You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 2:21pm

Things to do with babies

There must be more things out there to go along to with babies?

Yeah there's baby centres and paents and toddler classes

I'm getting a bit bored of taking him out for a stroll in the pram as i go for a long walk nearly every day with him and it all gets a bit same 'old! :(

I saw on the TV once a special cinema that mums could go to where they showed a film once a week and it was so mums could go and watch a film and take their L.O's with them, and no-one minded if the cried because they had their babies there too! :) :]

what a fantastic idea!!

Does anyone else know what else there is to do during the day? i dont think my cinema does anything like that :(

Jessica x x

Bon

• "Bon" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 2:28pm

There are baby massage classes, Baby signing, alsorts of things and lots of swimming pools etc have creche's - once Alex has had his Jabs you can take him swimming!

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 2:30pm

My cinema doesnt either but my friend found one in London which did and she said its great!!

Thats not helping you though, right?

Well soon he will be old enough for swimming - discuss with your health visitor when you can take him.

Mother and toddler groups (although I hated that!)

Go with a friend for lunch?
x

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 2:30pm

I cant wait for swimming!! :D:D:D

Jessica x x

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 2:31pm

RE: Things to do with babies

Quoted

[
I saw on the TV once a special cinema that mums could go to where they showed a film once a week and it was so mums could go and watch a film and take their L.O's with them, and no-one minded if the cried because they had their babies there too! :) :]

what a fantastic idea!!

Does anyone else know what else there is to do during the day? i dont think my cinema does anything like that :(

Jessica x x

They might not do one now but why don't you suggest it? I organised a special screening once at my local independent cinema at which the lights were a bit brighter than usual so that knitters could watch and knit. it was a big success. You don't get if you don't ask and there are probably loads of new mums in your area who are crying out for something to do just like you.

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 3:17pm

most things like baby signing etc you can't do with a newborn :(

I know what you mean, I've been looking for stuff in my area, and its really limited

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

secrets

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 3:47pm

The babies are way too small for things like that.
Once they have had their jabs you could start to look for things to do.

Geneally thou' you may not find anything that starts until they are 3+ months.

Happy Hunting
xx
icsi - m/c 05
icsi bfp 2009 twins born nov 2009

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 3:48pm

Jess they do that at my local cinema, its in Bury though so a bit far for an afternoon out for you! Its and Odeon though so maybe your local one does it. Their website is www.odeon.co.uk and there are contact numbers for all the cinemas.

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Thursday, February 9th 2006, 3:56pm

they do the cinema thing at my local area. it normally every thursday and you can take your baby and a friend with you. it only cost 3 pounds. eliana, me and her dad are going next thursday. i hope dd like it.

victoria

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Friday, February 10th 2006, 9:08pm

i take ella to a parent and child group. ive taken her from being about 5 weeks old. she obviously cant do much but it get her used to the noise and they have baby gym's and seats etc which she can go in.

jo

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Friday, February 10th 2006, 10:23pm

I don't do anything!!!!!!!!!

Other than shopping!!!

Didn't fancy toddler classes.....

just play lots at home xxxxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, February 10th 2006, 10:30pm

I don't do anything either.

I went to a toddler group a couple of months ago and the other Mums just carried on chatting among themselves while I sat on the floor and entertained their children :rolleyes: I didn't bother going back.

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Friday, February 10th 2006, 10:40pm

Not my idea of fun!!!!

I can't wait untill i can do art and crafts with them.........painting and sticking.......so much fun!!!!
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Friday, February 10th 2006, 10:51pm

I cant wait to take him swmming!

My baby centre was cr*p!

they basically told me to leave after they'd weighed him!

Jessica x x

Reg: May 7th 2011

Friday, February 10th 2006, 11:21pm

thats bad jess some clinics are like that. do you have a sure start round near you as they are really good, a friend of mine goes to them and they do classes like cookin, swimmin, drawin and stuff like that it really is good. if there is one near you it might be worth givin them a try.

emma

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Saturday, February 11th 2006, 6:16pm

i the baby where you have them weighed is like that, its in the sure start centre that they do the groups but on a different day
jo

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Wednesday, February 15th 2006, 11:43am

I went to a mother-and-newborn-baby group, not particularly because I wanted a group to join, but I found a couple of mums there who I really got on with, and then I started to get to know them individually and we now have become good friends and meet up just the two of us (with two babies of the same age). We're getting to know the local cafes pretty well - it's a good way of having a bit of adult conversation but letting the babies get to know each other (in time).

So, my social life tends to be one toddler group a week (more for my toddler's benefit than mine as they have more toys/activities than I have space for at home), the creche at the gym once or twice a week, and tea/coffee at home/other people's home/cafes with other children of similar ages. It's a good mixture for the child, I think.
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Monday, February 27th 2006, 8:45pm

The cinema thing sounds fab! Though I dunno if it goes on local to me.

Been to a few parent and toddler groups - very clicky I must add! Thankfully I knew a few people from my antenatal class so catch up with them there sometimes. Also do lunch with a few of the noraml girls I met at antenatal. As for swimming, impossible with 2 babies and 1 mum!!!

Tried a music class to - unfortunately she was focusing on kiddies about 18 months so my 2 just got annoyed when she took their musical instruments away from them as they were only allowed to play with them for one song! Non stop screaming then! Boring, dull songs also - think I can do better prancing around the front room!

Beth xx

First ICSI 2005 worked! Mum of twins

FET March 08 - BFN

Rufus

Star

Children: One son, aged 8, daughter 1

Monday, February 27th 2006, 8:56pm

Hi Jess, i don't know if it works the same in England as NI, but here if you take a less than 1 year old to the library (and your kid joins) you get a free book starter pack.

The library near me does story time for little ones and 4-7s. Parent and Toddler groups are worth perservering with, they do take a month of going to begin to know anyone though.

Hope that is some help! Lol Lesa xxx
Keep smiling :happy:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rufus" (Feb 27th 2006, 8:57pm)

Reg: Nov 14th 2005

Tuesday, February 28th 2006, 2:24pm

i didnt bother with any parent toddler groups ! ... we made our fun at home, the park or garden, or met my freinds and their children.

saying that though, my son joined private nursey at 6 months. They loads of things with them from painting to christmas concerts !

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE