You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

secrets

• "secrets" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, March 3rd 2006, 5:28pm

help 11 going on 21

Hi

Not sure if anyone has experiences with 11/12 year olds
DS as much as i love him - seems to be going through a stage where he doesn't care about me anymore, I talk to him everyday, and I am used to the mother and son chats. They seem to go copute, he doesn't want to know anymore, and our daily games of poker and blackjack have been thrown out of the window 8o

he told me he is growing up and has to make his own step in the world?????? why??????????????
icsi - m/c 05
icsi bfp 2009 twins born nov 2009

Friday, March 3rd 2006, 6:36pm

Secrets,

I have a 6 yr old son, and I am dreading him growing up and him not needing me as much anymore, but I do think the only way to look at it is you must be doing something right if he feels confident to start taknig his first steps in the world.

Have a [zx252]

Me:34 DH:40 TTC 4 1/2 yrs
Secondary infertility
Blocked tubes and high FSH
DH's swimmers borderline
1st ICSI Aug/Sept 05 - abandoned due to poor response
2nd ICSI Oct/Nov 05 - BFN
3rd ICSI May/June 06 - BFN

This is the end of our ttc road :(

Children: DS Born 2002 / DD Born 2010

Friday, March 3rd 2006, 8:03pm

Aw secrets - sorry this is happening hun.

I guess from his age that he's gone to "big school" now? So maybe he's now just feeling all grown up and trying to establish a "cool" image to fit in with the other boys at school, maybe some act as if they are not close to their mum (although they obviously are) but maybe he's taking it too far?

I don't know as I haven't been there (yet!!)

((((Hugs)))) to you x

Me - PCOS
DH - Poor Motility & Morphology........
ICSI 2001 - DS / 2009 - DD - Our family is now complete :) :)

secrets

Friday, March 3rd 2006, 10:54pm

Thanks Grippy/Chicks

This evening i was still baffled, so i decided that we should go out, so we visited a friend then went out for pizza (not me as on a diet lol ;))

we chatted- if you count 'oh mum' and 'why are you talking to me, there are people around act cool' oh and ' don't talk there's that girl i know hee-hee'

i thought i was in Grange Hill ?(

When we got home around 10pm, he hid in his room, didn't see him until he decided he wanted to go on MSN and speak to his friends.

ur right, he is in big school now so he thinks he is grown, so what can i do???? I just don't want to loose my little boy....I know he will get big one day - but not now, it's too soon....bring back nursery I say!!! :D
icsi - m/c 05

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Saturday, March 4th 2006, 2:41am

oh bless

but ya gotta let go at some stage hun, cos otherwise it'll end up like my family where my father feels that I am still his little girl and thinks he has the right to interfere between myself and my husband of 11 years! 8o... and my mother whinges that since I started seeing DH that her & I are not best friends anymore....no-shit!....causing major family fall outs! :rolleyes:

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Saturday, March 4th 2006, 8:16am

omg secrets. so he told you he is growing up and had to make his own step. 8o he sound very sweet though

i guess you have to give him a little more freedom. he is going to be a teenager soon and building a very solid relationship with him where you both can trust and respect each other will benefit him well later when he hit that troublesome stage.

victoria

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Saturday, March 4th 2006, 7:46pm

hello sweetheart, its crap that they have to do this, but it is something i reccon they all do. but i can promise you one thing, he will always be your baby, no matter how old or @rsey he will get, and im pretty sure its something he feels he has to do to look cool. my sister is going thru the same thing with her dd atm and she feels the same as you. sending you big hugs secrets, [zx127] love cookie xxxxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

secrets

Monday, March 6th 2006, 9:49am

Hi ya Girls

Thanx for the replies and idea's. Sun I didn't actually sit down and think about the implications of me holding on to 'the little boy' saying so too speak :(, yep, i gotta let go......(sigh)

I also agree with you Victoria about allowing more freedom, DS is very responsible and mature for his age (sometimes :rolleyes:), I should let him out more with his friends, but some kids these days just don't know how to behave and get themselves mixed up in allsorts - so the mummy fear has kicked in --- but hey ho, he has to learn and i am sure he won't find himself any trouble (i hope) apart from the normal teenage dramas which with boys ususally revolves around 'the latest fashions, oh and girlies'

Cookie,
How's ur sister coping at the moment?? any good ideas?

Well, we will be going to the caribbean in a few weeks for a lovely 5 week holiday, so I guess I'd better start letting go from now (in small doses ;))

It's hard :rolleyes: but I will do it otherwise I will end up being the interfering parent when he's 30 ha-haa tellin ghim how to run his life- and I dont want to be like that.
LOL
icsi - m/c 05

secrets

Tuesday, March 21st 2006, 5:06pm

Quick Update

Decided to let DS of the apron strings - so too speak, only for him to be attacked in broad daylight by a big ol' man 8o 8o 8o

I have been going mad, it happened at the weekend outside my friends mum's house, he got punched in the face for something he had nothing to do with, he just happened to be standing around at the time. DS ran into the house creaming and crying, instinctshad me (mad mother) run out of the house with a bat ready to kill......passer by told me man had driven off in a car.
DH and me found out the home which the car belonged too, I went banged on the door (as you do) after a while, a man came out, claimed the car was his (he didnt fit the description of the attacker) - i feel he ws covering up for the dirty stinkin man as we had witness reports about the vehicle.

I am still reeling, DS is okay, no bruises, but that isnt the point - you do not hit other peoples children full stop, it's not right. I have since contacted the police and hey ho :rolleyes: they are looking into the matter...............(huff)...bringing up children is so not easy........

DS is so sweet, he wouldn't harm a fly and for someone to attack him especially a man that was described as in in 30's disgusts me totally......
icsi - m/c 05

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Wednesday, March 22nd 2006, 2:00am

good that you contacted the police!
so sorry to hear your son was attacked - but that has NOTHING to do with letting him off the apron strings, just very very bad luck & timing.
you're a great mum :D

Reg: Apr 13th 2006

Saturday, April 29th 2006, 7:26am

I agree it's disgusting what that man did. He's bloody lucky you didn't catch him or the police- as I understand it if you are found to have hurt a child you get put on list 99. Not quite the sex offendors list but it means there are lots of jobs you can never do.
I think you sound a brilliant mum. Although I am not a mum myself I have taught yr 6 for a few years and in my opinion a mum who can't let their child have some independence does them no favours. Either they grow up completely incapable of doing or thinking for themself or they completely rebel and it gets nasty. I can see it in my class now!
Try to be philosphical about your son's bad experience- I think you have showed that you are always there to support him when nasty things happen and it has shown him that his step into the world has some nasty pitfalls.
m/c jan 04
m/c may 05

Diag pcos jul 05

me 31
dh 31

secrets

Monday, May 1st 2006, 10:56am

Thank you girls,
The man never got caught - or should I say the police didn't get back to me - ho hum!!!!

I will try and be as best mum as I can possibly be, lots of love and support and hope for the best.
xx
icsi - m/c 05

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE