You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Winter83

• "Winter83" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Nov 28th 2017

Tuesday, November 28th 2017, 4:59pm

Help please?

Hi Ladies

I'm new to the forum today and I'm looking for your help. I don't want to gatecrash your thread, I've read all your posts and everyone is so supportive and helpful so I hope you don't mind!

I'm away to start another round (our last) of ivf in January with Aberdeen Fertility Centre and i'm trying to do everything i can for this last round to work!

A little bit of my story, I've had 6 failed iui's, first round of ivf i got pregnant but sadly my daughter was stillborn (unexplained). I then went on to have a failed cycle, a miscarriage after a fet and now another failed cycle in September.

I don't seem to have any fertility problems apart from a low egg count (i'm 34). I'm getting the scratch done again and this time i've asked them to use embryo glue. Is there anything else i should be asking for? or be tested for? Has anyone been tested for natural killer cells? If so how did they go about it?

Thank you for reading and good luck to everyone.

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Tuesday, November 28th 2017, 8:01pm

Evening!

Hello - i think i was a bit to quick to say my symptoms have eased perhaps i was just having a good couple of days as im back to being yuk which i am relieved (in a way). I got my 12 week scan date for 18th December which feels a lifetime away so i rang highland ultrasound in Raigmore and they can squeeze me in for a scan tomorrow (ill be 9+4), so will be nearly two weeks since my last scan so hopefully the little one has grown loads.. im super nervous and scared!

One of the midwives called me on Sunday evening and I’ve tested postitive for Group B Strep and i have a UTI so i am on antibiotics for it, meanwhile my mum has just been discharged from hospital (she has leukaemia) she was in with a terrible stomach bug which she has tested positive with C-Diff so i am trying my best to look after her and also to keep my distance as well and then my poor wee frenchie got spayed a month ago and we noticed she hadn’t been herself so she is going through a false pregnancy and has mastitis and has been quite poorly and daily vet visits for jabs but i think she appears a lot brighter tonight! I’m due back to work on Thursday but i rang my doctor today so they will call back tomorrow and i think i will just take another week off as the thought of work on top of how i am feeling plus life Feel i need it and i can catch up on my uni work too!!

Welcome Winter83! I’m so sorry for what you have been through, you have had such a rough time, you seem a strong woman and well done for having the strength to continue!
Personally i believe embryo glue plus an extra progynova tablet to thicken the lining and support the pregnancy was what worked this time for us, although not out of the woods yet this is the furthest we have come.
I know that Aberdeen will run blood tests to test for abnormalities with both you and your partner, generally after 3 miscarriages. However i am not sure about the natural killer tests, another girl on this page Rodeogirl went to London (i believe) to have the test done and i am sure she had to pay for these as I don’t think they are not on the NHS or carried out at Aberdeen, def something to bring up as they might be able to advise you but i think i will delay your treatment.
If you have time to pass scroll back and read through her posts as she is very informative!
Will you be starting a fresh cycle?xx
Seven transfers later..

Baby bambi due December 7th baby2

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Tuesday, November 28th 2017, 8:14pm

Oh my bambi85 what a time your having, bet you can't wait for your scan to show you how well your little bean is growing, but totally understand your nerves!
Cdiff is a horrible thing your mum will be washed out, does she know bout baby?

Winter83, welcome please join in! You have great courage and strength!

Xxx

Winter83

Tuesday, November 28th 2017, 9:08pm

Hi Bambi85

Thanks for your reply. I’ve spoken with the clinic and told them I want the embryo glue this time, I didn’t know about it until I read this forum! It will be a fresh cycle, I asked the clinic after the last failed round round if my lining could be the issue but they said it wasn’t and I will be on the maximum dosage of drugs but i will ask them if there is anything else I can take to get my lining thicker just incase. Thanks for the info and congratulations on your pregnancy, good luck for your scan tomorrow.

Hi Hello and thank you. The days are still difficult, we miss her terribly but we have to move forward for us to have a family.

Tuesday, November 28th 2017, 9:34pm

It must be so hard but totally understand that you need to move forward and your little girl would want to see that too! I totally believe that having a hot water bottle in my abdomen really helped through stimulation first round I didn't and got 10 eggs second round I did and got 20 eggs mite not be related but one of the nurses recommended that and also my husband to give his sample no longer than 2 days so sperm fresh and our fertilisation level was better! Xxx

Winter83

Tuesday, November 28th 2017, 9:49pm

I will definitely give the hot water bottle a try! So did you use once a day? Thanks for the tip. The most eggs I’ve produced is 6 and the least is 2, fertilisation rate hasn’t been too bad the last round I got 4 eggs and 3 fertilised. I’ve only ever had 3 day transfers because they haven’t got a lot of eggs to play with they can’t take them to day 5.

Tuesday, November 28th 2017, 9:57pm

My little girl is a result of a day three, after my first cycle we only 1 three day embryo to transfer the rest fragmented! The second cycle we transferred a day three and froze 8. Out of we tried to take to day 5 I have one transferred at moment and the rest weren't suitable for freezing! I am so glad I had a day three transfer on my successful try and would have went for day three this time but it was the embryologist! Xx

Winter83

Tuesday, November 28th 2017, 10:09pm

My daughter was a day 3 too, I just wish I produced more eggs so they can take them to day 5 and pick the best but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

I spoke with the embryologist and she said she would be transferring 2 eggs on day 3 on my next round, which I’m fine with.

Ooh exciting when do you test? Fingers crossed for you! Xxx

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 8:15am

My test date is the 8th of Dec so ages away, I can't see me last lasting that long before testing but I hope I can hold of as long as possible xx

Winter83

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 12:46pm

Hi Hello

I hope the time passes quickly for you, do you think you will test early? Can I ask if you don’t mind telling me, how many of the progesterone pessaries do you take? On all my cycles I was on 2 but is there an advantage to using more? One extra so 3 a day instead?

If anyone else has any thoughts on this, I would be interested to hear.

Xxx

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 1:49pm

Hi winter83,

I am going to try not testing early but if I do it will only maybe be a day or 2.

Re progesterone, I will confess I take three the clinic don't know that but I read somewhere before my successful treatment that sometimes two is not adequate and people sometimes need three or 4 so I took 3 one every 8 hours. And I am doing the same. I have been lucky enough that I always had left over from previous cycles and I will just order next week from my gp incase it's positive since my test date is saturday. I will run out next Friday by using three a day! Xxx

Winter83

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 4:10pm

The wait is so hard, the more cycles I do the worse I get. I google all the time and get myself so worked up, I’m going to try and be calm on my next cycle. At least I hope xmas and shopping is keeping you busy?

That’s interesting, thanks for letting me know. I will be doing that for my next cycle, I have leftover pessaries too!

I’m just waiting for my period and once it comes I can phone to get the scratch booked. I’m on day 29, last month I had a 36 day cycle I hope that doesn’t happen again!

Xxx

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 8:19pm

Just thought id come on and update you all.

Had my private scan this afternoon and sadly confirmed my gut feeling that the baby has died.

I'm broken in a million pieces

xx
Seven transfers later..

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 8:24pm

Oh bambi85,

I am heartbroken for you, I am lost for words! Have you managed to contact your g.p/ midwife xxx

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 10:23pm

The sonographer at Raigmore went a got another nurse to confirm and she then gave me a nhs scan to have on record to save me having to go back tomorrow and the early pregnancy unit will be in touch in the morning, guess I better ring Aberdeen to update them too! Life is a bitch! Xx
Seven transfers later..

Thursday, November 30th 2017, 9:21am

Oh bambi85 i am trurly sorry and lost for words! Take care xx

Winter83

Thursday, November 30th 2017, 10:04am

Hi Bambi85

I’m really sorry, I hope your doing ok. Take some time to yourself, don’t worry about anyone else. Plenty of cups of tea and chocolate or maybe wine!

If you want anyone to talk too, you can private message me or I can give you my number. Mother Nature is a shitty person!!

Take care xxx

bubbamo

Reg: Apr 5th 2015

Thursday, November 30th 2017, 11:10am

X

Aw so sorry to hear that news Bambi, I was routing for good news for you. I too follow this thread and am truly amazed by all you ladies strength despite what you've been through.

I am struggling to find that strength it has to be said. I am almost 6 years on with multiple failed fertility treatments, 2 failed fresh IVF and 1 failed fet cycle too. Currently waiting for hysteriscopy and then to begin a 2nd FET.

It's gut wrenching and so fricking difficult to accept an unexplained fertility diagnosis. I've know idea what to do next if the hystetoscopy shows nothing although I need the info to complete the full picture for my own sanity if tgat makes sense. I have PCOS but otherwise both hubby & me have no other issues, egg & sperm quality are good and we make good embryos. They sadly just dont implant. Anyone habe similar story??
IVF 1 NOV 2015: :BFN:
FET 1 JAN 2016: :BFN:
IVF 2 JUL 2017: babydust

Thursday, November 30th 2017, 11:18am

Hi Bambi,
Just passing by and so heartbroken for you.
Take care and surround yourself with people that care for you xxx

Thursday, November 30th 2017, 11:47am

Hi Bubbamo,
It really is frustrating. I often wonder if we are implantation too. We've had 7 failed iui, 1 fresh ivf with top notch 5day transfer and all bfn. Just had a FET so we will see. I'm not terribly positive. The clinic think it's just bad luck but i don't know. Hope the hysterscopy goes well and maybe you get some answers. Xx

Reg: Mar 6th 2017

Thursday, November 30th 2017, 5:17pm

I'm so so so sorry to hear this bambi what a shame life can be so cruel u take care of yourself big hugs to u xxxx

Thursday, November 30th 2017, 9:23pm

Thanks for your kind words, means a lot xx

Raigmore have been in touch and explained my options, I preferably wanted a D+C again as its quick and over with but they cant fit me in for the procedure until next Wednesday and having stopped my meds i feel crampy already and think i wont last that long and I cant emotionally go through passing it naturally so she said they can do a MVA (never heard of it before) on Monday, which is a manual vacuum aspiration basically the same as a D+C but i would be awake and just have a local and can be quite painful. I am so scared and will probably lie there with my eyes tight shut, crying!
I feel i might start this weekend, maybe for the best.

This really is a big game of snakes and ladders!

Hope everyone else is doing ok, good luck for your upocoming scan Kimbers85 and hello i hope your little one is burying deep and growing xxx Good luck Beattie02 xx
Seven transfers later..

Friday, December 1st 2017, 7:56pm

Take care bambi85! Xx

Winter83

Saturday, December 2nd 2017, 6:31pm

Hi ladies

Has anyone been taking pregnacare? If so did you have a problem with your periods being late? It might be a coincidence but since starting pregnacare and omega 3 and co-enzyme q10 my periods have been late. Last month I had a 36 day cycle and so far this month I’m on day 32. I don’t know whether to stop them and go back to seven seas which I never had a problem with. What do you think?

Thanks xxx

Saturday, December 2nd 2017, 9:12pm

Hi winter83, didn't do my cycleany good I am always 30 days and I was always late! Xx

Winter83

Saturday, December 2nd 2017, 11:05pm

Hi Hello

Was it the pregnacare? Did you stop them and take something else?

Xxx

Sunday, December 3rd 2017, 7:32am

Morning yes it was pregnacare, I switched back to folic acid and normal multi vitamin. Next month I was back to normal cycle! Xx

Sunday, December 3rd 2017, 12:48pm

Hello everyone hope ur all fine bambi been thinking bout u hope ur OK big hugs x had our private 9 weeks scan yesterday and all is great measuring right on time and strong heart beat was over the moon also he/she was moving around x next is our 12 week scan on 21st Dec right before Christmas xxx

Winter83

Sunday, December 3rd 2017, 3:37pm

Ok thanks Hello, I’ve stopped taking them and have bought a different type this morning. Thanks for your help.

That’s great news Kimbers85, all the best for the 21st xxx

Kums17

Reg: Jul 27th 2017

Sunday, December 3rd 2017, 5:44pm

Hi Bambi,

I'm short of words. I feel so so sad, I can't even imagine how you feel. Please take care of yourself and be strong. I know it's easier said than done, but it will do you good.
I will continue to pray for you and keep you in my thought. May the Lord comfort you and give you that which you so much deserve.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Welcome83 winter and I wish you success with your next cycle. I wanted to suggest coq10 as I have read a lot of success stories about it, but I see you already use them. I also read about people upping their protein intake during stimulation, it might be worth trying.

Congrats Kimbers.
I am blessed beyond measures.

Sunday, December 3rd 2017, 7:35pm

Thank you for your kind words kum17 xxx

I’m doing ok just going through my usual miscarriage mental checklist of what I did differently or didn’t do..

You guys talking about pregnacare and omega3 got me thinking as I was taking both up until around 7 weeks, (when the babies heart stopped beating) when I read in my book “How to grow a baby and push it out’ that cod liver oil and liver pate etc can cause birth defects so I assumed my omega 3 was cod liver oil.. so I stopped it immediately and then today I’ve been looking it up and it can help prevent a miscarriage and wander if my sudden stop of omega 3 could of caused this?

I really wish we could be tested for things we might be lacking during the early weeks such as monitoring our progesterone levels, folic acid etc as im certain it was something minor that caused it? Or I am at the blame stage in my grief..
Seven transfers later..

Winter83

Sunday, December 3rd 2017, 7:50pm

Bambi85 I would very much doubt that stopping taking omega 3 would of done any harm, at the end of the day it’s only a nutrient and you would still of got that nutrient through other foods.

I do know how you feel and you can’t help blame yourself, I’ve been there infact I still am. But sadly you might not get any answers and when you lose a baby and the doctors can’t tell you why it’s devasting.

Have you spoken with the clinic?

Xxx

Winter83

Sunday, December 3rd 2017, 7:52pm

Just to follow on from my pregnacare post, in case anyone else is having issues with it. I didn’t take a tablet this morning and I got my period tonight. Now I doubt it would of been out of system that quick so I don’t know if I had taken one this morning I would of got my period of not or if it’s just a coincidence...

Xxx

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Monday, December 4th 2017, 11:24am

Morning ladies

I got a lovely PM from Hello last week so thought I would pop on and say hi to everyone. Wow, lots have been going on in the last few months and I've had a very quick read though all the posts.I almost don't know where to start without making notes of name and who is doing what! Welcome to everyone who has joined and good luck to you all and will kepe everything crossed for you. Bambi I'm heartbroken for you as we have been through so much together at similar times over the years. That's awful Raigmore are taking so long to get you admitted. The only thing I would say if you are going for MVA is a friend had it and it wasnt nice to listen to the manual pump going. The second time she had it done, she asked for Fentanyl like they give you sometimes for egg collection and then you won't remember anything about it all afterwards. It might be good to push for testing on the embryo too just to see if anything shows up. I'm just so gutted for you as i thought it was your time. Step B is a common cause of late miscarriage and stillbirth and there was a campain to try to test all woman in very early pregancy a while back. Were you ever tested in previous mc? I was swabbed with all of mine just in case. massive hugs to you and happy to chat if you need a shoulder to cry on. I hope your mum and dog and a wee bit better too xxxx

Going back to various posts about Pregacare Conception, the Omega 3 actually reduces inflammation in the uterus but you still need a little bit to help with implantation. Once you start taking the Pregacare for pregnancy it comes with a balanced amount of Omega 3 as a second tablet as they say this is needed for fetal growth. I took it separately along with Pregacare Conception for months before too and did one cycle without it. What I was told in Coventry was to be very careful with taking extra vitamins and tablet on top of Pregacare as they have a balanced amount of everything in the tablet but when you self prescribe with other thins ontop, you can almost overdose on some meds causing other problems. Me and DH took Ubiquinol which is a more pure form on Co Enzyme Q10. Basically the body processes Ubiquinol in an easier way with a lesser dose than you would have to take if you took Q10. To get the correct amount of Q10 you would need to take massive amounts. Ubiquinol is not cheap but we bought it on Amazon and in pure for from somewhere in Gibraltar I think it was. As far I know a protein diet after transfer is supposed to be really good too.

Bubamo, I'm so sorrry about all your history. Ive had 2 hysteroscopies so if you would like to as anything, ask away and I'll try to answer any questions. the waiting list for them was around 5 months last time I had mine in May. Hope you don't have to wait that long and it gives you some answers. The waiting and the unknown about what is going wrong is horrible. if only we culd wave a magic wand to get some answers.

Someone asked about natural killer cells testing too, sorry it was quite a few posts back. We went down to Coventry to see Dr Jan Brosens and Professor Quemby. They are the leading experts on recurrent mc and NKC testing along with all fertilty things. The one thing i would say is that lots of clinics offer a blood test for this but thats a complete waste of money as everyone had NKC in the bloodstream to fight infection and cancer cells. The only reliable way to test for this is to have the uterine biopsy. I wont lie, it's really sore and worse as the stupid secretary forgot to tell me to take paracetamol and ibuprofen before hand but it only lasts for 15 seconds and it includes getting the endomentrial scratch at the same time. My test came back negative for the cells and any deep routed infections which was great but if you do test postive, Aberdeen will arrange with your GP for you to be started on steroids to be taken after transfer and for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. If you need to know anything else, please ask.

Hello good luck for your test date and hope you get your sticky bean and thanks for your messages.

For all the lucky ladies and and mummies to be, hope you are all keeping ok and doing well. Can't wait to hear how you are all getting on in the future. Sorry for anyone I've missed, too many names to list you all personally and while I'm skiving at work! lol.

Our update is that we haven't heard back from Aberdeen again about this other potential egg donor but they did say there would be wait and they knew in the meantime we were going to make enquiries into adoption. We had a meeting with our local adoption manager which was really informative and they wanted us to attend a 3 day introduction course in Nov but infortunately DH was away with work and I had a prior engagement I couldn't get out of so it's now looking like it will be March before they run the course again which is frustrating as that will have been a 6 month waiting since our initial meeting. It will be good to get some further information from them though before we make a final decision as to what we want to do. On the downside of IVF I discovered a firm mass in one of my breasts but not a lump and developed a lot of pain over the last few months in it. I got it checked by my GP last week and said it had appeared a few months after stopping the IVF drugs. I was worried as I was on 10mgs of Progynova last cycle as my lining wouldnt thicken up this time which was a high dose. The pain seems to be in the first half of my cycle up until ovulation then it goes but my breast feels really firm. She wasn't sure what was going on so has referred me for an urgent ultrasound and mamogram. I've heard of IVF drugs causing cysts before so I'm hoping it's something like this and nothing too serious and hoping they will see me before Christmas too so I know then what I am dealing with! So ladies If I can offer once piece of advice, is keep checking your breasts too as well as worrying about what is going on 'downstairs'.

So love and hugs to you all and will keep checking in for updates to see how you all are. Take care

xxxxx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

Winter83

Monday, December 4th 2017, 7:53pm

Hi Rodeogirl

Thanks for the info.

I’m sorry to hear what your going through and I really hope you get seen soon.

Take care xxx

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Monday, December 4th 2017, 8:20pm

Thanks Winter83. I’m trying not to stress too much at the moment but will probably go into panic mode the night before my appt. DH has just reminded me we’ve got BUPA cover through his work so he can phone to ask if I can get seen quicker if I want to? I’m not sure though if they will see me as if it was the ivf meds that have caused it, then it’s fertility related and they refused to do my hysteroscopy privately because it was fertility related. :-( . Hopefully I’ll get an appt soon.

Take care too xxx

blowkiss

Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 11:47am

Grateful for the 2 months of pregnancy..

Hi rodeogirl i have missed you!!
I am so sorry for what you are going through, i would definitely try and push with BUPA as its only a possibility it might be the fertility drugs, worth the try and hopefully your urgent appointment will come through soon. Our journey has been so long and eventful, you have been my rock through it and have guided me and kept me sane, i am so thankful you have been there for me xxx

Yesterday was quite a tough day and im so glad its over and hope i never have to go through an MVA again! Similar to an egg collection but without the strong painkillers (only paracetamol and ibuprofen) and they wouldn’t given me any type of sedation as then it would need to be done in more of a controlled environment. I hadn’t thought about it too much over the weekend so when we went into the ward it suddenly hit me ( I started to panic and imagine the worst) and we were to wait in a waiting room with other people coming in and out for various appointments, I wasn’t going to go through with it as with my previous D&C as soon as i those tablets dissolved under my tongue to soften the cervix i started passing clots and the thought of that happening whilst sitting in a waiting room, so i almost went to get booked in for a D&C but would of had to wait until Thursday so i thought im here lets get it over with, its 10-15 mins and that’s it done. The nurse went out her way and got me a side room to myself which i was so grateful for and then my OH had said there was a girl in the waiting room and he noticed she had something in her mouth so obviously she was there for a MVA too and was on her own,i felt for her as i certainly couldn’t go through yesterday without my OH at my side. Janette a nurse i had seen before remembered us and volunteered to come in with me so i was ever so grateful and it was soon over, we treated ourselves to a massive Pizza Hut which we sat and munched in the car before the long journey home. I am so grateful for the support i have, from my OH, family and on here i certainly would have given up long before now without all the support. It’s hurt me more this time as there was a wee life starting there, a wee heart beating but at the same time i am taking it as a positive as its the furthest we have came and all the times before its been an empty sac so we are capable of making new life, just hope the next time (with embryo glue) has a better chance and stronger. The pregnancy tissue they retrieved yesterday will get tested and they said its will get cremated with others and then scattered in a memorial garden which i thought was such an amazing thing to do, it was very early and it wasn’t even a feutus yet but it gives you a nice feeling there is a part of me and my OH somewhere out there. I’m emotional and hormonal today...

We still have 2 frozen 5 day blasts, so back to waiting game for our next transfer.

I am feeling rather guilty for being such an aburden to my work, as my journey is far from over and over the last two years i have had my fair share of sick leave due to ivf, mc etc
One part of me wants to leave and just work my bank position then i am not an nuisance but then i miss out on maternity pay, full sick pay etc do i need to be selfish and just carry on as i am? Or do i speak to my work and maybe leave? I wish I didn’t have such a conscience and was more thick skinned or hard faced. Life is crap!!

Sending my love to everyone, hoping to hear some good news soon Hello xxx
Seven transfers later..

Winter83

Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 1:17pm

Hi Bambi85

I hope your doing ok today.

That’s good you have 2 frozen, take your time to let your body heal especially your head. The biggest mistake I made was jumping into another cycle not long after I lost my daughter. I wasn’t ready and it was the most stressful cycle.

With regards to your work don’t feel guilty, you have been through a lot. Do what’s best for you and makes you most comfortable. I’m not back to work, I felt it was too stressful going through ivf and dealing with my grief, I feel better getting myself to a better place in my head and that I’m doing all I can to take home a healthy baby. But everyone is different and you might feel better being busy.

Take care xxx

Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 2:25pm

Take care Bambi85, glad you have frozen blasts but be kind to yourself!!!xx

Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 7:00pm

Take care bambi85 and rest up xxxx

Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 8:38pm

Hi Bambi,
Been thinking about you, hope your ok.

6dp5dt and period started tonight I'm gutted (again!) I never seem to get to test day

Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 9:08pm

Implantation bleeding? Don't give up beattie02!

Xxx

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 9:52pm

Hi,
I thought I'd check in today since I started my ML yesterday and I had hospital appointment today, making me think of you ladies.

First of all, oh Bambi85, my heart nearly stopped when I read your terrible news. I'm so sorry I didn't see it earlier... I'm devastated for you, since I really thought that this was 'IT' for you as well and everything was going to go great... ;( I do like your positive outlook in saying that at least this is the furthest you've managed to go and yes, you are able to get pregnant. I wonder though what kind of tests should they do about the causes of the MC.... does it have to do with the cervix not being able to support the pregnancy or what? Surely they should be able to find out these things.... Anyway, my thoughts, hugs and prayers are with you, as I often think of you and wonder how you're getting on. Oh, and about your work, I know what you mean about feeling guilty, but don't. This is YOUR time and your health and wellbeing comes first. Sometimes you get people off for months because of stress. I think you have a more than valid reason to take time off for this. Surely is in your rights!

Hello, fingers crossed for you! I hope we hear good news at the end of the week!
Rodeogirl, glad to hear from you again too. I have missed seeing you here too! All the best for that test happening soon and hopefully nothing to worry about. You've been through enough!! So no indication at all of how long you'd have to wait to hear from the other possible donor? That's worse! If they tell you 6 months, it sucks, but at least you have a date in mind. Otherwise, it would drag and drag waiting to hear! I really hope you get some info soon, in order to help with all your options and decisions to make!

About the Pregnacare conversation, I have to say, maybe it does affect length of period, since I was getting nearly to 40 days, when I used to be quite regular between 28 or maybe 30... However, I would say be very weary of what 'Google says' or what you read that 'works' for other people on the internet and start taking other things on your own account without consulting doctors/nurses, as it might be making things worse in your case instead! Every person is different... I only took the Pregnacare Conception and nothing else. I did exercise and had a very healthy diet before my last FET (the only thing that was different from previous attempts, as we were following a programme to be more active and nutritionally healthier), trying to balance macros to: carbs 30%, fat 30% and protein 40%. I probably eat worse since I got pregnant than I did by then, with all the nausea and just eating what I fancied! Eating protein is very important, so it's something to take into serious account and consideration if you're vegetarian. I have also heard doctors commenting that in terms of fertility, the vegan diet is by far the worse. Eating a variety of foods will give you the nutrients you need, except for the folic acid and vitamin D that we need to take a particular amount everyday, so that's why it's easier to take in a tablet. Everything else, I'm really weary about it, unless I have been told personally to have it. Same with dosage of drugs, I would always check beforehand, just to be safe!

I'm on my week 32 and had appointment this morning at the hospital. We have been told to come back next week as one of the babies seems to have less amniotic fluid than the other and want to keep monitoring the situation as it might affect the blood supply too. Consultant said no to be alarmed, but to make us aware. This might bring the delivery forward to 36 weeks or so.... We'll see what's it like next week.

Hugs to all on your different stages of your journey. Xxx
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 6:50am

Thanks sunflower77,

Great news that's you on maternity leave you have done so well with working so long with twins! It's good news the hospital are keeping an eye on you and the boys. Are you having a section?

Are you all organised xxx

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 2:37pm

Hi Everyone

Oh Bambi, I'm gutted you had to go therough an MVA but thank goodness they managed to give you a side room to use just in case your cervix dilated quickly. I'm the complete opposite with Misopristol and completely resistant to it and it has no effect on me either vaginally or orally. My cervix had to be dilated with rods for each of my ERCP's post mc and for my hysteroscopies. No wonder you were panicking about going through with it as the thought must have been terrifying! That's great Jeanette was there for some support though. I met her recently in B&Q and stood chatting to her for almost an hour. She is such an amazing person and always so supportive with the perfect bedside manner for the EPU. She was lovely is saying she would be supportive if we did try again. Hope you are resting up at home now with hubby looking after you. I totally understand what you mean about getting some hope with the pregnancy getting further this time. Once you see the heart beat on the screen it feels like, YES we have done it this time! Don't give up hope as the statistics show that if you can get pregnant, it puts your chance at doing it again much higher. Sometimes getting your head and heart to believe that in those dark days it easier said than done though. That's good they will test the tissue and perhaps it might just show something up. Have thye done karotyping on you and DH? They sometime match this against the cytogenetic analysis from the fetus. I'll never forgot when i had to sign all the paperwork as it was all such a blur when they talked about the batch cremation etc. You do get an additional 14 days though in case you change you mind and want to arrange a wee burial yourself. All 3 of mine were cremated with their ashes scattered in the memorial garden but any time we have been at a cremation there we have never managed to ask where abouts the garden is. I'd love to go and spend a few moments there. If this gives you any comfort, there is also a brass memorial tree in the Floral Hall Gardens beside the Aquadome. You can have a free brass memorial plaque engraved and added to the tree as a wee reminder of your little angels. We did this and it's a lovely comfort they are gone but not forgotten and the charity have a lovely bench you can sit and look over the garden and tree. If you would like the details, please let me now and i'll find them for you and how you can apply for a plaque. They also do butterfly release days once a year which is a nice thing to do also. As for work, forget thinking you are a burden. You are not and you are grieving. Some people are off for a lot worse and longer periods of time. You have worked hard and paid national insurance contributions etc so you are entitled to sick leave. Give youself time to recover physically and allow you hormones to settle and don't make any rash decisions.

Sunflower great to hear from you too and glad everything is going ok for you. Hope your little one is ok and I'm sure they will keep an extra close eye on you now. Look after yourself and can't wait to hear your news updates.

Beattie it could be an implantation bleed so dont give up hope yet. Will keep everything crossed for you.

Hello good luck for your OTD and will keep everythin crossed for you too.

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

Love and hugs to you all
xxx

blowkiss

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 5:57pm

Got an urgent appt for next Wed at The breast screening clinic for ultrasound, mammogram and possible biopsy if they feel it's required. My colleague who used to work there said she would try to get me seen asap and before Xmas so I think I owe her a very large glass of wine at the office Xmas night out! Xx

blowkiss

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 6:27pm

THats great you have a date Rodeogirl! Xxx

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 7:03pm

Thanks hello. Think I'm more nervous now they are seeing me within 2 weeks instead of 4! I'm trying to stay positive though and glad it's out the way before Christmas xx

blowkiss

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 7:27pm

Thank you ladies, hope it is. Hate the waiting. Hope you appointment goes well at breast clinic must be a worrying time xx

Winter83

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 7:43pm

That’s good your getting seen soon Rodeogirl, you won’t have to wait too long and be worrying. Hope it goes well and you get good news.

Xxx

10 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

10 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE