You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "sharon77" started this thread

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Friday, February 15th 2008, 9:19am

Sugar Content in Baby Food

Hi All

I cant believe how much sugar goes into baby food compared to normal food, i am really shocked :shocked:

1/2 RUSK (reduced sugar) 3.0g :shocked:

2 X WEETABIX ONLY 1.7g :D
1 XTESCO RICH TEA ONLY 1.2g :D

100ml COW & GATE SUMMERFRUITS DRINK 8.3g :shocked:

100ml ROBINSONS APPLE AND BLACKCURRENT ONLY 1.2g :D

i have given up on baby yoghurts, they all seem crammed with sugar :shocked:

luckily I make all e-m's meals, so i know what goes into her food,
i thought there should be a law or something as to how much sugar manufactureres should put into baby food
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Friday, February 15th 2008, 2:44pm

It's dreadful isn't it???
Instead of flavoured yoghurts, you caould try buying natural yoghurt and mixing it with some fruit puree- just as nice but loads less sugar.

There is a range of foods called goodies organix. they do lots of nice things which don't have any rubbish preservatives or extra sugars etc- i think theyb do a rusk type bisciut so you might be worth a look??

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, February 15th 2008, 2:47pm

Ooh yes, organix are great! Lolly has their gingerbread men and raisins (as the other boxes of raisins seem to all have added sugar) Available at Boots and they usually have offers on! :D

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Friday, February 15th 2008, 5:04pm

I made my own yoghurt yesterday...
Boiled 1l milk, let it cool down to around 41 degrees
Put in 2 tablespoons of my friends yoghurt that I love (so I get the same culture) and left it in a tupperware for 16 hours wrapped in a wooly blanket...

Lo and behold! Yoghurt!

Just stuck it in the fridge and will have it tomorrow morning. Z loves it and it has got 0 added sugar and nothing else, no stablilisers, nothing :)

We normally make soured milk like this in the summers but yoghurt works just as well!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, February 15th 2008, 7:00pm

Make a vow to only give water or for a treat, water with a few drops of pure fruit juice. Just forget that cordials and flavoured waters exist. If you do it now you'll have children who will drink gallons of water, if you don't they will be the ones in the school playground sulking because schools don't allow anything other that water to be drunk.

Trust me, I know children who drink absolutely NOTHING from 8.55am to 3.30am five days a week...

...it all starts now...

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Friday, February 15th 2008, 7:14pm

This is why i made all my own food. The best yog's i have found are little rachels, and sainsburys do some good childrens ones without sugar.

One thing that annoys me is when people say i'm cruel for not allowing s and b to have sweets and crisps etc. But i would rather they enjoyed other foods and just had these things as a treat. They love fruit, raisens, they do have biscuits, but i try to buy the organix range ones.

Oh and bells.....yes just water for mine too!! They do have flavoured water occassionaly, and have had the odd glass of squash. xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 9:57am

I only give water partly for the sugar thing and partly because she throws it everywhere!

It is outrageous how much sugar is in food marketed for children. And I don't understand why, if they never have it, they never miss it. DH got baby rice pudding once instead of baby rice when she was 'ickle, it was full of sugar. I tasted it, it was soooo sweet it made my teeth ache.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE