You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, July 3rd 2009, 9:55pm

Quoted

Originally posted by philippa_s
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have I just told you something you didn't already know :snigger:

:poke:

Yep, I got one from Chilli but I think it had a bit missing ?( Anyway we had some Mothercare vouchers left over so I bought a new one which does have the plastic let down massage doo-dah thingy.

Is it just too weird to ask DH to pump when my hand starts to ache. Actually don't answer that one....I reckon I know the answer :snigger:

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Michelle

Friday, July 3rd 2009, 9:57pm

Yeah i lean forward too - looks a bit silly but gets the job done quicker.

Bubble, when you start weaning your dd, remember to let your dh know when you've mixed ebm into something. I didn't and my dh thought he'd have a taste of C's porridge.....i've not laughed that much for ages!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Friday, July 3rd 2009, 10:03pm

Quoted

Originally posted by bubble

Is it just too weird to ask DH to pump when my hand starts to ache. Actually don't answer that one....I reckon I know the answer :snigger:

I'm pretty sure mine would have jumped at the chance lol.

My bro once tasted my ebm unwittingly when he was looking after Em once. I wasn't there but apparently he was never sick when he was told lol

P x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, July 3rd 2009, 10:26pm

Nice!

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Friday, July 3rd 2009, 10:35pm

Hi Bubble, have you tried expressing from the breast that baby bubble has just fed from as soon as she comes off ? That way you'll get hindmilk. :smile:

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, July 3rd 2009, 10:35pm

Ooh, another question.
(P you might be able to tell me something else I didn't already know :snigger: )

What teats should I be using for baby bubbs? I used the newborn ones as I don't want it to be too easy for her (evil mother I know!) and it said that they could be used by any age. Is that right and/or fair on her?

ETS - Hi Chris, sorry we cross posted. No I haven't yet. I will try that, thanks.

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Friday, July 3rd 2009, 10:47pm

If you express for 10mins or so immediately after every feed and just keep adding it to what you've got in the fridge you should get a reasonable amount, and since it's all hindmilk it won't take much to fill her up.(tough if she's only thirsty though !! :chortle:)
And why shouldn't dh help ??

Friday, July 3rd 2009, 10:58pm

What bottles are you using?

I use number 2's on tommee tippee one's but not for milk (only water...and yes, I know she should be using a sippy cup which she does at meals but she enjoys spurting it everywhere so resorted to giving her it in a bottle). You can get variflow ones so you can just take it as quick as she needs/ wants to.

However, I did give her some today in a boots bog standard bottle and number 2 teat she dribbles far less with them. They are a lot longer than the closer to nature ones.

I think she's probably past the age where she will get nipple confusion or want a bottle cos it's easy. By now, and from what you said earlier about not really wanting to take a bottle, she probably much prefers her milk from the source

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

I should have said as well that if bb doesn't take a bottle she can take it from a cup.
It just takes a little practice holding the cup at the right angle for her. Or you could use a spoon--she'll suck the milk off :yumyum:

What does ETS mean??

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fi'smum" (Jul 3rd 2009, 11:00pm)

You can get a doidy cup that helps ^^^^^^

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, July 3rd 2009, 11:04pm

We're using avent ones.

I think I might try a cup thanks both (I'll have a look at those doidy ones, they're the ones at funny angles aren't they?). She tried to grab and drink my bottle of water yesterday but wasn't interested when it was milk so perhaps a cup would be better, especially as she'll only be having it occasionally.

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Saturday, July 4th 2009, 8:28am

Quoted

Originally posted by Fi'smum

What does ETS mean??

Edited to say

Phillipa, I was half joking about taking to the hair dressers.

Michelle

Saturday, July 4th 2009, 3:29pm

C has a doidy cup too that i got in John Lewis (really cheap as well, only about £3) and she's getting the hang of it!
Otherwise i'd say variflow teats Bubble, they seem to need a bit more effort.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE