You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sophsmum08" started this thread

Reg: Apr 7th 2006

Children: sophie 31/01/2008 and angels above

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 11:16pm

Help re sleeping

or the lack of

s is nearly 7 months now and from quite early on she went to bed around 8pm after bottle and slept till i woke her around midnight for a feed then sleep through to around 8am

tonight though she is being a monster

she hardly slept at nap times and then when i fed her at 5pm she wanted to sleep and slept till 9pm and wanted feeding again
fed her and now she wont settle back to sleep at all

i rock her she goes to sleep sucking fingers then when i lay her down and try to leave her side she wakes and screams again

have gave calpol infacol and bonjela too but nothings working

HELP!!!!!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 7:52am

How is she this morning Shaz? I would say if she normally sleeps really well but had one bad night, then maybe she is poorly. Does she have any fever? Is she feeling hot on her chest or back (not her forehead)? Do you have a thermometer?

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 8:27am

There could be 101 reasons Shaz - Flo has recently done the same sort of thing she hated being put down during the day and was so tired she ended up sleeping from 5pm till 10am one night (she had a few feeds inbetween :D) I put it down to seperation anxiety everytime I walked away she went beserk - she seems to be better now though.

Hope it's just that and she isn't poorly xx

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 10:42am

Can I just ask why you are waking her for a feed at midnight? Is she grizzling for it?

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 10:57am

she could be teehing, could be that she is poorly, could be that she wants her mommy tbh shaz, i would try to stick to her usual routine today....she might surprise you and slip back into it ok.

hope she has a better night tonight :hugs:

love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 11:25am

I would agree that 1-5 nights is classed as an unsettled period, whereas if it had been going on for 7 nights or longer it could be a sleep issue. Babies brains and bodies are still going through massive developments in the 1st year and can cause the odd unsettled night, whether that be for teething, growth, brain development or even 'just because'. I found an overstimulated or overtired baby is best left to settle on their own in a very dimly lit, quiet bedroom. They may cry a little bit at first but they will usually settle themselves relatively quickly.

Hope you have a better night tonight, its never easy, but they do usually get back into their usual pattern soon after.

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

• "Sophsmum08" started this thread

Reg: Apr 7th 2006

Children: sophie 31/01/2008 and angels above

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 1:12am

hi all
thanks for advice

i think it was cos we went into town and only had a small nap while out and not much else then was too tired at bedtime
wouldnt let me lay her down at all but was fine healthwise

i finally had to give in and take her down and she finally slept in her pram with me rocking it then fed and then slept as usual afterwards

had normal routine today and she went to bed perfect

i usual feed her around midnight as she wakes for a feed and then me and dh get a good sleep and he gets up to do the breakfast for her
it works well and we feel refreshed

thanks again though ladies

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 8:42pm

Quoted

Originally posted by AngelsMummy

i usual feed her around midnight as she wakes for a feed

That was what I was wondering. Glad it seems to have sorted itself out, they're little tinkers aren't they!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE