You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

np8by

• "np8by" started this thread

Reg: Jan 21st 2008

Tuesday, March 4th 2008, 9:53am

WATER

Hello

can someone tell me why I should be drinking 2L of water a day while simming?
I am not sure of the reason behind this?

i am on day 4 of simming feeling slight twinges on the left but nothing else. i have my bloods tomorrow for FSH level and first can on day 10.

What else should i be doing for good quality eggs?

Thank for all you help.. i love this forum!

Reg: Oct 2nd 2007

Tuesday, March 4th 2008, 10:03am

RE: 2L water during simming why?

Hey there

You know Iguess its just to keep you all hydrated, so you can grow juicy eggs! With the litre of milk too, its a lot of liquid, but I regularly get told to drink up, so hey and doing my thing.

Good luck with your tx, where are you having treatment?

Cathie

xx
Cathie

Proud mum to Eric after 3 years TCC!!!

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Tuesday, March 4th 2008, 3:39pm

Being hydrated is important, but it also helps to avoid OHSS if you end up with a lot of eggs. It helps keep the balance of water in your tissues better, I believe.

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Monday, March 17th 2008, 2:18pm

2 litres of water worry

Hello ALL

I am on DR at the moment (day 6) and start stimms on 26 March.

I keep seeing on here the importance of drinking a lot of water, thing is I am rubbish at doing this. I just cannot do it!!

I am worried it will affect my chances, does anyone know why and how important it is?

Thanks
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

ravan

Star

Reg: Aug 19th 2007

Monday, March 17th 2008, 2:26pm

It is important to get your water....some one else,who explains better can tell you lol

I had the problem of not drinking enough last time,this time I have filled four, 500ml
bottles and stuck them in the fridge!Seems easier to drink that way....and I'm not looking at the 2lt bottle thinking OMG I'll never drink that!!Try it.... :D
me 37 dh 47
ds1 5/1/94
Tx since '96
3 frech isci-1 bfp(sam)
3 fet blast-1 bfp-ectopic
BFP 17/8/08
Sam born 25/3/09
1 more go at CRGW

• "bouncytigger" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Monday, March 17th 2008, 2:31pm

I'm trying to drink 2litres every day now so by the time i start D/R - i'm used to it.

I use a 500ml bottle and try and drink 1 b 11am, 1 by 1pm, 1 by 4pm and then one before I go to bed.

Keep it with you at all times and keep continually swigging - you'll be amazed how fast the level goes down!
ICSI number 5 - BFP!! :boy: :girl: arrived December 2010

BraveGirl

Superstar

Monday, March 17th 2008, 2:35pm

thank guys!

I will try it. I hope its not too late now to start upping the levels. It funny that my clinic never mentioned it but other people's must have for them to know that they need to do it.

Right, I am going to get 4 x £500ml bottles of evian on my way home and carry them round with me.

I could try to do one between 8.00-12.00 then one between 12.00-3.00 one from 3.00-7.00 and the last one before bed between 7.00 and 11.00. Ok that does not sound so hard does it?

I am on a mission! course I will be peeing for england too I imagine :snigger:
My Diary

Peppa

Monday, March 17th 2008, 2:36pm

Bravegirl
It really is important to get the water down you. My clinic told me that this was to flush the toxins out of my liver and to combat dehydration which can be brought on by the drugs. Whatever the reason though, i do know that it is important so do all you can. Two litres isn't that much if you spead it out over four 500ml bottles - one every few hours!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Peppa" (Mar 17th 2008, 2:37pm)

Monday, March 17th 2008, 2:40pm

It can help your body to avoid OHSS if you get a lot of follicles. Keeping hydrated is important for your body to be in good shape.

I also used the 500ml bottle trick and always kept them in the fridge as ice cold water is nicer than room temperature - for me anyway. Don't feel you have to drink each bottle all in one go. If you work at a desk, just sip away at it. Set yourself targets of not allowing yourself a morning cup of coffee until one bottle has gone, or not having lunch till you've finished two. If you have your last well before bedtime, you will be up in the middle of the night less often as some of it will be out of your system before you even go to bed!

Since the clinics don't mention it, it's not an absolute rule. It's good for you to be well hydrated, but it will *not* affect your outcome if you only have 1500ml a day. If you get lots of follies, do work at it though!

BraveGirl

Superstar

Monday, March 17th 2008, 3:24pm

thanks limpet and michelle, at the end of the day its a relatively small thing to have to do and I want to try and give us the best chance so I am going to build it up.

It may take a couple of days but anything more than I am drinking now has to be a good thing!
My Diary

BraveGirl

Superstar

Monday, March 17th 2008, 3:25pm

heh - I am the opposite of most of you on here.

I have to have my water at room temp or it gives me tummy ache! :O
My Diary

Reg: Dec 16th 2007

Monday, March 17th 2008, 3:36pm

Hi Bravegirl,

The water is important as it helps to reduce the horrible side effects of DR e.g. headaches and stops OHSS. It is also very important for your follicles which as organisms, need water to develop.

I too spread my 2ltrs in 500ml and end up drinking just over 2ltrs. I find it easier to drink room temperature water and it is also easier for your body as it doesn't shock your system and doesn't need as much energy to be assimilated as cold water.

Good luck and lots of babydust
xx
TTC 13 yrs; Me: 44
1-4 ICSI: BFN
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
4. IMSI Immune Dr Gorgy:bio BFP
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
7 FET Dr G 8/13: failed BFP
8 PICSI 2014 BFN
9th - Me, myself and I. Serum hysteroscopy with implantation cuts Oct 2017; Serum FET Nov/Dec 2017? I'm now on my own following shock divorce. Keeping positive that I finally get my Miraclebaby.

The end of this journey shall justify the pains. I must win this fight

Diary

SarahV

Superstar

• "SarahV" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 3rd 2008

Children: One on the way, yippee

Monday, March 17th 2008, 3:41pm

I had no idea about the need for all that water too! If it helps I find if I squirt some lemon juice into water it's easier to get through it (I never drink enough at the best of times).

BraveGirl

Superstar

Monday, March 17th 2008, 3:51pm

thanks all.

I am afraid I have another question - I seem to have more to ask the more I read.

Why do you need protein and so on when stimming? And does that include meat and fish and so on? or just milk?

ok am now going out of my mind!!!
My Diary

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Monday, March 17th 2008, 4:28pm

hi, i think its meant to help egg quality - no reason why it should just be from milk but i think milk has a lot in thats all.
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

Reg: Feb 20th 2008

Monday, March 17th 2008, 4:50pm

Hi darling. I was never told about the water thing and only read about it half way through stims! All was fine with me so don't worry! I tried after I read it but I'm just not a thirsty person! What I did was pop a straw in it and sipped bits whilst chewing the straw- made it more fun (as I am like a 6 year old obviously!). I managed about 2 glasses a day I think. I wasn't told about protein either! xxx
[zx160]Emma

Me 32, DH 28
Ectopic Oct 06- right tube removed
Endometriosis
First IVF cycle began 5th Feb 08
:BFP: 16th March bab11
:cuddle

Baby Gregory born 10 weeks early on September 20th. baby1

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Monday, March 17th 2008, 8:30pm

I've also read the water is to help prevent OHSS.

Thanks for the tip to start drinking lots of water before DR in order to get used to it. I'm going to start doing that this week now too!

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 7:45am

I'm trying to drink lots of water but my clinic says you don't have to. But I feel its important to prepare your body and get as much as possible.x

Gemma

:xxx3:

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

BraveGirl

Superstar

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 11:07am

emma congrats on you BFP - that is very recent news!! all going well I hope. Let's hope its catching too.

thanks for the tips. I bought 4 bottles evian 750ml today and am already on bottle too. Apart from the endless trips to the loo which is downstairs (who needs a gym :smile:) its not as hard as I though.

Plus I DID go to the gym last night after managing to drink 1.5 litres and my running was so much easier and I put it down to that.

All in all, water is the way to go!!

right off I go.........again............................ :snigger:
My Diary

ravan

Star

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 11:43am

well done BG...smaller bottles do make it seem easier dont they,keep it up :D
me 37 dh 47
ds1 5/1/94
Tx since '96
3 frech isci-1 bfp(sam)
BFP 17/8/08
Sam born 25/3/09
1 more go at CRGW

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 12:34pm

Hi all,

No one had told me about the water either and I only realised when reading stuff on here last week. I was then on wk2 of DR but have been trying very hard to drink all I can each day (constantly up in the night though!). Does anyone know if you drink squash if that counts?? I prefer the taste! Also, does anyone know about drinking milk and when you need to start that? I guess it's for the protein, is it best to start the milk now or wait intil stimms started? Our skin will be glowing!!!!

Thanks girls

xxx

ravan

Star

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 12:40pm

Not sure Tracey,but I'm starting now...gives me time to get used to the yucky taste!lol
me 37 dh 47
ds1 5/1/94
Tx since '96
3 frech isci-1 bfp(sam)
BFP 17/8/08
Sam born 25/3/09
1 more go at CRGW

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 1:01pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TraceyB
Does anyone know if you drink squash if that counts??

xxx
I read somewhere (can't remember where thinkthink ) that it has to be "clear" water .....i.e. nothing added to it to get the best out of it (sorry Tracey!!! I must admit I'm a bit partial to squash meself!)

I have to say i'm with you Bravegirl on the room temperature water, plus it is actually better for your body for it to be at room temperature as your body has to work harder with cold water to adjust it to your body temperature. On the same theme, my acupuncturist said to avoid "cold" foods for the same reason. The more energy you can point towards your follicles growing the better! So stick with nice warm hearty meals.

Just to reiterate though water is vital to keep your body fully hydrated and it's not just at the stimming stage but especially important after egg collection as although your follies get drained to collect the eggs, they then fill up so if you have a lot of follies you should definitely be upping your intake.

Milk is a good source of protein and zinc which are both great for egg quality and it's a liquid (obviously!) so is easily absorbed. Anything high in protein is good so if you're a fan of liver - that's another great provider! and eggs too.

That's my tuppence worth of advice!!

xxxxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Reg: Mar 10th 2008

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 2:02pm

hi ladies
I didn't drink water as well but after one reflexology session I am just drinking water very very easily, I just feel so thirsty all the time. :P
Me: 32, Hubby: 35
Hubby slightly low count sperm
Unexplained infertility
1st IUI :BFN:
2nd IUI :BFN:
1st ICSI :BFN:
2nd ICSI :BFN:
3rd ICSI probably in September

BraveGirl

Superstar

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 3:32pm

I am now on bottle three (nearly done) of 750ml!!! so totally cooking on gas today.

As for protein I love meat so I will be using it as an excuse to eat nice big juicy steaks and chicken livers and things like bangers and mash with onion gravy and carrotss and chicken pie with peas and so on - all yummy stuff.

I refuse to be a martyr to it though so I will still eat chocolate if I want to and so on. I think sometimes the stress of trying to be perfect undoes the perfect behaviour - if that makes sense!!
My Diary

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 4:10pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BraveGirl
I refuse to be a martyr to it though so I will still eat chocolate if I want to

Absolutely !!!! Chocolate is a necessity Bravegirl....when I do my injections everything gets laid onto a tray, including a big chunk of galaxy!!! clap clap

:chocs: :licklips:

xxxx

p.s. well done on the water :thumbsup2:

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

BraveGirl

Superstar

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 4:15pm

duffy - what a great idea! I have now drunk 3 x 750ml water so over the target but gonna continue on as I am now totally in to it.

Its amazing how it can be easy to form a habit, like the nightly injections and the water drinking and so on......you can tell I am a reformed smoker!!!
My Diary

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 4:16pm

...but avoid liver while PUPO, so from ET onwards. Liver has high vitamin A and thus should not be eaten while pg.

Reg: Dec 16th 2007

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 6:09pm

Milk is easy because it has high protein contents and is easily digestible. other protein are also fine meat, beans, eggs, fish (avoid swordfish, marlin, shark completely and limit tuna to once or twice a week, all because of high mercury contents.)

i also just saw Duffy's mail about liver. please avoid liver when you're trying for a baby or pregnant as it has high level or retinol, a form of vitamin A which is harmful to a developing baby.

You may find below helpful

http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/asksam/agesand…gnancy/#A219904

http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandstages/…whenyrpregnant/
TTC 13 yrs; Me: 44
1-4 ICSI: BFN
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
4. IMSI Immune Dr Gorgy:bio BFP
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
7 FET Dr G 8/13: failed BFP
8 PICSI 2014 BFN
9th - Me, myself and I. Serum hysteroscopy with implantation cuts Oct 2017; Serum FET Nov/Dec 2017? I'm now on my own following shock divorce. Keeping positive that I finally get my Miraclebaby.

The end of this journey shall justify the pains. I must win this fight

Diary

Ros

Megastar

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 11:18pm

...ok...I have a stupid question which I can't resist asking - the 'milk' that's important to drink, does it matter if it's full fat, semi or skimmed? I've only had skimmed milk for years so anything else tastes gross to me - will that do?!

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,

Wednesday, March 19th 2008, 5:19am

I was just about to write about the liver thing as I read that yesterday! I'm not sure about the milk, but I was drinking semi skimmed because I have always drank a glass a day anyway! xxx
[zx160]Emma

Me 32, DH 28
Endometriosis

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 17th 2008

Children: 21 year old son and 24 year old son

Wednesday, March 19th 2008, 8:25am

Hi
I dont mean to sound stupid but why do we need to drink 2 litres of water a day. No one told me this
Nicole :xxx:

Me 45 DF 44
1 m/c 2004
1st ICSI BFP Mm/c 11 weeks 2008
4 ICSI x 4 BFN[/color
2 x DE cycle BFN
2x FET DE cycle BFN
1 x FET DE cycle BFP!!!!!!!

BraveGirl

Superstar

Wednesday, March 19th 2008, 9:01am

hi all

thanks about the liver, I knew that about pregnancy so I suppose it makes sense not to eat it will doing IVF too.

Nicola one the posters above explains about the water - its more to do with all bodily functions need water and when stimming you need even more as you are 'making' eggs....they explain it far better above!!

no-one told me either I just picked it up on here, they did not say about the protein at my clinic either but eating good lean meat and fish cannot be a bad thing, and lots of veggie too I imagine!
My Diary

Joey

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 28th 2007

Wednesday, March 19th 2008, 1:40pm

water

I'm not a great fan of water, but do drink gallons of squash. However, I buy Rocks Organic brand - as it doesn't have any of the additives of other brands. It's a tadd more expensive though. And remember to shake the bottles before you use it. Available in orange, lemon and blackcurrant - and I think they're nice.

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Wednesday, March 19th 2008, 10:41pm

I started my 2l of water and no caffeine regime today.... so far so good and I have bought a few small bottles of evian so I can refill the bottles and carry them around with me.

The big queue for the tea and coffee stand at work also helped by putting me off getting my large cup of tea this morning!

:)
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

BraveGirl

Superstar

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:47am

aiwah - that is what I have done and to be honest its not that hard if you do it in small bottles.

I dont drink tea or coffee anyway so that part was easy for me! :smile:

let us know how you get on.
My Diary

SarahV

Superstar

• "SarahV" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 3rd 2008

Children: One on the way, yippee

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:50am

Stupid question but do you find you need the loo all the time? Like the idea about chocolate. Appel - how's the reflexology, sounds like it's working?! clap

BraveGirl

Superstar

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 3:26pm

sarah - not a silly question ans yes, I spend half my life on the loo at the moment!!

still I suppose I am getting all cleansed out which I t hink is part of the point.
My Diary

Saturday, March 22nd 2008, 12:04am

The first day enthusiasm didn't last very long.... I am still drinking loads because I am constantly thirsty now, but have started drinking more juice and squash instead of just water. Does that still count??

TWINS!!

Saturday, March 22nd 2008, 6:28am

Aiwah- just to be pedantic- you're not supposed to refill and reuse water bottles, something to do with the chemicals in the plastic (I know I've googled it before as I didn't believe it when someone told me!). I went ahead and reused them anyhow, but must admit I didn't whilst doing IVF and shant be now I'm pregnant- you never know! xxx
[zx160]Emma

Me 32, DH 28
Endometriosis

Saturday, March 22nd 2008, 6:31am

Em, there's another post about this earlier, but it said it should be plain water as much as possible for the best benefits.

I did 2 litres yesterday and just glugging down my first 500ml today! My has to be room temperature only because I have sensitive teeth! Spent the day running to the loo yesterday and when my Dad phoned and I had to go mid phone cal, he asked DH if I was pregnant, totally as a joke as he knows DH had a vascetomy and family don't know wer're doing this, but you then think... oh if only you knew!!!

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 17th 2008

Children: 21 year old son and 24 year old son

Saturday, March 22nd 2008, 10:58am

Hi
No one told me about the water but started yesterday drinking what feels like enough to sink a ship!! I have to say though I feel a lot less bloated today. I will keep on as it is great for the skin as well. Ec collection for me on Tues so I will be doing everything I can to ensure this goes ahead as I am borderline ohss. Has anyone else been told they are at risk of ohss? I am a bit worried now.
:tears:

:xxx3:

Me 45 DF 44
1 m/c 2004
1st ICSI BFP Mm/c 11 weeks 2008
4 ICSI x 4 BFN[/color
2 x DE cycle BFN
2x FET DE cycle BFN
1 x FET DE cycle BFP!!!!!!!

BraveGirl

Superstar

Saturday, March 22nd 2008, 12:55pm

you are surely kidding about the bottle thing! This is going to cost me a fortune as I am strange and don't like drinking from a glass. Right just told do we are off to makro to buy water. Not sure he is impressed. Also today I an going to buy some comfy tracksuit to wear when I have ec and et.
My Diary

Saturday, March 22nd 2008, 3:10pm

I'd heard that too about plastic bottles. I use a sports water bottle which can be washed and refillied. Also because it's a funky colour, it brings a little bit of excitement to my water drinking!!

Peppa

Saturday, March 22nd 2008, 3:55pm

Bravegirl - its funny, i've just got back from makro where i bought 48 bottles of water! My DH was not impressed either as it was really busy in there!

Nicole - i'm an OHSS risk too but i think it's best not to worry about it too much. I got a mild case after my clomid cycle and worrying about it made the symptoms feel a whole lot worse for me! Make sure you start drinking lots of water now and carry on throughout your tx. Also be aware of all the symptoms and contact your clinic immediatly if you become concerned.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Saturday, March 22nd 2008, 4:19pm

I've seen it on the side of bottles before- do not refill- but for ages I thought it was a ploy to make you buy more of their product! :snigger: Anyway- not worth the risk is it? Mind you, if we believed everything we heard and read we'd live in a bubble made of sterile polythene.Oh well, best get back to washing my veg in Milton!
[zx160]Emma

Me 32, DH 28
Endometriosis

Saturday, March 22nd 2008, 4:37pm

Thanks for the heads up about the bottle thing - I was aware of it, so when I am at home, I drink from a glass. I'll only fill up a used bottle for when I am going out and even then will recycle it after about 2-3 re-uses. It's just a bit crazy how some places can justify charging up to £1.20 for a 500 ml bottle of water!! (Fortunately our staff canteen only charges 55p! :p)

Back on the water again today! :happy:

TWINS!!

Peppa

Saturday, March 22nd 2008, 4:41pm

My DH has just been to Sainsburys and says that they have an offer on Buxton - 16 500ml bottles for £3, bargain! He's even more annoyed at having to go to Makro now as we could have got it round the corner!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Ros

Megastar

Saturday, March 22nd 2008, 5:03pm

Hello, I've just been reading about the water bottle issue. It seems that everyone is drinking bottled water. I had assumed tap water was ok. Or am I wrong? ?(

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Saturday, March 22nd 2008, 5:27pm

Hello Ros,

Jeeze i hope its ok to drink tap water - having to buy all those bloody bottles to drink that much every day is gonna skint me before i start!! Besides isnt tap water better than bottled??? For one its free and another it has nothing at all in it???

I hate drinking that much and havent even started yet :8o: - suppose i better get cracking then

:cheers:

Opps! Not allowed that either - this is soooo dam hard ......... :scream:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE