through term time and school holidays but sort of events its self out as they have them more in the holidays - hope that makes sense

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 9:42pm

Thanks Ethel - we were thinking that the best way would be to pay a weekly fee - will just be rotten the weeks I am off to have to shell out the money. Hey ho - will have a look at the link - thanks.

Diddle - thats not a bad idea lol!!

I am a bit panicky about childminders as I just got a list of ones in my area and the woman 3 doors up from me is on it and sounds wonderful on paper... however.. I often see the kids just playing out on the street unsupervised, if she is there she is normally smoking around the kids, her dh is always around and walks around half naked (he works on his car in the street a lot in just trowsers)- she also helped me the day my house flooded and her and her husband were here for about 30mins and i had heard her shout to her oldest boy "mind those kids" - her boy is about 8 years old - it wasnt till i went back to her house with her that i realised no other adult was there. I just worry that all childminders are like this. I knows thats daft of me but how do you know???? Her report says she is a non smoker who does day trips etc - i see those kids playing out the street on their own most days whilst she is eithet no where to be seen or there with a fag in hand. She bears no relation to the lady I just read about on the report - how do i know who i choose is behaving the way she claims?? I know I am a fusspot but he is my baby and I just want the best for him.

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 9:52pm

OMG- First you need to report this lady.

Second try to go with reccomendation, don't book an appt just just turn up, ask to spk to parents of children they are/have looked after. xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 9:57pm

Do you think?? She really is a nice woman but just not what she claims on paper - i dont know what goes on indoors though.

I think I will ask around at my mum & baby group - never thought of that! Thanks D xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 10:12pm

Yes i would defo repoprt her, even if it informal, i would be devestated if i knew i had left my child with someone who claimed they didn't smoke and who let my children fend for themselves, i shudder just thinking about it. xx
Mum of 3 year old twins.

Ethel

Star

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 10:54pm

Thats terrible hun. I know someone thats kids go to a childminder and she is always saying how good she is but does mention she says "bloody" quite alot

Well i asked my friend who is in the same circle as this childminder if she knows her (ie all go to school gates etc) and she said yes - she wld not let me use her as she is not nice person and texts when crossing the road with the kids etc). The other lady seems happy with her but I think i will take one my best friend's word

Def best to ask around locally

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE