You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "cookie" started this thread

Saturday, November 10th 2007, 10:53am

my lil man is feeling left out

i feel terrible! spud hasnt been himself since i got home on tuesday...he is very teary and sad alot of the time, he loves his new sister and hugs and kisses her lots but he just seems so sad! ;(
i try hard when spud is around not to make a huge fuss of little H and i make lots of time for spud and we have regular hugs and conversations.....i dont know what else to do.

he wanted to go and play with the little boy next door and he was putting his shoes on in the hall, i went in and he was sitting there crying quietly to himself and tried to hide it when i walked in by wiping his eyes quickly and trying to smile. my heart broke, my poor baby is feeling sad, i asked him what was the matter and he said he just felt sad he doesnt know why :sadface:

i dont know what to do to get my happy boy back........ any ideas ladies please??

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, November 10th 2007, 11:35am

Oh no K, I'm sure you are giving them equal attention, its just a hard transition for him to make, he had you all to himself and now he has to share.

I'm sorry I don't really have any words of wisdom, but when my sister had her DS2, DS1 smacked him on the head when he cried and told my sister to send it back! They are now the very best of friends, it just took a few weeks for him to adjust. I'm sure he loves H to bits, can he help you bath her or push the pram around the park. Also did you buy a present from H to give to Spud when she was born?

Big hugs hun

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Saturday, November 10th 2007, 1:00pm

willow, I have no experience with such an age gap, but I would say "give it time"... he's going to need time to adjust and also to realise that you are there for him.

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 10th 2007, 2:01pm

Could it be that it's been a very busy and exiting week and he's actually just very tired?? Combined with the huge jolt of having another person come to live in 'his' house ...and the fuss and visitors, crying in the night and Mummy recovering from being in the hospital (a place where people go when they're poorly right?) it could just be that he needs those extra hugs and a bit of normality?

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 1:28pm

Same happened here too hun ...
Broke my heart to see T so down, and it's so confusing for them as they're really happy about the newbie(s) but it makes them sad for some reason.

It does get easier though, took T a couple of weeks to come round .... best thing for us was to get T to help out ... fetching nappies, letting him choose what their outfits for the day. He loves holding their hands when they're sat in their chairs, and they never take their eye's off him (bit early for H yet, but it'll happen)

You also need to speak to any visitors before they come round and make sure they say hello to D before H, and they tell him what a fantastic big brother he is, what a big help he is to his mum. If they bring prezzies for H, they should bring one for D too (if not, that they give the prezzie to you out of his sight).

T has also started reading his school books to the babies (sooo cute!!!), might be something nice for you all to do?