You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Friday, September 27th 2013, 11:15pm

bloomin useless then! you must be shattered Xx

Reg: Oct 25th 2012

Children: Little girl via IVF at Aberdeen.

Saturday, September 28th 2013, 11:53am

After I had laparoscopic surgery last year, I had a bleed for almost 9 weeks. The clinic refused to help and GP could only take blood tests to check on my counts for anemia. Hopefully you have more luck with getting them to help.

xxx
TTC 2007

1st IVF June/July 2013 cancelled

2nd IVF Sept/Oct/November 2013 - :BFP:

av13

Ace

Reg: Aug 12th 2013

Sunday, September 29th 2013, 12:19pm

Hi everybody, not been on 4 a while so just been reading through to see what ive missed
tazza have u started the provera yet? whens your baseline scan?
Chocolate- I cant believe ur STILL bleeding!! Bet ur really fed up now. Surely they can give u something to stop it, hav they given u any explanation as to why its still going on?
Bumblebee- not long till ur appt now!! :-D

As for us, af finally came so were now counting down the days till I start norethisterone (19 days) Spoke to the hosp on fri to let them know af arrived (although v.light) n they told me to ring back yday to let them know whether I got heavier on fri or not so they knew which was day 1 but I got stuck in work so didnt phone n its closed today n now im stressin abit! :-(
Nurse said shes put me in for my baseline on 30th oct. Any1 know if this date could change, e.g if I dont start my next period before then? I really wanna get my days off covered at work and book accommodation as was impossible to find somewhere last time and I will feel more relaxed then. I will then have scans on 6th, 8th n 11th november. Eeeep!!!!!!! :-D

Hope everythings alright n not gone completely nuts. I think im well on my way. God only knows what i'll be like during the 2ww . Lotsa love to u all xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, September 29th 2013, 4:19pm

Av13 - great news AF arrived & you can countdown now! phone clinic tomorrow & let them know about AF...the date might change depending on when AF properly arrived. it would only be by a day but discussing with them will help you suss out the work side of things

AFM not alot i can do but wait. nearly there tho thankfully. i hope its not too complicated & they dont want lots of tests. im sure they will want several blood tests when AF arrives but heres hoping i can get started fairly quickly. i know that from my 1st cycle im cutting it fine to get a cycle in before Xmas tho so probably be an AF worked around when they reopen after new year! that sounds aaaaggggeeeessss away ;(

Sunday, September 29th 2013, 6:19pm

av13 - start provera tonight, already going stupid, cant remember if im supposed to take one or two and the box doesn't say. Ive left a voicemail at the unit but they are not open today. Cant see it really effecting our dates but how dopey eh. My baseline is 25 October if all goes well with the provera. Your dates are only a few behind us.

Your day would only be a day or two out but the nurses will be able to reassure you when you speak to them.

bumblebee - have you had any tests done by your GP recently? It does sound like a while but time is really flying past. Hopefully they can squeeze you in but it depends on how many tests they have to do. Fingers crossed for you.

Good luck xxxx
TTC 2007

av13

Ace

Sunday, September 29th 2013, 6:42pm

Bumblebee- its starting to feel a bit more real now. They may b able 2 fit you in before xmas, I guess it depends if ur on short or long protocol too. They may not need to repeat most of the tests with it not being ur first cycle. I'll keep my fingers crossed 4 u but as tazza said it will fly by anyway even if u do have 2 wait till after the new year, especially with everything being so busy over xmas.
tazza- do they not send out info about when to take it etc. Im sure it wont make much of a difference this early on tho. Isnt there an out of hours no?
How long are you on the provera for? I love the fact our dates r so close together! :-D . X x x

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, September 29th 2013, 7:10pm

Av13 - its my 1st cycle with new partner. ive had 3 fresh cycles & 1 frozen cycle before with my ex. my last cycle was FET in 2010. i dont know how different my test results are so not sure what kind of cycle they will recommend. always been long protocol before Xx

Reg: Jul 28th 2013

Children: Little boy Previous relationship

Monday, September 30th 2013, 12:57pm

Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't been on in a while a lot has happened with us, my husband hurt is back (2 bulgging discs) in April and was given painkiller, they gave him a urine infection with turned into epididymis. So they gave him antibiotics which he had a reaction to he collapsed and couldn't walk. It has caused tendon problems in legs and arms. He is slowly getting better now, just seems never ending. All of this on top of IVF enough to send me crazy.

Started buserelin on Friday, managed to do the injections myself, not bad for someone who hates needles. Felt awful Friday night didn't sleep and felt tired crampy on Sat, feel fine now. Not sure if it was me working myself up about it lol! My baseline scan is the 18th Oct, getting there now. Been a long expensive wait but it will be all worth it one day.

Love to you all xx

Monday, September 30th 2013, 2:26pm

av - there is nothing in the paperwork about the provera dosage, just take from x date to x date as directed. Yes im dopey I forgot oops! Live and learn lol. I didn't want to have to phone the out of hours as I didn't class it as an emergency. The nurse phoned this morning and advised me. Hopefully we will be celebrating at the same time, fingers crossed.

bumblebee - hope it all goes smoothly for you and any tests they have to do can be done quickly. Nothing worse than waiting around for more tests. Not long to wait now to get your answers.

sweetpea - wow that is a lot to deal with. glad to hear he is on the road to recovery now. You are a few days ahead of us, good luck.

xxx
TTC 2007

av13

Ace

Monday, September 30th 2013, 9:30pm

Bumblebee- I dont know what ur experience was like last time with timescales but im just about to start and my first appt with aberdeen was only the beginning of this month so u never know. Really hope this time is lucky 4 u!!
tazza- ur not dopey, its really hard to take in everything ur told. I know when I came out my appt I had no idea what was happenin/what the protocol was etc. When you got ur schedule did it just give baseline scan appt or were u given dates for the other scans?
Sweetpea- poor you!! what a lot of stress u dont need :-( Hope hes better soon n glad ur feelin better too. Keep us updated on how ur gettin on.

I rang the clinic back this morning just to confirm the dates etc. I still get to start on the 17th :-) x x x

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, September 30th 2013, 10:59pm

sweetpea - sorry to hear about your husband. glad to hear hes on the mend. what a worrying time for you all. good for you doing your injections. they aint that bad really are they?

tazza + av13 - thanks both. I really hope I get to start asap. its been 3yrs since my last cycle so I will feel like a novice again

xxx

Tuesday, October 1st 2013, 1:33pm

av - I have my protocol sheet which has all my scan times and dates. at the top it just states to take provera as prescribed then what dosages of menopur and cetrorelix to take each day as it changes. Each scan this time will be 8am which is so much better than the 10am of last cycle. I can do the scan then go into work late, less awkward moments with the people I work with!

Glad to hear they have confirmed 17th to you. Good luck!

bumblebee - sadly it will probably all come back to you, a bit like riding a bike. Have everything crossed they can squeeze you in quickly.

Hope everyone else is well.

xxx
TTC 2007

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 4:42pm

13days! [zx126]

av13

Ace

Friday, October 4th 2013, 9:22am

Not long to go now bumblebee, eeeep!!! :-D :-D
tazza- how u getting on with the provera?? Thats good that your times wont clash with work too much. I dont know what to do because its about a 6 hour journey each way and with scans every 2/3 days. I was considering just stayin in aberdeen for a week or so but finding cheap accommodation is a nightmare, if any1 can recommend anywhere?!
Hows everyone else? Its gone a bit quiet on here.
13 days till I start the norethisterone!!
X x x

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, October 4th 2013, 10:21am

6hrs :what: thats mad! i thought 4-5hrs away was bad enough! i used to get a cheap deal on travelodeges but seems that even the price of those are crazy too. for our appt we got a cheap b&b in Huntly & will just drive through in the morning.

Reg: Oct 5th 2013

Children: one daughter

Saturday, October 5th 2013, 2:27pm

Hi everyone, i'm new here & hope to become 1 of your friends... :)
Mum of 1. Took 6 years to conceive. Vietnamese and live in London.

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 5th 2013, 4:38pm

:hi: ElishaJane.....lovely to see a new face. what stage are you at? Xx

Saturday, October 5th 2013, 5:04pm

av - trying to get any accommodation in Aberdeen City is pretty expensive. Try looking at surrounding villages/towns as it can work out much cheaper to stay at them and drive in. Let me know if you would like some names of places to try.

bumblebee - Huntly isn't too far and is quite nice. Have you stayed there before?

ElishaJane - welcome how are you?
TTC 2007

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 5th 2013, 5:08pm

hi tazza....yeh i actually did a placement there when doing my nurse training....many years ago. it was a good deal & least we are reasonably close. its a nightmare these days for cheap places to stay xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 5th 2013, 9:16pm

ok ladies...who is doin a private cycle as wondering how long from main appt to start of treatment? xx

av13

Ace

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 11:45am

Tazza/bumblebee i'm prob gonna need to be down for most of the 2 weeks between 5th nov and 16th(ish) as train connections mean I cant get there till late afternoon so would need to be down the day before any appointments. I dont think my car will be up for the journey plus i'd be a nervous wreck driving so will need to be as close to the centre as possible really.
Tazza- any recommendations would be fab! Have you had any side effects from the provera?
bumblebee- sorry im nhs so cant help however went fast for us and private will be even quicker!
welcome elishajane :-)
Chocolate- not heard from you in a while, hopefully u have stopped bleeding?!
Hows everyone else? xXx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 12:53pm

Av13 - thanks hun. i know that once we go hopefully things will go quicker, but ive just got my hopes up for a cycle before xmas! ive got a feeling thats not going to happen :sniff:

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 2:01pm

Aberdeen Accommodation Index - B&B guest house Aberdeen, Bed and Breakfast Aberdeen and Hotels in Aberdeen Scotland.

Hopefully you can find something on that list that may be suitable. There is a few other places that spring to mind, Premier Inn (Anderson Drive) Best Western Summerhill. Both located approx. 10 min walk from hospital. Direct bus route also available. If you want city centre, best to go room only, as there are plenty of places for decent food. There are a lot of B&Bs on Crown Street & Great Western Road.

Provera has given a few side effects, but nothing I cant handle lol.

bumblebee - we too are nhs and after the info evening and our first app we had 18 days to wait to start treatment. However we had all of our tests done before referral. I know it seems horrible to say this but 10 days to go and you will have all your answers then. Hopefully the time is flying by for you. Sending big hugs as I know the waiting for answers is the worst part.

xxx
TTC 2007

teeny1

Reg: Sep 17th 2013

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 7:10pm

Hi Guys...... Just wondering if u could shed some light on what to expect at the 1st appointment at the clinic??.

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 7:24pm

hi teeny1, is this the 1st contact with the clinic? are you NHS or private? when i was NHS myself and ex had appt and we discussed history etc and they requested various tests. im sure he did a semen test & i had an internal scan to check any potential problems with ovaries etc. then we were placed on waiting list..when is your appt? xx

teeny1

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 7:33pm

hiya. yes this is the very 1st appointment and its nhs. ee have had all the tests done already throo our GP's, our appointment is on Wednesday at 11am.

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 7:50pm

if you have had all the tests then they will discuss things with you and decide what treatment is needed. then its the dreaded waiting list im afraid :thumbdown:

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 8:03pm

teeny - they will discuss all previous results, may refer for further tests eg HSG before recommending treatment or as bumblebee states the dreading waiting list.

Are you from Aberdeen or do you have a lot of traveling to do?

Good luck and let us know how you get on. xxx
TTC 2007

teeny1

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 8:13pm

Is the waiting list for IVF only, or is it for any treatment??. My doctor seema to think that providing there is no other underlying problems that i may be put on medication to gibe my progeaterone levels a kick in the bum !!. Were lucky we are only an hour away from aberdeen, so not alot of travelling.

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 9:23pm

They seem to have a list for everything!

There are other treatments they can try before the big scary waiting list, eg clomid or IUI. I don't think there is much of a waiting list for either. Sadly we cant offer any info on them as we were put straight to IVF.

Good luck xxx
TTC 2007

teeny1

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 10:28pm

Thanks guys, will just wait n see what they decide on Wednesday. Thanks Again xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 10:45pm

:goodluck: & let us know how you get on Xx

Reg: Mar 18th 2012

Monday, October 7th 2013, 8:03pm

Hi everyone

Av13- I stopped bleeding last week so I bled for about 5 weeks, I have lost a lot of weight and been very tired. How are you getting on.

Nice to see some new faces on here. The Aberdeen clinic staff are lovely. They give 110% in helping everyone. Good luck to everyone starting there ivf journey.

:)

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, October 7th 2013, 10:53pm

chocolate ~ maybe you should get checked out by GP for anaemia? maybe your needing some iron. glad the bleeding finally stopped tho Xxx

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 7:21pm

Thanks bumblebee

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 11:45pm

Bumblebee- we are private cycle, we were first referred Dec last year.

Our first appt was in April where they did extra tests that hadnt been done before and told us it would be IVF ICSI due to very low sperm count.

We then had to wait till June for next appt where we thought yes time to get going but no it was to talk over results and treatment again, sent home not further on really and a little disappointed.

We called clinic to ask if we could go to evening appt in July (offshore husband) so my husband to attend, then our Main appt was Aug where they did a scan more bloods and gave me my buserelin home, but they couldn't start from my Aug period because they were to busy so had to wait till my Sep period then start injections on day 21 it was a long 6 weeks looking at buserelin in the fridge but now on day 12 of injections. Getting there now but it's such a long wait, to get this far. It's been a long 2 year trying, not sure if private is quicker or not.

I hope this helped you xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 10:05am

thanks Sweetpea....guess we are in for quite a wait....roll on next week Xx

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 10:12am

Bumblebee what's your appointment for next week? X

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 12:31pm

sweetpea ~ its our 1st clinic appt since being referred. they will obviously know me from previous treatments but DF is new to them lol Xx

teeny1

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 4:20pm

well, appointment went well!! Got an internal ultrasound and all is well there. Got to go to GP for baseline blood test when my next cycle starts, then a further progesterone test on day 17 of my cycle, next appointment booked for the 11th of Dec. So back to waiting again xx

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 5:07pm

teeny - Glad to hear your appointment went well today and you have the date for your next app. Hopefully the waiting flies by for you.

sweet pea - how are you getting on with the injections?

we have an app tomorrow with consultant after fighting with the nurses yesterday. They are trying to cancel this cycle already ;( as they are over booked and want us to wait until February to restart. Was told since I am only on provera I can stop it at any time inducing a bleed wont make any difference since I don't have regular cycles and husband working offshore ?o( (news to me, he works in Aberdeen in architecture not oil industry home every night). Temper hit the roof. Seeing what the consultant has to say and if we are not happy we will have it all in writing then take it further. This is stressful enough without being mucked about by some jumped up nurse with the wrong information who tried to tell me I was wrong. I think id know if hubby worked offshore or not. Sorry all rant over.

Hopefully everyone else is having a much better time! xxx
TTC 2007

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 8:09pm

Tazza- good luck for tomorrow, hope you get it sorted out.

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 11:36pm

Bumblebee- you might be quicker than we were, for some reason at our first appointment they said we would be self funded Which we all already knew (because I had a son 7 years ago with a different partner and the child lives with us). But for some reason this was not put in our notes so when we phoned one day to see what was happening they couldn't find us they had us down as NHS. We were told we have had to wait a long time for being self funded and this is probably why. So make sure they have you down as self funded. :)

Teeny- glad all went well hopefully time will fly in for you

Tazza- injections are going ok I'm getting better every day. That's shocking you must be really angry, your right this is a really stressful time with out this. It's not your fault they over booked. I would be very angry and upset if I got that phone call, yeah maybe stopping your drug is easier than other drugs but not easier mentally on your or your partner. Well best of luck tomorrow and hopefully you get some good news. Chin up Hun let me know how you get on

Xx

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 1:57pm

hi all,

thank you ladies for your kind words.

sweet pea - how long do you have to take the buserelin for? Which drugs have they recommended for stimulating? Hope you are not having any side effects with the buserelin.

Today was a waste of time, in and out in 17 min, that includes the 10 min in the waiting room and walking to and from the car! Dr Maheshwai had been wrongly informed by the nurses and thought it best to discuss everything face to face. Went through everything and she is not concerned about spotting. Uncommon but not unheard of. Some women can have spotting while taking the progesterone medication. Offered a scan if I wanted. Didn't see any point in taking up any more of her time when we have the green light! The information she had been given was I had horrendous cramps and excessive bleeding. Which rightly warrants an immediate meeting. My heart goes out to whoever it is that is suffering like that. She apologised profusely for the admin mix up and assures me it will be either her or Hamilton that will be doing each of my scans in future since this meeting was due to a nurse misunderstanding! Blame everyone else in the department!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! xxx
TTC 2007

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, October 11th 2013, 11:20am

thanks for your advice sweetpea

teeny glad the appt went well & you have your next date already. time will soon fly in

tazza sorry the appt was was a wasted one but glad you can keep going & dont have to cancel

AFM ~ im on late shift today, lets hope its reasonably quiet as shattered. only the weekend to get through & then we head down road on tuesday for appt on wednesday @ 10am!

hope everyone has a lovely weekend

grouphug

Kaz23

Reg: Mar 17th 2010

Children: 4 year old daughter, her twin brother is our little angel watching over us. DS born April 2015.

Saturday, October 12th 2013, 5:40am

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd pop on and say hi and good luck to everyone.

We had a phone appointment last week. Really just to discuss what we wanted to do next and to see if DH and me had any questions. Since we've been through 2 fresh cycles and 1 fet didn't really have any questions as we know the score. The only thing I did ask is would they do anything different since that's two failed attempts now and he said they would change dosage slightly to hopefully get more eggs. The only thing we do now is get in touch with them 2 - 3 months before we want to start our next treatment. So likely be first half of next year so in meantime going to try and put all this out of my mind and just enjoy things.....difficult not to obsess over it though!

Good luck to everyone, I do come on here for a nose to see how everyone is but it's usually on my phone at night and for some reason I can't leave comments using the phone.
:xxx3:

Me 39 DH 41
TTC 3 years Diagnosis: unexplained
1st IVF July 2010: :BFP:

December 2010: Twins born @ 24+2, DS passed away shortly afterwards, DD fought a hard battle and after 4 months in neonatal came home.
February 2013 FET: :BFN:
August 2013 IVF : :BFN:
August 2014 IVF: :BFP:
DS born April 2015 @ 39 weeks

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 12th 2013, 6:49am

hi Kaz. lovely to hear from you. glad you have a plan. you can now enjoy the rest of the year, especially the busy xmas spell. take care Xx

Saturday, October 12th 2013, 10:25pm

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Bumblebee - your very welcome

Kaz - glad you have a plan, just try and enjoy your Xmas and think about it again next year

Tazza - I'm so happy to hear they didn't cancel your cycle, you must be happy. How you feeling?

On day 15 of burserelin injections, I have had a few horrible days with it. The first week i as fine i didnt feel any different, but getting sore heads and feeling tired and a little run down. I have baseline scan on Friday morning. Not sure what stimulating drug I'm getting yet, Im sure they said but can't remember. Hopefully I will start them on Friday If all goes well. I'm new to all of this so not 100% sure what the baseline scan is for, I guess this is normal for a first cycle

Xx

Reg: Oct 5th 2013

Children: one daughter

Sunday, October 13th 2013, 12:44pm

Nice Sunday & new week ahead... :thumbsup:
Mum of 1. Took 6 years to conceive. Vietnamese and live in London.

Sunday, October 13th 2013, 5:51pm

Hi everyone
Tazza glad you got things sorted at your appt. hope the rest of your treatment goes stress free.
Kaz- glad to here from you, glad you have a plan. You never know we might be going through treatment at same time again
Bumblebee good luck for your appt.
Elisha Jane- what stage are you at?

Well I stopped bleeding on the 1st oct after bleeding for 5 weeks solid after a failed ivf. And today I have started bleeding again. . Just hope it doesn't last for 5 weeks!!! Hopefully it's just a normal period. Then I just need one more period before I can start again but probably will wait until Decembers period before I start treatment.
I am taking iron tablets lets just hope it's a normal period :)
Hope everyone's had a good weekend :)

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE