You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Rosie1976" started this thread

Reg: Jul 5th 2006

Monday, March 24th 2008, 12:55pm

Feeding themselves

Hi all

Dilemma - my two are great at meal times and love their food. However, I use one bowl and one spoon and off we go. Am conscious that they need to learn to feed themselves, and wondered how twinnie parents did it - two bowls and two spoons and only one pair of hands equals a lot of mess! Any tips out there?

Many thanks

Rosie
xxx
me 32 PCOS, DH 39 all good
trying for 3.5 years, 12 months clomid, 1 m/c April 05, Fresh IVF March 06 BFN, FET Oct 06 BFP - Twins!! Littlebits born 29.05.07 and 30.05.07 :]

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Monday, March 24th 2008, 1:30pm

one bowl with finger food and I just hand it to them piece at a time, same with sandwiches, fruit etc
:innocent: tbh i havent dared try with spoons so i will be watching this thread for help.
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Reg: Nov 14th 2006

Children: Twins boy and girl

Tuesday, March 25th 2008, 9:26am

Hi Ladies

Im not at that stage yet, thank goodness...But i did used to work at a nursery and most of the time we had to feed 2 babies at the same time...If i can remember correctly the very young babies about 9 months to 1 year, they obviously had their own bowl and spoon and we just alternated between the two... Then when they were about 18 months to 2 years they fed themselves but we helped them if needs be....

Hope this helps, but be prepared for lots of mess ha ha

I hae started to feed mine their bottles in their bouncers as they want their food at exactly the same time....But i feel that they dont digest it as well, plus they fall asleep so you end up not winding them...I then worry about them not winding properly... Did you find that with your two???

Lizzy
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Tuesday, March 25th 2008, 10:05am

I fed mine in chair and as they finished - or started to nod off i would pick them up winded and put them back sometimes helps if they leave a oz or so of milk so when you put them back in chair they have a littlke bit of milk left but not enouht to need winding again. :happy:
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Tuesday, March 25th 2008, 12:18pm

Hmmm - this is interesting

We have started to give them finger food - Ricecakes and rusk etc -
apple, banana cucumber and mango -

Generally we we feed them in our laps- but are about to progress to High chairs -

We give them a spare spoon to practice holding - and it keeps them busy while we shovel the food in !

they are just starting to grasp the bottles and hold them properly now -
DAD to twins

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Tuesday, March 25th 2008, 12:51pm

Z started feeding himself around 7 months. I hardly ever used a spoon, just fingerfoods like broccoli, apples, bread, peas etc, I just let him pick the foods he wanted.

He started using a spoon at nursery (2nd day there I look in through the window and he is sitting feeding himself??!)

I think this should work for twinnies too!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Tuesday, March 25th 2008, 1:43pm

Mine have benn feeding themselves with a fork and spoon but only in the last few weeks, it's messy but fun!!!

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Tuesday, March 25th 2008, 7:57pm

RE: Feeding themselves

Hi Rosie,

This is how I did it, gave M&D plastic spoons from 6 months & bowls on their highchair just to play with so they got use to cutlery, I did always use one bowl one spoon, to tricky with two of each, at 14 months they started feeding themselves yogurts & then proper food with a spoon & fork, I found it alot easier when I bought booster chairs, so we all sit at the table & they have more space it's great how they copy you, when M&D were about 18 months they learnt to swivel spaghetti round on their spoon!!

You will get loads of mess with yogurts, but just strip them & have plenty of wipes!!!!!!! it's fun.

xx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Mar 25th 2008, 8:00pm)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE