You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Lizzypops" started this thread

Reg: Nov 14th 2006

Children: Twins boy and girl

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 3:59pm

Controlled crying in the day

Hi

Do any of you let your twins cry in the day and leave them to cry...

My little boy seems to have got really clingy and constantly wants attention, which i cant always give because of his sister.. I constantly feel as if i am always singing, clapping and talking to them just to keep them from crying, its exhausting...Have i made a rod for my own back???

As far as i am aware there is nothing wrong with him, ie not hungry/dirty nappy etc he just wants me...Which is very nice and all that but not always possible...

He is screamimg his head off at the moment, he will stop when i pick him but then scream again when i put him down...

OOOHHHH its working, i left him to cry and ignored him, and he has now stopped...

Someone tell me i am not being mean!!!

Lizzy
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 4:02pm

you are not being mean at all hun!

i have to leave H too....not to be cruel, but because i am busy and if she is safe, fed, clean i leave her. it really does do them good to try and occupy themselves. im hoping h will be better at it than spud was. :rolleyes:

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 4:06pm

There's nothing wrong with it at all hun ... You're only one person

Like K says, it does them good to learn to occupy themselves, but as well as this they also need to know that crying doesn't always get them what they want

There is probably about 10 minutes (all together) where neither B or J are crying ... :rolleyes:

Reg: Jul 5th 2006

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 7:17pm

you are not alone hun! Tomas was like this, and still is in many ways (just going through crying at bedtime after 11months of going off fine....). At that age the best thing we did was buy a baby walker as I seriously think he was crying because he was bored!

I even took him to the GP who referred him to a paed consultant, who after an hour of examination told me it was behavioural (!) and that he was testing his boundaries. It is hard, but they do learn quickly. remember though, that they do have very short attention spans, so you will never get too long !

Rosie
x
me 32 PCOS, DH 39 all good
trying for 3.5 years, 12 months clomid, 1 m/c April 05, Fresh IVF March 06 BFN, FET Oct 06 BFP - Twins!! Littlebits born 29.05.07 and 30.05.07 :]

• "Lizzypops" started this thread

Reg: Nov 14th 2006

Children: Twins boy and girl

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 8:35pm

Thanks for the replies girls

I suppose its a phase that they go through, i expect there is lots more to come

Lizzy
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

elmo

Ace

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 1:05pm

RE: Controlled crying in the day

Quoted

Originally posted by Lizzypops

My little boy seems to have got really clingy and constantly wants attention, which i cant always give because of his sister.. I constantly feel as if i am always singing, clapping and talking to them just to keep them from crying, its exhausting...Have i made a rod for my own back???

Lizzy

.....this sounds soooo familiar, one of my girls demands attention constantly, its so tiring!! whenever i put her down she starts screaming!! i end up feeling really bad and pick her up!
although i love my cuddles with them, its so hard when you cant even go for a wee without being screamed for!!
Proud mom of the most beautiful twin girlies!!
2 angels in heaven, never forgotten

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 1:15pm

i think as long as you know they are safe, and they are 'only' crying for attention you should go and do what you need to do. i used to pop H in her bouncy chair so she could see me and she learned (eventually) that it was ok to not be welded to me. :D

i cant imagin how difficult it would be with 2 wanting your attention, its hard enough with one! but it must be lovely to have double the cuddles :]

love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Oct 17th 2006

Sunday, October 19th 2008, 5:38pm

Hi

They might even take turns being demanding. Unless they're dirty or hungry, its fine to leave them somehwre safe. Don't feel guilty about it.
They will be fine.

And they'll learn to entertain theselves, like mine do now. At least I call it entertaining, most people call it fighting. :D
xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
Left ovary removed and Lap 2 years later showed adhesions.
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
2nd IVF APR 07 - :BFP:
TWINS!!!

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Sunday, October 19th 2008, 9:03pm

Im still singing to my Two :O- ok they may tell me Shh these days :D
Singing was only way I got through the day & on the bright side they know all sorts of Nursery Rhymes, these days with actions and some dodgy singing :D
But sometimes you just got to let them get on with it whilst get on with whatever you have to do. :smile: :smile:
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Reg: Apr 7th 2006

Children: sophie 31/01/2008 and angels above

Sunday, October 19th 2008, 9:13pm

i had same problem and the way i fixed it was to buy a jumperoo and she was fine and happy bouncing while i went to do laundry or cook ect and i knew she was safe and fine

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE