You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "SingingNun" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Monday, July 28th 2008, 8:01pm

Reflux: Early Weaning or Late Weaning

I am getting right confused about weaning because of Rebecca's reflux (the Paediatrician told us to wean at normal rate ?() and whether I should wean early (she's 20wks wednesday and startg to watch us eating closely) or at 6mths? I don't know what to do for the best. I think its because the Paediatrician says that her reflux should improve with solids and I am worried I'll focus my attention on that and if it doesn't help, I feel so sad for Rebecca as I so want her to be off drugs. At the moment, she is teething and being sick a bit more as a result so I think that is the teething but because I am feeling anxious about the teething, I am doubting everything.

Sorry to moan but does anyone have any words of advice?

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Monday, July 28th 2008, 8:07pm

I can honestly say that I would just hold out until six months. I'm sure she is showing interest in food but she doesn't need it yet. The solids may help her reflux a little but then again it may not. Please try not to worry about it all, I know that is easier said than done but I promise eventually it will sort itself out in its own sweet time :happy:

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Monday, July 28th 2008, 8:32pm

We were told 6mths, both boys had ad reflux & puked at every bottle till over 6 mths, solids did help as they are heavier so dont flow back up as easy as milk plus at 6mths the reflux muscle has had chance to develop with tummy time which also helps x x x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Tuesday, July 29th 2008, 12:50am

Hi. We were told to wean E early. She was 4 months when we started.

E's reflux was always worse when she was teething.

Its tough, I know - big hugs to you.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "SingingNun" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Tuesday, July 29th 2008, 7:40am

Thanks girls! I do appreciate it as you know how it is. I think I will stick with my gut instinct and start at 6 months which is only in September. She was very tired and uncomfortable with her teething just now so I gave her half a packet of them powders and it did the trick, so I put the dummy in and looked for the calgel and when I found it (put it somewhere I didn't usually put it :cross:), she was asleep. In the meantime, there is a Weaning Talk on Aug 26th and I will read up about starting weaning so I am prepared. I think its panic that is making me worry.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE