You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "lulu27" started this thread

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 1:13pm

food ideas..what did your lo have to eat today??

I feel that i'm always giving S & R the same to eat, they have a snacky lunch eg dairylea sandwich/cheese on toast, and then a peice of fruit and then a hot tea of eg fish fingers vegetables and pots, or spag bol and then a yoghurt.

Have tried ham in sandwiches they just spit it out, any other sandwich ideas??
Can you give me an idea of what your little one had to eat today or will have, to give me some inspiration and an idea of what to buy in the supermarket. What other desserts can I give other than fruit or youghurt??

HELP!!!

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 1:34pm

Hiya Lulu, I know what you mean! I always seem to be giving L the same sort of foods too!

She loves omelettes and will eat them til the cows come home!They are quick and easy too and can be varied with fillings such as cheese, mushroom and ham or even left plain :happy:

She loves cauliflower cheese and I add a little bit of pasta in there too to bulk it out, shepherds pie is great as you can make up one big batch, spoon it into small freezer bags and you've got about 6 meals there, same with spag bol, if you do the pasta at the same time all you have to do is defrost and reheat!

What about a mini jacket potato with cheese and a bit of lettuce cucumber and tomato as a finger food side salad? Beans on toast?

Sorry, now I come to think of it I don't really give her cold foods other than sandwiches so may not be much help after all!!

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 2:38pm

Potato cakes, fruit toast, panckaes, M&S childrens pizzas (or make your own), tuna sandwiches, sardines in tomato sauce mashed up on toast, mild curry, M&S chicken teddies (noticing a theme here?), make chilli with mince, veg, beans and tinned toms, spoon a bit into abowl for your LO then add the spices afterwards (although DD loves spicy food), omlettes...
Fruit and yogurt are the best puds to offer IMO but I do use organix fruit purees, summer pudding and custards, and heinz fruity custards too. Fromage frais, but watch out for sugar and other 'fillers' in petit filou.

Missy

Superstar

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 2:54pm

Ooh mrsJ Lolly loves M&S curry and oakham chicken pasta. They are handy for sending to nursery :happy: Also has Mooch had their cheese dippers? Loverly!!

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

lulu27

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 3:07pm

ah that's brill girls so it's ok to give kiddies ready meals?? They would make life so much easier as i'm not cooking a huge amount of food whilst dh away. if I make spag bol I have some myself and then refridgerate the rest and reheat the next day that's ok isn't it?? I cook the pasta fresh for them as it only takes 5 mins!! I'm wierd I dont like freezing and reheating even for myself I dont know why but I only really like fresh food! Am doing them minced beef pie mash potato and steam fresh veg tonight. They dont really seem to eat a huge amount now is this normal as their major growing has calmed down?? The dog seems to get most of their food at the mo but they are still sleeping 6.30-7.30 so cant be hungry. Also they still have a 9 oz bottle in the am and another before bed till what age do you keep giving the milk can I give it for years to come?? (obviously will change to a cup soon)

Missy

Superstar

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 4:12pm

Lolly doesn't drink much milk now, but if I had my way she would! I keep her calcium intake up with lots of dairy. :smile:

I've actually no qualms about giving ready meals a couple of times a week, I get Lolly either the 'good stuff' from asda or ones from M&S as I've looked and these have the least additives and salt in them, heck I'd rather give her 2 of these than one mcdonalds french fry!! (Bit partial to them myself, but I never have them if Lollys with me as that wouldn't be fair!) :snigger:

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 4:24pm

M&S ones are fine because they only use real food, not crap. Their spag bol is blummin lovely. I can't make it that nice and I know plenty of Italian restaurants where its not that nice. Mooch loves it, in fact I will try and post a pic of her covered in it later! I often save a bit of our tea to reheat for her the next day if its something suitable. Rissotto is good too. Mooch went off her bedtime milk ages ago so now only has about 5oz in the morning and 7or8 in the afternoon. I make sure she has yogurt every day and/or cheese too though. She still has a bottle because she likes to shake it everywhere and I don't want the whole house smelling of stale milk! I know its bad for her teeth but she is really good about having them cleaned.

I've just remembered that I made Mooch a 'pizza' yesterday. I split a bread roll in half, spread a bit of tom puree on it, put some chopped mushroom and peppers on a then some cheese and put it under the grill. She loved it, you could try that.

Missy, we have tried the shepherds pie, which she also loved. The fish cakes she wasn't too impressed with, I think they were a bit bland for her. We only have a small M&S so they don't seem to have the others. Will have to visit a bigger branch and stock up.

Missy

Superstar

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 5:09pm

Ours is a new one, but the one before was very limited. Haven't tried the fish cakes TBH but Mooch sounds very much like Lolly and likes things with a kick!

Also, our local butcher does fresh mini beefburgers, which she loves in mini breadrolls with a bit of cheese on! :D

Pizza sounds fab, will try that tomorrow! :happy:

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 8:06pm

I fed boys in asda cafe today as was running way behing schedual and would never have made it home without been screamed at all the way.
They wouldnt heat the asda lunch i bought as they are have "industrial microwaes"
so the boys had mash Pots beans and veg, which they scoffed,followed by rice pudding, there dads mash some cottage pie, an a banana each. :D
They LOVE sunday lunches so I make a couple a week M will eat carrots ad swede mashed together till in comes out his ears and J shoves roccoli in his mouth so its poking out the sides :D so funny
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Children: Twin Girls

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 8:24pm

Great Thread!

Mine have home made spagl bowl, shepherds pie, bangers & mash & gravy, fish fingers waffles/rice & beans, roast dinners with fresh veg, omellettes, I too am not really concerned giving them a ready meal once a week were we are in a rush!!! also they love noodles stir fry with broc,peas,sweetcorn,mushrooms, Tesco Finest mash is lovely, M&S spag bowl too like the other girls have said, M&D love them, also M&S mini casseroles are nice with fresh veg,

Lunch - is so boring sometimes!! Mine have cheese, ham or NUTELLA!!!!! :innocent: breadsticks with a dip on the side, cheese & crackers, peppers, cue,toms, they love Matzos with butter, soup, have you tried that? Hotdogs in mini rolls,

It does feel like I give them the same thing all the time, but they enjoy it.

M&D love their milk, they have 1 pint each every day, (AM&PM) so that's about 18oz each of cows milk in a beaker, have only just changed from a teat bottle to a beaker!! :innocent:

Adsa do "Great Stuff" little meals that are good, also Lulu have you tried them on "Little Dishes" really good ingredients, no crap but are expensive at £2.49 but as you have twins they share everything!!! my two loved these when they were your twins ages.

HTH

xxx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Mar 20th 2008, 8:26pm)

lulu27

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 8:37pm

Am getting loads of great ideas thanks girls, but am also glad to hear that everybody feels the same about variety so i'm not an awful mother lol!!! Tried omelette but they dont like it yet, Lisa what are little dishes never heard of that. Have given them the Asda ones but live nearer a tesco and have to say they dont have a range of kids chilled meals that i've noticed!! Might try noodles never thought of stir fry great idea, and cheese and crackers brilliant they'll love those as they love their cheese, mind you it has to be the mature stuff as wont eat mild, fuss pots!!!

I give them melted cheese on toasted muffins for lunch sometimes could make a pizza type thing on those perhaps, can I just ask are Skips and quavers ok??? Not a whole bag each but just a handful to go with a sandwich, also mine sometimes like a little rich tea biscuit is that ok to give them those once in a while?? It's my nanas fault how come older people always want to ply them with biscuits and cake??!! She cant understand why mine only drink water and is always trying to give them radio active coloured orange squash!!!

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:13pm

Glad to help Lulu,

Tesco do "little dishes" have a look at this. http://www.tesco.com/superstore/xpi/9/xpi59198049.htm

http://www.tesco.com/superstore/xpi/8/xpi59198018.htm

http://www.tesco.com/superstore/xpi/2/xpi59198182.htm

there's 5 to choose from

Also yes mine have quavers/skips/wosits, they share a bag 2-3 times a week with their lunch but not everyday, yes of course it's ok to give rich tea biscuits, mine love a cup of tea & a biscuit (DE-CAFF TBAGS)....

Stiryfry is such a quick meal, I put a splash of light soy sauce, they love it..

Also crumpets for lunch, maybe with honey...cheese on toast....dh likes making them cheese,toms,spring onions on toast with lea perrins!! also mini baby bells have you tried them?

I think Asda do the "little dishes" they are £2.29 in tesco, girls fav use to be fish pie.

Pud's - mine love tinned fruit cocktail, or tinned mango, custard, ice cream, rice pudding.

So much food to give!!

xx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Mar 20th 2008, 9:18pm)

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:21pm

I have got really bad with my twos diet just lately :sadface: yes me!! :innocent: I seem to be giving them loads of quick foods, jacket spuds, toast, sarnies etc. Really need to get my arse in gear and sort out some proper meals.

Desserts are easy mine always have fruit or natural yoghurt or ocassionaly little rachels flavoured yoghurts. xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:27pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Diddle
I have got really bad with my twos diet just lately :sadface: yes me!! :innocent: I seem to be giving them loads of quick foods, jacket spuds, toast, sarnies etc. Really need to get my arse in gear and sort out some proper meals.

Desserts are easy mine always have fruit or natural yoghurt or ocassionaly little rachels flavoured yoghurts. xxx

:8o: Well, C I thought I would never hear YOU say that!!! am very shocked!! there's nothing wrong with giving toddlers a little taste of nicer food occasionally!! Mine have had party food for 2 days this week but they are BIG girls tommorow!!!

it's all that jewellery making your doing, thrown you off track, get back in the kitchen!!!xxx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs

lulu27

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:30pm

Thank you, my tesco hasn't got those bloomin meals, just searched their site. Yes they love babybels, your a star to be honest i've been reassured that what I give them is what most people do. Dont get me wrong I do cook them a nice meal a few times a week but I assumed every mother is cooking all day long cooking proper 100% organic foods. Diddle I tried them with natural yoghurt the other day it was so funny Seb's face was a picture he didn't like it bless him. Was so much easier when they just had milk lol!!!

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:31pm

I know i think you just get complacent sometimes, i will go shopping tom and cook up some batches of things. Might try them with stir fry thats on ething they haven't had. Tried them with my omellettes and they weren't keen. xx
Mum of 3 year old twins.

lulu27

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:32pm

Oh Lisa are they 2 tomorrow??? I cant believe it where did the time go??!!!! Happy birthday Molly & Daisy for tomorrow!!! Are you having a party?? Post birthday pics if poss would love to see them!! xxx

lulu27

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:34pm

I find it hard Diddle as dh away and don't really make big hot meals for myself so cant give them what i've made for me, theres nothing wrong with the odd quickie meal, i'm sure they dont complain xx

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:37pm

Am really pleased I can help as well Lulu, I think all mums feel guilty when they buy a quick ready meal, be it ready mash or M&S spag bowl, but I sometimes it's a little easier to shove it in the microwave occasionally! I certainly wouldn't do this every day & enjoy cooking from stratch sometimes, I don't believe mums that say they only buy oragnic or stand in the kitchen all day!! they just don't want to admit they are like every other mummy!!!!!!!!

thankyou, yes, I will post some pics in our babies when I get a chance! so exciting being 2!!xx Yes, had 2 parties this week, tues & today! they were great, girls got excited & danced holding hands & kissing each other!! they are such good friends! x
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Mar 20th 2008, 9:41pm)

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:39pm

Quoted

Originally posted by lulu27
my tesco hasn't got those bloomin meals.

You could do a internet shop? is your tesco a big one, trying \sking when you next go? I think Sainsburys do them.
x
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:39pm

Blummin eck i can't believe they are 2 tom!!! xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:43pm

Nor can I!! ;( ;( my babies are big girls now!!x
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs

Binky

Star

Reg: Aug 27th 2006

Children: 1 beautiful Little Girl with help from clomid.

Thursday, March 20th 2008, 9:44pm

How about sausage cassarole? I use a splash of oil. with 2 peppers, garlic and onion, when they are cooked through I add 2 tins of chopped toms, and I use 6 chicken oxo to 1 pint of water (or more if you prefer) bring to the boil and splash in some worcester sauce I then brown off sausages and add them in and stick it in the oven to thicken up! lovely with mash and yorkies.

Cheesy mash with beans, do some mash add as much cheese as you like (sometimes i add boiled onions to) mash it all up put it in the oven for a little while, serve it up and add some beans on the top.

How about getting some chicken gougons and breadcrumb them, and make some potato wedges, with sweet potato and normal potato.

SANDwiches, Libby will only eat them if every thing is seperate, so buttered bread and then the ham/chicken/turkey, seperate. She has a small hand full of crisps.

Puddings - Fruit smooties, and creamy ice cream too as this one has the calcium in it! Fruit smoothies and frozen into icelollies!

home made burgers.

oh and I get the meat and gravy packs in asda (boil in the bag things/microwave0 and on a lazy day I will do one of those with gravy 2 veg and yorkies. I only get frozen veg, like cauli, broccoli, sweet corn, peas etc.

Oh Libby loves corn on the cob!

BTW I am the same as you I hate re-heated food! yuk

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE