You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Rosie1976" started this thread

Reg: Jul 5th 2006

Friday, November 16th 2007, 12:40pm

finding weaning so hard with two!

hi twinnies and more!

have started weaning this week properly with first tastes etc, but finding it so hard with both of them yelling for it at the same time! Does it get easier when you have them in a high chair? I currently have them in their rockers and trying to balance two bowls and spoons and feed them is a nightmare! I thought I was so smart getting them to eat at the same time when it was just bottles, but now I am regretting it!

Any tips??!!

Rosie
xx
me 32 PCOS, DH 39 all good
trying for 3.5 years, 12 months clomid, 1 m/c April 05, Fresh IVF March 06 BFN, FET Oct 06 BFP - Twins!! Littlebits born 29.05.07 and 30.05.07 :]

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Friday, November 16th 2007, 1:12pm

RE: finding weaning so hard with two!

Am I being thick?!

Why not 1 bowl, 2 spoons?

Friday, November 16th 2007, 1:13pm

because big boy would end up eating the lot.. at least with two bowls I can see who has had what!

have seen in Tesco one bowl with a divider that could solve a few problems..!
trying for 3.5 years, 12 months clomid, 1 m/c April 05, Fresh IVF March 06 BFN, FET Oct 06 BFP - Twins!! Littlebits born 29.05.07 and 30.05.07 :]

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Friday, November 16th 2007, 1:15pm

Aaaah ... I see!!

The divider bowls sound good too ... And I would have thought high chairs woulld be much easier ...

xxx

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Friday, November 16th 2007, 1:35pm

highchairs only work if they can sit up independently easily enough!

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Friday, November 16th 2007, 2:28pm

Hmmm

feed one at a time - or delay the evening Chow time until DH comes home!

The special feeding spoons are narrower and are good because you can shovel er place the food in the mouth - letting them have a chew on the spoon

k
DAD to twins

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Friday, November 16th 2007, 2:32pm

Hun my best advice to you is one bowl one spoon!!! It is so much easier and lets face it they are that close they share germs anyway!! I fed like this for ages one mouth full each and try not to fuss about one having more, they will equal themselves out eventually!! xx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Friday, November 16th 2007, 7:29pm

Yep one bowl and one spoon all the way, I just alternate between each baby eg 1 spoon for Ruby then 1 spoon for Sebbie etc etc. xxx

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Friday, November 16th 2007, 8:16pm

Bringing back all those weaning stages with twins!

one bowl, one spoon defo! Molly would always be the moaner (still is!!) for more food & I wasn't rushing enough for her! but they have to learn to wait. just do a bigger bowl of food & then big boy will have more?

I know someone who did 2 bowls 2 spoons, madness!!! she looked such in a pickle until me & my twin friend said one bowl one spoon!!

I fed mine at the same time, everything at the same time. otherwise it take forever!

I fed mine in bouncers then when they sat up (7 mths) in highchairs & it was easier at that age, as it's a new thing for them & they found it exciting!! I nearly poured yogurt over Molly's head once as she was so inpaitent!!! :O
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Nov 16th 2007, 8:16pm)

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Friday, November 16th 2007, 8:42pm

Could you give them some finger food at the same time? Chunks of banana to hold etc.. Or even just a spoon. I do this with DD when she is playing up when I feed her and it distracts her attention so I can shovel the food in! And before anyone slates me (not that any of you would), she mostly feeds herself now with sandwiches etc.. but at 5 months or so, I was spoon feeding.

Saturday, November 17th 2007, 4:49am

mrsj - oh, even now with DS#1 we still have to distract him if he is in what we call a crank... you know that mood, or perhaps not yet :snigger: it's great.... :innocent: mither mither mither whinge whinge whinge oh look bashy box thing yum oh that tastes ok after all oh alright then but just one more spoon whilst I bash this box

8)

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Saturday, November 17th 2007, 9:15am

No we have that mood already. Its the 'I'm tired and nothing, but nothing is going to stop me from being grumpy. Sing to me all you want, shush me, feed me my favourite things... but you're wasting your time. I'm in bad mood and I'm going to make sure you suffer too' mood. What is she going to be like as a teenager?

Sorry for thread-jacking. I'll go now.

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Saturday, November 17th 2007, 9:21am

Ihave a wife like that !
Sometimes ..........
DAD to twins

Saturday, November 17th 2007, 9:30am

ha ha!! thanks so much all, I think one bowl is def the route to go! Am loving the faces they pull when they first try something new!!

thanks again

Rosie
xx

Saturday, November 17th 2007, 11:19am

hahahaha

have you had pear-poo yet?!

Rae

Star

Reg: Apr 20th 2007

Children: 4

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 3:59pm

This brings back memories - I used to feed my 2 with one bowl and one spoon in high chairs next to each other.

You wait until one of them starts blowing raspeberries with a mouthful making the other one laugh and visa versa - mealtimes used to take forever lmao - funnily enough I didn't find it funny at the time!!

Me 40
DP 43
twin boys born '93, dd born '98 [zx076]

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE