You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Friday, August 10th 2018, 7:36am

Wow Kums17 I am delighted for you both! Do you know what changed there minds with protocol? I am always interested when they change things? Xxx

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Friday, August 10th 2018, 1:31pm

Ohh KUMS17 im literally crying in to my bowl of Frosties!! lurve

:congrats:

I am so so so happy for you and hope you are keeping well! When will you be due? Such an amazing thing when you see that wee heartbeat, wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy xxx

This news has just made my whole week!! blowkiss

xxx
Seven transfers later..

Baby bambi due December 7th baby2

Kums17

Reg: Jul 27th 2017

Friday, August 10th 2018, 1:33pm

@Hello, thabk you very much. I have a history of fibroids and endo. Had surgery in 2015 to deal with them. However, recently I started having some tummy ish and went for scan and found out the fibroids were beginning to grow. Endometrioma has always been there too cos the surgeon decided not to treat it during surgery because she didn't want to tamper with my ovaries.

IVF doctors felt since I achieved bfps for the last two FETs then something must be stopping the embryo from continuing which is probably hormones. Also oestrogen feeds fibroids and endo, so they decided to supress the hormones by doing down regulation before the usual hormone pumps. Also I kept complaining of using oestrogen because of my history, I didn't want any issue with fibroids again.
I am blessed beyond measures.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kums17" (Aug 10th 2018, 1:38pm)

Kums17

Friday, August 10th 2018, 1:35pm

Thank you very much Bambi. Thanks for being happy for me, I'm very grateful. ^^ : D EDD is 25th of March 2019 by the grace of God.

I'm really looking forward to being heavily pregnant.

Have a lovely weekend.
Ohh KUMS17 im literally crying in to my bowl of Frosties!! lurve

:congrats:

I am so so so happy for you and hope you are keeping well! When will you be due? Such an amazing thing when you see that wee heartbeat, wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy xxx

This news has just made my whole week!! blowkiss

xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kums17" (Aug 10th 2018, 1:37pm)

nikita81

Reg: May 5th 2018

Sunday, August 12th 2018, 11:12am

Hi Kums17

So happy for you! Congratulations!!!

This gives me hope :)
Wow Kums17 I am delighted for you both! Do you know what changed there minds with protocol? I am always interested when they change things? Xxx
@Hello, thabk you very much. I have a history of fibroids and endo. Had surgery in 2015 to deal with them. However, recently I started having some tummy ish and went for scan and found out the fibroids were beginning to grow. Endometrioma has always been there too cos the surgeon decided not to treat it during surgery because she didn't want to tamper with my ovaries.

IVF doctors felt since I achieved bfps for the last two FETs then something must be stopping the embryo from continuing which is probably hormones. Also oestrogen feeds fibroids and endo, so they decided to supress the hormones by doing down regulation before the usual hormone pumps. Also I kept complaining of using oestrogen because of my history, I didn't want any issue with fibroids again.

nikita81

Sunday, August 12th 2018, 11:26am

Hi All

After first fresh unsuccessful cycle we had a follow up two weeks ago.

Bambi85 - we asked about baby glue and the doc said we can have next time (which will be end of this month :) ). Can you please tell me when you were taking the aspirin? Doc said that there is no prove that will helps but he said it wont make any harm either - so I want to try.

Now I am on Progynova (3 tablets per day) and baseline scan next week. So much easier and quicker without injections, scans and blood tests to which I still not used to.

We decide to not do that crazy like the first time (special cosmetics, no walking, no work.... ). I think it was too much and caused an additional stress. I am not saying this wasn't good but now I feel differently. just started new job 7 weeks ago which may help me to think about something else that if I am or I am not pregnant.

Monday, August 13th 2018, 1:41pm

Im so so happy for you Kums17 xxx

Nikita81 - thats great about the embryo glue, just remind the embryologist the morning they ring the day of your transfer.
I started taking 75mg aspirin (I got it out of Tesco in a wee yellow box) at the very beginning when I started the progynova as I figured if it was gonna affect anything it would be the lining and at least this would be identified prior to transfer at my baseline scan but all was well and I my lining was great, I also took vitamin D3 and omega 3 but the one without the cod liver oil in it. I still take the aspirin, vitd3 & omega3 now along with the multivitamin the midwives give contains folic acid etc.

Definitely agree with just keeping life normal, obviously take it easier and not do anything strenuous but what I have learnt is not to put your life on hold for IVF as what will be will be and nothing you do or don't do will affect it (except for meds etc).

All the best and keep us updated xx
Seven transfers later..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bambi85" (Aug 13th 2018, 1:44pm)

Kums17

Monday, August 13th 2018, 6:53pm

Tthanks so much Nikita. Indeed stories like this gives us hope. I wish you well with your current cycle, I'm glad the doctor agreed with your suggestions, it's good to try something different when the usual doesn't work.

@Bambi, thank you very much :cuddle. I hope you are keeping well? Can I ask when you first saw a midwife and did she call you to contact you? We were given a letter to drop at the gp for the midwife but not sure when and how she will contact me.

I hope everyone else is doing well? Have a blessed week all.

Monday, August 13th 2018, 9:53pm

I had made an appointment before my 7 week scan as last time I had group b steep and needed antibiotics and was so worried incase I had it.
My local midwives like you to get in touch as soon as you can so they can give you a booking appointment, id ring them now so you can get everything organised and then a date for your dating/nuchal scan. Ring your gp and they should give you a number for your local midwife, the letter is handy for them as they try to work out your edd by your last period when with us ladies that’s not the case.

I’m keeping pretty well, don’t want to tempt fate but my energy levels are on fire right now along with the heartburn lol!! Have you much symptoms? Xx
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Tuesday, August 14th 2018, 7:54pm

Thanks Bambi, thanks for the info. I called GP this morning and the receptionist booked me in for an appt in September.

I have tons of symptoms but they are not bad - increased appetite, changed mouth taste (like someone who has fever) but it doesn't stop me from eating, very bloated tummy as if I have a gas filled tummy, bowel movement and sore nipples once in a while.

It's great you have energy, it helps alot, sorry for the heart burn, I had heart burn yesterday and I didn't find it funny at all.

Have a blessed evening.

Tuesday, August 14th 2018, 8:21pm

September seems so far away, did they say it was your booking appointment? Wont you be like 10 week so or so by then?

Thats great they aren't too bad and I think it would worse to have no symptoms than some mild - crap ones!!

Heartburn is the most under rated thing ever!! I never got heartburn before I was pregnant, well maybe if I ate loads and loads of pastry and rubbish but was very mild.
I lie in my bed every night and I swear I am about to start breathing out fire, its get so hot that even the roof of my mouth burns, then it passes and is mild and comes back every 5-10 mins! My norm is to have a couple of ice pops in bed lol or just get to sleep as early as possible! xx
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Tuesday, August 14th 2018, 9:48pm

It is far, but the lady said that's the earliest appt the midwife has. She didn't say the kind of appt it will be, It seems they have just one midwife at the gp, I don't understand how it works. I will be past 11 weeks by then.

@heartburn, not good at all. I'm laughing at the way you described the whole thing. The consolation is, it's for a limited time.

Wednesday, August 15th 2018, 8:06am

Morning all,

It's lovely to login and see all the happy discussions with midwife etc!

Kums17 I would think the midwife would like to see you before as should be getting your booking in appointment bloods, all this needs done for organising your 12 week scan. Go you have a direct number for midwife? No disrespect to reception staff they sometimes don't actually understand the importance of earlier appointments. Hope you don't mind me joining in. I work within the healthcare setting.

I felt a bit cheated I never got heartburn once

Kums17

Wednesday, August 15th 2018, 9:28am

Good morning all,

Thank you so much Hello for you advice and joining in, please feel free to join, you are far ahead of me so can help with pointing us in the right direction. I don't have the midewife's number, but can I contact midwife at the maternity? I felt the date was far but I didn't want to sound bad or desperate to the receptionist. Don't feel cheated at all, heart burn isn't good :) .

I hope everyone is doing well? Have a great day ahead.

nikita81

Saturday, August 18th 2018, 12:42pm

Baseline scan went well so next week we are going back for frozen transfer.

:thumbsup:
taking progonova and cylogest (twice a day)

Kums17

Sunday, August 19th 2018, 2:27pm

Can Progesterone be too Much?

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well?
@Nikita, it's great to hear baseline scan went well, wishing you a successful transfer and a BFP.

As my title suggests, I have been suffering from gas, my tummy is so bloated and I feel too uncomfortable from gas build up in my tummy. Has anyone experienced this this is not a fresh cycle, so it's not ohss. Also I'm not constipated, it's just this gas and scares me from eating anything. Thanks for reading my epistle.

Sunday, August 19th 2018, 5:36pm

Are young still taken progesterone? How many weeks are you? Xx

Kums17

Sunday, August 19th 2018, 8:18pm

Yes, I'm to take progesterone and progynova till 12 weeks. I'm 8Wks6Days, so still have some time to go. I know some clinics measure progesterone and oestrogen levels in blood, but ours just goes with the standard, but I'm thinking it .might be contributing to this unease feeling. I read progesterone relaxes muscles, so digestive organs won't function fast enough and could cause build up of gas.

GB87

Reg: Apr 15th 2016

Saturday, August 25th 2018, 10:11am

Hello ladies ! Hope you’re all doing well and I can see that some of you are expecting !! I’m so happy for you !! Just lovely to see !

Our little girl is 5 months old now- can’t believe it. She is amazing , we are so grateful.

Does anyone else think about there failed transfers? We love our girlie so much, it makes me think about or first fresh embryo and how they might have been - boy/girl, hair colour , personality. It makes me sad to think perhaps it was my fault that we went ahead (as advised) with a fresh transfer when I was still feeling so ill and sore from egg collection. Selfish and impatient I suppose to be pregnant. Perhaps if we had frozen our first embryo too then they would have survived. Also feeling guilty about our daughter being the second embryo, not the embryologists first choice. She was graded and was potentially close to not existing. We might never have met her if the team didn’t think she’d make it through the freeze.

Feeling a bit sad about it and that our daughter won’t have a brother or sister. Unless by some miracle we fall pregnant naturally! Ha ! Unlikely!

Lots going through my head at the moment, maybe hormones playing tricks. We all know how evil they can be
Xxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "GB87" (Aug 25th 2018, 10:14am)

Sunday, August 26th 2018, 10:21pm

Gb87, howz motherhood?

I think the exact same about embryo choice etcmy dayghter is from a 3 day transfer and we lucky enough to have 8 frozen. They encouraged us and said because they were only 3 day when frozen to culture them on and we did for 6 of them and only had one to transfer and it was a negative for our last two we transferred as day three snd the clinic wanted us to culture them on again we refused snd we got a positive but ended up an ectopic.

I really think it's a lottery and the staff don't fully know always! I would love to try again but it's the money

Kums17

Wednesday, September 5th 2018, 2:07pm

Weaning off Medication

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well as much as you can?

I'm after some advice on stopping progesterone and oestrogen. How did you wean off yourself from it? The nurse told me how to wean off but I'm after practical experiences of people.

Thank you.

Friday, September 7th 2018, 1:36pm

Hey everyone! Its been so quiet in here... hope everyone is well xx

Kums17 - Have you had your 12 week scan? With the weaning, I was on four oestrogen and three progesterone a day (8 hours a part) so for a few days I took 3 OE and 2 PG (12hours a part) then just every couple of days dropped my dose, then after I took one every other day for a few days then delightfully threw all the remaining in the bin!!! I think its more for the side effects you might feel rather than any harm, so whatever you feel comfortable with.
I felt it was such an achievement and milestone stopping the IVF drugs, hope your feeling well xx
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Friday, September 7th 2018, 3:01pm

Hi Bambi,

Thank you very much for the response, I quite appreciate it. I plan to wean off in the same manner as yours, however I don't want the wean off period to pass 1.5 weeks. What do you think of this? Can you remember how long your wean off period took? I am really looking forward to stop using the medicines.

I have not had my scan yet, I met the midwife on Tuesday for my booking appointment and I just learned that my scan letter has arrived home today. I feel ok generally. I have seasons of bloating (mostly gassy tummy), burping, flatulence, food not tasting right to being very hungry, aside that no other symptoms. I wonder how I should be feeling, especially because I can't feel baby physically yet and not sure if there's any change in my tummy size. Some weeks ago I was filled with anxiety, because I didn't know what was going on in my body and some ugly thoughts coming to my mind. But I have deliberately decided to trust in God that all is well and cancel the negative thoughts with prayers and positive affirmations.

How are you doing too and how's baby Bambi? I hope all is well?

I hope everyone is doing well?

nikita81

Friday, September 7th 2018, 8:33pm

Hello

Good Evening Girls

I have some good news.

I AM PREGNANT :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: : D this was our 2nd attempt (FET)

Tomorrow is my testing day but we decided to do a test on Wed evening and it come up positive. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then done another test on Wed and Thu and today : D
Called clinic today. My 7 weeks scan is in 2 weeks time.

Thank you everyone for support.

SK88

Reg: Jul 13th 2018

Saturday, September 8th 2018, 5:47pm

Congratulations Nikita81!
So pleased to hear another happy story!

I am interested to know if you did use the baby glue and aspirin?
I will be starting medication for a FET in a couple of weeks, it will be our first FET

nikita81

Sunday, September 9th 2018, 9:04am

Congratulations Nikita81!
So pleased to hear another happy story!

I am interested to know if you did use the baby glue and aspirin?
I will be starting medication for a FET in a couple of weeks, it will be our first FET
Thank you
Yes I used baby glue and aspirin this time also Our embryo was very good quality 5AA :) .
FET is much easier than fresh cycle one. No blood tests, no scans (I had only 1)

Just waiting for first scan (2 weeks).

SK88

Sunday, September 9th 2018, 11:22pm

Nikita81- It really does give me hope that our next treatment will be a success after hearing stories like yours. Our fresh one was a 5AA but we have 4 that are frozen so hoping they will manage to use one of the 4AAs that we have frozen. I'm due to start Progynova in about 10 days so did you start the asprin at the same time as that? Also when did you ask about the embryo glue?should I call and ask about that now or wait till I call with my first day? Sorry so many questions. I hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you so you can see your little one for the first time.

Kums17

Monday, September 10th 2018, 11:19am

Congratulations Nikita. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy. Hope the scan dates flys in quickly. I also hope you are feeling well?

nikita81

Monday, September 10th 2018, 6:52pm

Nikita81- It really does give me hope that our next treatment will be a success after hearing stories like yours. Our fresh one was a 5AA but we have 4 that are frozen so hoping they will manage to use one of the 4AAs that we have frozen. I'm due to start Progynova in about 10 days so did you start the asprin at the same time as that? Also when did you ask about the embryo glue?should I call and ask about that now or wait till I call with my first day? Sorry so many questions. I hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you so you can see your little one for the first time.
Hi
Not a problem.
I was taking aspirin from day of my scan until pregnancy test (I know some girls are taking it earlier and for longer).
I did ask about baby glue during our follow up appointment but I am sure you can phone clinic and speak with a doctor (you could wait until scan but maybe better give them a shout before).
I also reminded about it during baseline scan and on the transfer day when the embryologist phoned about embryo thawed :) and I asked to be sure before transfer as well. Just to be sure : D

I think also helped that I was not overthinking about it as I did first time.

Wishing you best of luck.

How long you have been TTC?

nikita81

Monday, September 10th 2018, 6:53pm

Congratulations Nikita. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy. Hope the scan dates flys in quickly. I also hope you are feeling well?
Thank you.
I am feeling well but sometimes tired all the time and my boobs are super sore ::P

SK88

Monday, September 10th 2018, 10:32pm

Nikita81 - Thank you for the info and good luck wishes, I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they are saying. We have been trying for over 4 years. How long had you been TTC?

Kums17

Wednesday, September 12th 2018, 6:12pm

Aww bless you. Hopefully the symptoms will subside soon. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy.
Thank you.
I am feeling well but sometimes tired all the time and my boobs are super sore ::P

Kums17

Wednesday, September 12th 2018, 6:15pm

12 Weeks Scan

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are doing well?

We had our 12 weeks scan today and all is well. Baby is doing well likewise mummy :thumbsup: . It's so amazing to see the drastic change from little blob to little human being. Above all we are grateful to God for bringing us this far.

I also use this opportunity to pray for all those hoping for this miracle, that the Lord will bless you with such very soon.

Thank you all for being there for me and each other.

Sunday, September 16th 2018, 7:50am

Morning everyone : D

Massive congratulations nikita81! You must be so thrilled!!

Can I ask why you have stopped taking the aspirin? I am still taking it and all midwives I have spoken to were happy I had been taking it as it reduces the risk of pre ecamplsia and blood clots etc later in pregnancy. Really wouldn't hurt to continue taking it. Glad the embryo glue helped your wee s=one stick in there!!

Kums17, I am so delighted to read your happy scan news!! Congratulations! It really is such a transformation from the 7 - 12 week scan, I remember lying there thinking is that wee baby really inside my tummy! Even now it is so surreal!!

The weeks are flying by with working full time, studying my degree and I attend aqua natal classes and pregnancy yoga which I absolutely love and so nice being around other mummies to be, going to try hypnobirthing as I really want as natural a birth as I can and not to feel groggy on meds and painkillers!!

SK88, I have read up so much about baby aspirin 75mg and its benefits, the NHS (I believe) don't have the research to advice or prescribe on the benefits of aspirin, all the different consultants I have spoke to have said it wouldn't do any harm, all major top clinics use baby aspirin as part of their protocols (my sister being one of them and a baby girl first IVF try) and out of my 7 transfers the two times we used embryo glue we actually saw a baby with a heartbeat rather than an empty sac, sadly the first one just wasn't meant to be but it filled me with such hope and positivity.
If you don't manage to speak to clinic prior, when the embryologists call you the day before or even on the day of transfer, ask them as it only needs soaked in the embryo glue 10 mins before transfer, Good luck with upcoming transfer xx
Seven transfers later..

SK88

Sunday, September 16th 2018, 9:15pm

SK88, I have read up so much about baby aspirin 75mg and its benefits, the NHS (I believe) don't have the research to advice or prescribe on the benefits of aspirin, all the different consultants I have spoke to have said it wouldn't do any harm, all major top clinics use baby aspirin as part of their protocols (my sister being one of them and a baby girl first IVF try) and out of my 7 transfers the two times we used embryo glue we actually saw a baby with a heartbeat rather than an empty sac, sadly the first one just wasn't meant to be but it filled me with such hope and positivity. If you don't manage to speak to clinic prior, when the embryologists call you the day before or even on the day of transfer, ask them as it only needs soaked in the embryo glue 10 mins before transfer, Good luck with upcoming transfer xx

Bambi85 - I am so confused as to what to do. I phoned the clinic and they are happy for us to use embryo glue for our next treatment. I spoke to them about baby asprin and the nurse basically said why not use the embryo glue this time and if it doesn't work I could try the asprin next time. As I'm sure you can understand I don't want there to be a "next time" and I don't really want this to be a trial and error thing but maybe thats just the way it has to be? The more people I talk to the more I think the asprin is a good idea but also don't want to do anything to jeopardise this either. I'm completely conflicted as to what to do and don't really have a lot of time to decide as will be starting my medication any day now.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SK88" (Sep 16th 2018, 9:16pm)

nikita81

Monday, September 17th 2018, 5:54pm

Hello

Hi All

Yes I am so happy.
Bambi85 - I read that aspirin helps with embryo implantation so I took only before transfer and a few days after.

This morning when I when to toiled I had a little bit of pink discharge but I phoned clinic and they said it is nothing to worry about. They move my scan to Thursday this week (instead next Mon). Hopefully everything will be fine. Maybe it was because yesterday we went for quite a long and intensive walk, I hope it is nothing to worry abut.

Massive congratulations nikita81! You must be so thrilled!!

Can I ask why you have stopped taking the aspirin? I am still taking it and all midwives I have spoken to were happy I had been taking it as it reduces the risk of pre ecamplsia and blood clots etc later in pregnancy. Really wouldn't hurt to continue taking it. Glad the embryo glue helped your wee s=one stick in there!!

Kums17

Tuesday, September 18th 2018, 2:54pm

@Bambi85 - Thank you. It was such a relief to see baby at the scan. Just as you said, I was amazed and saying "is this little human in me", I am so blessed and glad to be in this position. I really fancy aquanatal, not sure of yoga as I feel it is too expensive. I have been trying to find such in Aberdeen, but not seen yet, I see mostly yoga classes. If anyone knows of aquanatal classes in Aberdeen, please let me know. I hope you are doing well?

@Nikita81 - let's hope the bleeding is nothing to worry about, it's good your scan has been moved forward.

@Sk88 - have you discussed this with your partner? What's his suggestion? AFC has not started trying aspirin as a regular protocol but if you are able to make up your mind, they can let you have it, you might do just as Nikita has done if you are scared of anafter effect, at least with thath you won't be using it for long.

SK88

Wednesday, September 19th 2018, 10:13am

Kums17 - my husband and I have discussed it lots but still don't feel fully informed even though we have both looked into it lots. So many people I have spoken to about asprin seem to have taken it so we are definitely swaying towards taking it but unsure how long to take it for. I couldn't find anything on the HFEA website about it though. I hope your pregnancy is going well.

Nikita81 - I hope your scan goes well tomorrow, that's good that they brought forward.

Wednesday, September 19th 2018, 8:28pm

SK88 - at the end of the day its entirely your choice.
The nurse at the clinic won't be able to advice/discourage it, however personally I would use them both together for best results. Ask the question. will it do any harm? As I have full belief if won't do any harm at all and will only promote and increase blood flow to the uterus aiding implantation and growth especially through the first trimester. I had in my head to stop aspirin at 12 weeks but my local midwives said to keep taking as its great for blood flow and reducing the risk of pre-eclamspia later so i have been taking it every day since before my transfer. I have had seven transfers and out of them 4 miscarriages (2 times was negative) and basically everything that could of went wrong did until this time where I took aspirin and used embryo glue.. may be a coincidence but I really doubt it.

I did think of phoning around some private clinics or even a midwife (not a nurse) within UK and explain my story and see what kind of protocol they might offer me and if it included baby (Low-dose) aspirin, it is your choice and I can only tell you from my view, what works for some may not work for others, sometime the egg just isn't viable, so whatever your choice please remember you can do a million things differently and if its meant to be it will be and don't self-blame (as I know I used to do this) and would go through every detail and try and figure out what I had done wrong or hadn't done. IVF can be cruel and putting added pressure on your decisions is not great so do what you and your partner feel best in your heart and hopefully this is your lucky time (but I really believe 75mg low dose baby aspirin won't do any harm) xx

Nikita81, all the best for the scan, its so scary seeing blood but it can be common to bleed and as long as its not too heavy try not to worry, so many reasons what it could be xx

Kums17 - the yoga I attend is a 5 week block for £30 so its not to expensive and the Aquanatel is actually run by our local midwives at our local swimming pool and is free, have you met the midwives yet? they should give you leaflets on what is offered in your area, they may waitt until you are a little further on for certain classes. I really enjoy the yoga and being able to get my body and mind so calm and relaxed, some days after a stressful day at work its the best medicine. try youtube, there may be some videos on there
Im doing well, thank you, still neat and small (don't want to jinx it) I really thought I would be a whale by now but I am starting to fell I am growing everyday and starting to realise I have to slow down a bit, I am out with dogs at 6.30 every morning before work and just go about my life as I did before, obviously not exactly the same I do know my limits but I am starting to get more exhausted and out of breathe easier. I am waiting for an appointment letter as I am getting growth scans at 30 33 and 36 weeks, I am 29 weeks this Friday so hopefully not too long until it arrives. take care xxx
Seven transfers later..

nikita81

Monday, September 24th 2018, 8:50pm

Hi All

Scan went well on Thursday. Our little baby was well, we saw heart! so amazing!!!
Baby was 7.1mm long and there was no signs of bleeding or anything abnormal inside the womb. Baby is well and safe.

I cannot still believe that Im pregnant! First midwife appointment book for 10th Oct.

I am the happiest person in the world

Kums17

Tuesday, September 25th 2018, 4:54pm

Congrtas Nikita81, what a relief after the scare. Enjoy every moment of the journey and I wish you the best.

@Sk88, I can imagine the dilemma, hopefully you have made up your mind on what to do. Wishing you a great success with this round.

@Bambi85, time flies, you are already 29 weeks!!!, that's so good to hear. Yoga classes I have found so far have between 5 and 6 blocks and price ranges between 54 and 63 Pounds, which I consider expensive. I believe the 5 weeks block means 1 class a week for the next 5 weeks. The price you got seem affordable and a free aquanatal class, wow, nothing is free in Aberdeen or maybe I am yet to find something that free. I will keep searching anyway. I came across turtletums today and I plan to make enquiries on price as they do not have price list on their website. Are you planning to check gender of baby? I have also been slated for multiple scans/consultant led care because it is IVF and I have had a major myomectomy in the past. I have met my midwife and nothing of such was discussed with me, I checked the leaflets I was given, there's no such information on them. I will ask her again when next I see her.

I am looking for an affordable way to personalise some sleep suits and vests (not more than 5). The ones I have found so far in mother care already have a standardised wording like "Baby Name" Loves daddy or Born in 2019 + "baby name", I am looking for something I can entirely write my own words and won't cost me a fortune. If anyone knows where I could get such, could you please let me know.

SK88

Tuesday, September 25th 2018, 6:25pm

Nikita81 - so pleased your scan went well.

Kums17 - I know some of the shops like home bargains do things that you could print out you own wording etc and then iron it on so you have complete freedom with what you put on but not sure if you want to go down that route or would rather someone else did that bit. Maybe try Not on the High Street or ebay or somewhere like that if you would rather something done by someone else.Turtletums sounds good (I just looked it up as hadn't heard of it) I think I will look into this more when our time comes.

We decided to not use baby aspirin this time but we are going to use the embryo glue. It was such a hard decision and we kept changing our minds till it got the point where we thought I've been on the Progynova a few days now so we will just leave it this time. I really hope we don't regret our decision later but then you can't really live with regret anyway, what will be will be. I am almost a week into Progynova and booked in for scan on Monday to see how that is going. Finger crossed for thick lining.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Reg: May 8th 2018

Wednesday, September 26th 2018, 9:34pm

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is well and sorry I haven’t been on here again since my first posts. I’ve been keeping track of you all and congrats to those of you who have good news!

My appointment has come through today for just under three weeks’ time. Totally unexpected as I was initially told October, then December/January and now it’s here after all! I’m feeling excited and scared at the same time. Now we have the rush to get bloods and sperm test done again before the appointment!

Anyway I wondered if anyone could help alleviate my anxiety by confirming a timeline of what happens now roughly? Am I right in saying I start the injections on the first day of my period after my appointment usually? How long is that for and in total how long is it normally to egg retrieval/putting the fertilised egg back in if all goes well? I feel like I’ve done lots of reading round the subject but don’t really feel certain of this.

Really would appreciate any info and advice from those of you who have been through it! x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Scottishgirl" (Sep 26th 2018, 9:36pm)

SK88

Thursday, September 27th 2018, 1:31pm

Hi Scottishgirl,

Thats good your appointment has come through earlier than expected.

Protocols vary but to give you a rough idea mine was as follows...
Day 21 after last period I started on tablets for 9 days and these are to try and make it more precise as to when your period will start. So if you are past day 21 at your appointment you will need to wait till after your next one to start then but if you are not at day 21 yet you will be able to start them sooner.
I then had a scan 4 days later and that's when I started my injections.
I had 2 weeks of injections (3 scans in the first week)and then went for egg recovery.
I then had one embryo put back 5 days later, they let the embryos grow for a maximum of 5 days but sometimes put one back earlier depending on how they are growing.
So from starting the tablets to them putting one back was just over 4 weeks.

I hope that all made sense and wasn't too overwhelming.

Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you.

Kums17

Friday, September 28th 2018, 9:32am

Thanks SK88, I will try notonthehighstreet and ebay. I don't think I want to do the printing myself. Glad you have made a decision, lets hope and pray everything works out well for you. Just to give you some positivity, I didn't use embryo glue nor aspirin in the three transfers I have had, each one resulted into a bfp, but only the third one stuck.

@Scottishgirl, wishing you the best with your treatment. Sk88 has explained basically what happens, this will also depend on the type of protocol you are put on. A long protocol is longer (you have to inject of 21 days to down regulate before you start stimulation) while short protocol, you go ahead with stimulating after your period and scan that shows your endometrial lining is thin.

Friday, September 28th 2018, 5:47pm

Thank you, Sk88, that’s really helpful. I didn’t know about the tablets first. I’ll not long have had a period I think so will have a wee wait but that’s fine as it’s still sooner than expected!

Thank you, Kums. What decides if you have a long or short protocol?

Can I ask how you guys managed work? Did you find you had warning of when your scans would be so you could book time off or do you just get a call on the day? Trying to work out if I can manage to fit things in round work or if I’ll need to take leave.

Thanks again!

Bell13

Reg: Apr 24th 2018

Saturday, September 29th 2018, 9:35am

Hey Scottish girl!
When you start your period you call them on day 1, they will then call you back with the day to start the tablets, the day you stop, then the dates for the scans. The only thing they don’t know for sure is egg collection as that can vary on how you respond.

Bell13

Saturday, September 29th 2018, 9:41am

For some reason my whole post didn’t post!!

What happened with me is.

I started the tablets, stopped the tablets, my first scan, day one of period, which was the Monday, Tuesday I started injections, I had scans mon,wed, friday the following week, but my egg collections ended up being that Friday but it could have been the Monday.

You know these dates in advance and are given to you after you call up when your period arrives. Hope that makes sense.

I had leave from work from the second week. I felt a bit rubbish coming up to and after egg collection so glad I was off.

Hope that helps

X

Saturday, September 29th 2018, 10:32am

Thanks everyone! So have I got this right, you either start tablets on day 21 or the first day of your period, then followed by injections?

Bell13

Saturday, September 29th 2018, 12:10pm

I started tablets on day 21, these were to control the period so it came when the clinic needed it to, injections started on the second day of my period. I don’t know about other protocols x

9 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

9 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE