You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "olothechick" started this thread

Reg: Dec 6th 2006

Children: 1 little boy

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 5:44am

severe toothache

girls i have had a horrible night couldnt get to sleep to start with then finally dropped off only to wake up less then half hour later with severe tooth ache that was twenty past 2 and have not been to sleep since. so not only is my tooth really hurting i now have a head ache and am shattered. I am going to call the dentist when they open at 9, i am just worried as when i went for my check up they said they would not do anything for me till after the baby is born but will they do something for me now that i am in so much pain?

xxx

TTC#1 4y
:BFP: 04/09 M/C

Lap 06 endo + scar tissue
Lap 08/07 laser of endo + adhesions

:BFP: 12/07 baby7Lucas born 11/09/08
Now TTC#2 since aug 09(please dont mention on fb)

Reg: Jan 15th 2008

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 8:18am

Hi Olo, hope you are feeling better now. I will definitely see the dentist and ask them to do something to settle down the pain for time being like prescribing antibiotics etc. Surely you cant suffer this pain for another 4 weeks or so.

ICSI May 2008 - BFN
1st August- :BFP: (natural)

Baby Girl born on 04/04/2009

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 8:47am

Hey Olo...sorry your toothache kept you from getting much needed sleep.
When I was only 5 weeks preg with my eldest I had terrible toothache and it started on xmas day - fab timing! Anyhow, as soon as I was able to see a dentist (went to the emergency dentist at hospital as xmas hols) I was treated without any problems - they used local anesthetic injection and then did a temp filling until I could see regular dentist who then did another injection and removed more of the decay and again did temp filling. They put some antiseptic stuff that may have been clove oil in my tooth under/in the temp filling too (not sure exactly but it certainly tasted like clove oil). I eventually had root canal which I believe they held off until after the birth (memory a bit hazy!) so they could do xrays to check all decay gone.
I experienced no pain after having the temp filling done, thankfully, so maybe the dentist will be able to do something like that for you in the meantime...toothache is so painful and you need your sleep just now!
Hope they get it sorted for you.x
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 9:16am

got appointment at 3

TTC#1 4y

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 9:19am

Hey hun, sorry to hear about your tooth :( I hate toothache :( I was treated exactly the same as Mayo with a poorly tooth, as I told you before about mercury fillings, some dentists are still loath to take the risk of putting them in on pregnant women if its avoidable and they may just offer you a temporary filling and a course of antibiotics to treat the infection. All will be fine hun, they won't leave you in pain. I had a tooth out when I was pregnant with Lauren, there is no risks with a local aneasthetic, it is such a small amount that is localised to the area it is injected. Good luck

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Wednesday, August 6th 2008, 11:32am

thanks girls

well on anti biotics now so hopefully they will sort me out

xxx

TTC#1 4y

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Wednesday, August 6th 2008, 1:42pm

How you feeling now? Toothache is blimmin awful i feel rotten for you xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Wednesday, August 6th 2008, 3:05pm

thanks glitzy its not to bad today which i am glad about as i really hate tooth ache its one of those annoying pains aint it.

TTC#1 4y

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE