You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "lulu27" started this thread

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 10:30am

My poor little lamb was in hospital and now has a bug advice please x

Was admitted to hospital on tues and had to stay overnight on nebs and oxygen due his ????? Asthma related problems.

Since weds he has been vomiting if you put food in front of him and then on thurs developed the worst sweet smelling diarrohoea that nappies just cant contain (tmi sorry). since yesterday lunchtime he has filled his nappy about 15 times and vomited only twice. He wants his milk so have been giving a little bit for the fluid, he's drinking loads more water than he usually does and he has just managed some toast, the poor love hasn't eaten a proper meal since breakfast on tues. How long should I leave it till I take him to the docs is it abut a week of diarroheoa for kids??? I bought diarolyte but he wont drink that (dont blame him) and the new advice is not to starve them but offer lots of carbohydrates and starchy foods etc, as long as he is drinking water do I need to just ride this out?? He is pale which I would expect him to be and he's happy lying on the sofa watching cbeebies, he'll get up to play for 5 mins at a time then that obviously makes him feel rough so he gets all tearful again, just dont want to waste a doctors time.

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 10:39am

Aww poor Seb :( A poorly boy is no waste of the docs time hun, I thought it was 3 days with D&V due to deyhdration, but its a good sign if he still has a thirst and hunger. Can you get some rehydration sachets and offer plenty of water based drinks? Milk is probably not so good an idea especially in this weather as it will just curdle with the acid and make it unpleasant for him to bring back up :sadface: Keep him cool today and see how it goes with him, keep an eye on his temp, if he is no better this afternoon I would ring NHS direct and see what they say. Hope he makes a recovery soon sweetie :hugs:

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 11:02am

awwwwwww no poor seb! :sadface:

i would have him checked by a dr hun, and keep him well hydrated. when spud is ill like this the dr usually tells me to give him dyoralite, spud doesnt really like it but i put some cordial into it to make it taste nicer, he has had the isotonic drinks too in the past when he wont drink dyoralite....hope he is better soon sweety. send him this from me :hugs:

k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Feb 4th 2007

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 11:05am

Get Well Soon Seb xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Me 28 DH 29
TTC 4 1/2 yrs
MC 2004 7wks MC 2005 11 wks
ICSI Dec 2006
Cancelled after EC:high risk OHSS
11 Frosties
Nat Fet March 07 BFN
7 Frosties :)
Med Fet May 07 BFP
VERY SHOCKING NAT BFP MAY 09

lulu27

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 11:45am

Thanks girls am so worried for him not a good day today dh has just left to go to Arizona for 2 months, i' supposed to be working ths afternoon but rang in cos just cant leave him, my friend dh is a gp so am waiting to talk to him to decide what I should do. He's so weak and looks noticeably thinner I dont know how long an 18 month old can keep on going on just water!!! it's such a worry feel like crying!!! Thanks for your help xxx

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 12:49pm

lulu - is he still doing wees? what is the frequency & colour?
what is the frequency & colour of his diarrhoea?

if the wee is infrequent (ie less than 2 times a day) or dark yellow, or the diarrhoea is yellow colour or green, then you need to take him to the doctors because chances are he might need a drip for a few days at the hospital to get back the vitamins & liquids & salts into his body.

given that it is the weekend coming up, if you can, go to the GPs this afternoon with him.

lulu27

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 1:27pm

have an appoinment at 2.30 hun yes not much wee the diarrhoea is very much yellow mucousy and sweet smelling. Thought he was getting a bit better cos just ate some quavers and a bit of bread then coughed and threw the whole lot up then filled his nappy!!!! Off to docs we go thanks for your advice xxx

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 1:42pm

glad you're going to the docs. sounds like he has salmonella / e-coli poisoning or similar. we all got this (family holiday to Indonesia) about 2 or 3 months back and it was miserable. I got it the worse, and we had to stay in our hotel stopover in Singapore for a couple more days because I literally couldnt go more than a hour or so without vomiting or pooing.

the doc may (but only may) give some immodium, some pro-biotic tablets/drinks and some rehydration tablets IF he feels your DS doesnt need to go to the hospital. I know here in Asia, that they would automatically put the child on a drip in hospital and monitor for a few days just to be on the safe side, but there are more beds & nurses here than in the UK even if the hospitals arent so hi-tech.

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 4:35pm

My friends twins who are 8mth have been suffering from a really bad bug and they have had this for a week. She has been to the docs and she gave them dirolyte and she told them to put it in crushed ice or an ice lolly. It sounds a lot like what they have had apparently its going round like wild fire, very contagious. I got told bland foods like plain rice and chicken are ok when got a bug and dry toast, try to avoid dairy.
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 7:50pm

Ah sorry chick didnt know tll now, poor you lot, When J had a bug like that it was on and off for 3 weeks went to Dr's twice & hosi twice, yet they said he was fine you feel like shouting at them he is NOT FINE. One gp said if his eyes are bright his mouth & nappies wet he is ok WTF to the eyes bit??? Oh and keep checking is head if he still has a softspot it will dip inwards when dehydrated, in the end we just fed him milk and water for 3 days and it went. Use the antibacs hand gel every time you feed & change him to help stop the spread.

How did Dr's appointment go hope you are ok lots of love x x x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Monday, July 28th 2008, 11:22am

How did you get on Lulu is Seb better x x

lulu27

Monday, July 28th 2008, 11:36am

Hi well had a d and v free day yesterday but this morning he coughed and projectile vomited everywhere but I think that's cos he coughed iykwim!! Dr said he was mildly dehydrated and just to keep pushing fluids it was boarder line for another hospital admission!!!! He's just very grumpy now bless!!!! Hopefully we are coming out of it now xxx

Monday, July 28th 2008, 2:19pm

Oh bless Seb, J's was on and off for 3weeks but it did pass and yes you are right the coughing makes them sick BAR nasty coughs and bugs go away x x x
Hugs x x x

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, July 28th 2008, 2:26pm

im glad the D & V is slowing down, i hate it when they are poorly :sadface: hope he is feeling his old self really soon :hugs: for him and for you....you must be shattered :hugs:

k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Thursday, July 31st 2008, 7:43pm

Oh the poor wee man - hope things look up soon xxxxxxxxxxxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

lulu27

Thursday, July 31st 2008, 9:16pm

Thanks girls he's alot better now but they re still both very unsettled!!! Dh went away on sat but I think there are a major crop of teeth coming through too!!!! The big ones are starting to come and Seb is getting his fang ones, anyone know what teeth come in at what age???? xxx

Reg: Apr 7th 2006

Children: sophie 31/01/2008 and angels above

Thursday, July 31st 2008, 10:22pm

hi
found this page on the net and thought it may help you also there is a link at the bottom to print out

shaz xx

http://www.teething-babies.co.uk/teethin…thing-chart.php

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Monday, August 4th 2008, 12:22pm

Hi hun

i think every baby is different, e-m has already got 2 back molars, and she has more coming through

the back ones are horrible, she gets such a sore bum, and a cold when teething
she coughed that much this morning it made her sick
Blummin teeth, I hate seeing her in pain
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE