You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ethel

Star

• "Ethel" started this thread

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Wednesday, January 2nd 2008, 3:57pm

Working whilst receiving SMP

Really thick question here but does anyone know if you can work whilst receiving SMP

I am hoping to have 9 months off but my boss just asked me as little johnny will be in school and they have a big project to do in June for 2-3 weeks, cld i come in and do it whilst just doing school times. She is not the office manager or anything so does not know rights but wanted to ask me before she checks.

I said i dont think i cld because i will be getting £104.00 odd a week for being off for not working at all (I am blown if i am going in for nothing) - it wld obviously be classed as being back at work wouldn't ie and if i got paid any extra wld be classed as fraud as wld go through the books

There is no way i cld do it is there and i am not messing up my benefits just for 2 weeks work

Thanks

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

Children: if only!

Wednesday, January 2nd 2008, 4:02pm

RE: Working whilst receiving SMP

You can work for 10 days whilst receiving SMP - these are classed as 'keeping in touch days'.

Any further days on top the initial 10 will lose you one week of SMP for every week that you do any work in.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits…#alreadygetting

best wishes

Mousie x

Ethel

Star

Wednesday, January 2nd 2008, 5:53pm

ohh thanks for that Mousie, much appreciated xx

Ethel

Star

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 11:42am

Well work have confirmed i can def do this - so if they do need me on an odd day i will go in - ie with LO being at school can work round it or get DH to pick him up - least it will be extra money

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE