You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sunshine" started this thread

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 11:14am

Breastfeeding Support Websites

In my quest for useful breastfeeding advice I have been doing a lot of internet searching.

Please feel free to add websites you have found useful.

Here's the first one!

http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/FAQMain.html#early

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 11:54am

Done!

There are a few sites that have helplines, I'm sure LaLeche is one of them. They're direct lines to peoples houses so are only available between 10am and 8pm (for example) but the ladies all have experience in counselling breastfeeding Mums who are struggling. Probably no use for you Sunshine in SE Asia but may be helpful to someone a little closer to home.

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, March 24th 2006, 1:28am

Thanks Sunshine and Bells. I found NCT breastfeeding counsellor invaluable - she had over 30 years of experience and seemed to be able to see down the telephone line! I'd recommend them to anyone. They also do a service where a consellor will come to your home and literally sit through your feeding from start to finish and offer guidance.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Primrose" (Mar 24th 2006, 1:29am)

• "Sunshine" started this thread

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Sunday, April 16th 2006, 2:14am

Hi there

LLL also have a forum, and as it is worldwide I have found answers on there to some of my questions really quickly!

http://www.lalecheleague.org/vbulletin/index.php

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, May 9th 2006, 11:16am

Found this website which has some amazing expressing machinery! I got one of their bras now I've gone up 3 sizes 8o and the support is fantastic. www.expressyourselfmums.co.uk.

Some of the cost you pay goes to charity and there is also a bit on the site for completing a petition for legislation to better support breastfeeding.

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, June 5th 2006, 8:18pm

http://www.abm.me.uk/index.html

ABM (Association of breastfeeding mothers) was founded in 1979 by a group of mothers experienced in breastfeeding counselling. It gained charity status in 1980 since when it continues to grow throughout UK. Members are mainly mothers who are or have breastfed their babies. Others include health professionals such as midwives and health visitors.
It is the aim of ABM to promote the physical and psychological health of mothers and children through education in the techniques of breastfeeding, and to advance the education of the public on the health benefits of breastfeeding. It offers help through Counsellors, and Mother Supporters, operates a 24 hour national telephone helpline (020 7 813 1481), offers conselling by letter or email (info@abm.me.uk) and if necessary/practical home visits can be arranged. It also runs a comprehensive website (http://www.abm.me.uk) offering information, research findings, articles, contacts, tips and other related items of interest.
ABM relies on grants, donations and subscriptions to sustain these activities.

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Sunday, March 4th 2007, 10:00pm

Bump for sammc xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE